shape
carat
color
clarity

Best E-Ring Out of 5--Please Give your Informed Opinions :)

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I'm looking at these WhiteFlash diamonds and have narrowed it down to the following 5. I have tried to compare them side by side--and am fairly educated on dimensions, etc, but surely not an expert. I also am not totally sure what I should be looking for (more than symmetry) with all of the idealscopes, and various pictures they give you of the diamond.

Since they are all within a $400 dollar price range, I'm looking for the best diamond, considering the E-G color range versus Vs2 and Si1. If you can please take a look and give any informed advice, I would be so appreciative! I am looking to purchase in the next few days.
Thanks so much.

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2656299.htm F VS2 AGS-O $3,674

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2632527.htm G VS2 AGS-0 $3,345

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2145409.htm E Si1 Super Ideal-A cut above $3,717

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2632187.htm F VS2 AGS-0 $3,748

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2428264.htm E Si1 Super Ideal-A cut above $3,744

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Best E-Ring Out of 5--Please Give your Informed Opinions

I would go with the .712 E/SI1 ACA stone.
WF is running a promotion that you can save 10% on the setting during September if you buy an ACA diamond:
http://www.whiteflash.com/promotions/10-percent-off-setting.aspx

I like this one better than the other one because it looks cleaner to me (the other ACA).
best of luck, you can't really go wrong!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nfowife|1315162498|3009679 said:
I would go with the .712 E/SI1 ACA stone.
WF is running a promotion that you can save 10% on the setting during September if you buy an ACA diamond:
http://www.whiteflash.com/promotions/10-percent-off-setting.aspx

I like this one better than the other one because it looks cleaner to me (the other ACA).
best of luck, you can't really go wrong!

Would totally agree with this!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I would pick the G VS2 Expert Selection...because I would rather have VS clarity than SI and G is plenty white for me...and it is the least expensive :) however, everyone's priorities are different and I don't think there is a bad choice in that bunch :)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I agree with Sig47, but all look nice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I also would rather have VS2 and F or G is fine with me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

i'd pick #5 b/c i like small table stones.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

I'd probably pickthe G. I don't like paying for something I won't appreciate.

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock

Thanks for your responses everyone! It's so hard not seeing the rings in person! But do you all think that an E color would look much whiter/better than a G color? I'm one of those people that can see the yellow in an H color and always spot it--and many tell me that giving up clarity versus color is the way to go as long as it's eye clean as a Si1.Although but the Vs2 G does look enticingly clean in the photos...again, i'm not much of an expert on reading the 3 pics whiteflash gives you.

My next question...platinum versus white gold with the Rhod plating. The jeweler I saw said white gold scratches less, though that's not what I've been reading on posts. I'd be interested to see what they look like say, one year after you get them in terms of wear and tear, reduction of coloring etc. I've heard platinum turns greyish and dull and white gold turns yellowish. Does anyone have a picture or know a site where this is comparison is visible? Would love your opinions on which metals to choose too.

Ps. Can't believe diamond prices have gone up, what 25% since March of this year? There goes my carat LOL ;-)

Thanks so much for your opinions!

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock

Ok just looked at some pictures so no need to reply with those, although I'm still not sure. Still would love your thoughts on E vs G color--if you can see the difference there more, or the difference between Vs2 and Si1...and thus which stone to chose. Thanks for your help!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

hopefuldiamond|1315244305|3010119 said:
Ok just looked at some pictures so no need to reply with those, although I'm still not sure. Still would love your thoughts on E vs G color--if you can see the difference there more, or the difference between Vs2 and Si1...and thus which stone to chose. Thanks for your help!

In my opinion, if you have been told that the SI1 stone is eyeclean then the visual difference between the VS2 and the SI1 will no be noticeable. But if you are color sensitive then you most likely will see a color difference between the G and the E.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

it depends...you may 'see' more inclusions in the SI1 just because you know it is a SI1. It is possible that the SI1 is totally 100% eye-clean from all angles but if you are picky about clarity then I would go with the VS.

Bj

Rough_Rock

Having recently become a diamond expert for my own purchase from Whiteflash I would choose the
.712 E/SI1 ACA stone.

My advise is below - but I went on the whiteflash website and had a live chat with them and they were really helpful with benefits and negatives of each of three that I was considering!

I was told you will notice Colour and this is important - so I would go with the E for sure!

With a SI1 clarity - unlikely to notice an inclusion (unless under magnification) for the record as I was buying online I went for Vs2 just to be on the safe side!?

Cut is also best with this diamond -Very important so you can't go wrong with ACA.

Cheers
Bj

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results