shape
carat
color
clarity

best deals on travel? favorite beach destinations?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I know there are a lot of travelers on PS...so where do you go to get the best deals on travel? we are looking to book our honeymoon for late May/early June.

also...if you had $6000 to spend on a beach vacation, where would you go?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The Caribbean is amazingly beautiful and perfect for a honeymoon. Not sure where you live so not sure on how much flights would cost? Priceline has some pretty good deals!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
With budget of 6,000 I would look at st Lucia. An acquaintance went to a stunningbresort there and they had their own bungalo with a plunge pool overlooking the ocean. Definitely look into st Lucia,----sun, sea, turbojet rainforests and mountains-----

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I usually just use expedia to book travel - and I travel a lot! As for best beach vacation, definitely somewhere in the Mediterranean; trust me.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Also, if you're thinking of honeymooning in Europe, hotwire.com has some good deals on hotels.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Sri Lanka - some of their beaches have been voted best in the world.

Add to that some amazing hotels (Lighthouse in Galle, and the Jetwing Beach in Negombo just for starters), great seafood, incredible scenery - real jungle and wild elephants roaming the plains...

We spent our honeymoon there and had a fabulous time. I've been back since and can't wait till the next trip.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1312059128|2980690 said:
With budget of 6,000 I would look at st Lucia. An acquaintance went to a stunningbresort there and they had their own bungalo with a plunge pool overlooking the ocean. Definitely look into st Lucia,----sun, sea, turbojet rainforests and mountains-----

I second st Lucia....amazing! Literally paradise!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I would LOVE to visit St. Lucia! (Check out Jade Mountain Resort-AMAZING!)

We went to the Maldives and got an amazing rate for our hotel on priceline. The flights were what was very expensive (we went from the US to India to Male).

Anywhere in the Caribbean is going to be great, but with your budget, I would go for the more exclusive (read: less children) resorts in Anguilla, Antigua, Curacao and St. Lucia.

The mediterranean sounds super dreamy (Greece, Italian Riviera, South of France) and I would also consider the Canary Islands.

Good luck and have so much fun!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to say that if you are a member of any flash sale sites (Haute Look, Gilt Groupe, Rue La La and Ideeli) they often have great deals on travel.

We went to Cabo San Lucas in June and stayed 5 days in a 2 bedroom villa at Cabo Azul for under $700 with a voucher from Ideeli.

Next month we are going to Belize for our two year anniversary and we found the resort on Gilt Groupe for way less than expedia had it.

I've recommended these to other friends and family and I know a couple that is taking a cruise from New Zealand to French Polynesia that they found on Rue La La.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wannaBMrsH|1312074484|2980823 said:
I would LOVE to visit St. Lucia! (Check out Jade Mountain Resort-AMAZING!)

We went to the Maldives and got an amazing rate for our hotel on priceline. The flights were what was very expensive (we went from the US to India to Male).

Anywhere in the Caribbean is going to be great, but with your budget, I would go for the more exclusive (read: less children) resorts in Anguilla, Antigua, Curacao and St. Lucia.

The mediterranean sounds super dreamy (Greece, Italian Riviera, South of France) and I would also consider the Canary Islands.

Good luck and have so much fun!

I have read about Jade Mountain resort on various websites...but the prices :errrr: :errrr: [URL='/user']/user[/URL]

yes, for a honeymoon I am thinking more romantic/fewer kids running around. honestly I am so excited...I can't remember the last time I took a vacation and definitely not a fancy one!!

just signed up for Gilt Groupe since it's free. i also signed up for travelzoo earlier...has anyone used them?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Travelzoo is the best. Every vacation I've taken for the last, like, ten years maybe .... Travelzoo deals! I'd 2nd the St. Lucia or Antiqua recs ... especially if you live on the East Coast.

Heard amazing things about Hawaii & Fiji for West Coasters ... but have no personal experience w/either of those. Darn!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Where are you flying from? Will influence "best deal" but perhaps not "my fav" beach destination.....

cheers--Sharon

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Europe is still a bit chilly for the beach in May, June isn't bad.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
May is a wonderful time of year in Hawaii. School isn't out on the mainland, so wall-to-wall children aren't an issue. Maui has wonderful beaches, especially in South Maui (Wailea and Makena areas). Take a look at the Four Seasons and Fairmont Kea Lani for hotels on a beach, and the Hotel Wailea which is further away, but has phenomenal views and excellent rates.

http://www.fourseasons.com/maui/
http://www.fairmont.com/KeaLani
http://www.hotelwailea.com

In West Maui--really northwest Maui--there's the Sheraton and the Hyatt for hotels right on Ka'anapali Beach.

The thing I love about Maui is the variety: if you get sick of the beautiful beaches--or get a major sunburn and need a break--there is Haleakala, biking, hiking, ziplining, horseback riding...It really is the perfect mix of activity and sheer, blissful sloth.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1312083764|2980907 said:
HI:

Where are you flying from? Will influence "best deal" but perhaps not "my fav" beach destination.....

cheers--Sharon

either CA or TX depending on where we go!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1312171659|2981415 said:
canuk-gal|1312083764|2980907 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

either CA or TX depending on where we go!

From those locations, then I'd recommend Tahiti...very beautiful. Similar to the Caribbean, but will be quite a bit closer for you.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
If you go to Sri Lanka, you can walk down the jewelry streets and see literally thousands upon thousands of coloured gems. Just saying.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results