shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Body Moisturizers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My skin is parched!

How do you get that luminous glowy look?

Has anyone used Archipelago creams and lotions?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, I don''t know anything about Archipeligo products, but I can tell you I''ve had great success with Palmer''s coco butter balm, Moisterel, and Swedish Beauty''s hemp lotions. Also, Vaseline makes a really good luminous lotion that has a bit of glitter/glimmer in it for legs and arms (or even chests). I really don''t use anything from department stores as far as moisturizers because I have sensitive, and very dry skin. I find that making sure I drink at least 64 oz. of water every day and using lotion each and every morning has really helped my skin look its best. I also coat myself with the Palmer''s stuff every night before bed...when I used to go to bed without it, I''d wake up and look at my skin and it was almost ashy looking. Now I wake up and it feels positively dewy. I love it! I''m sure the Archipeligo products do the same thing, though... but I haven''t tried them. Hth!
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm I feel all basic because I am a Vaseline Intensive Care girl...I've used it since I was little and I have yet to branch out. I also don't like scented lotions at all, smells in general tend to really bother me (I also don't wear perfume or anything strongly scented) so I tend to just use the more basic items. I do love lavendar shea butter for my hands though. And I do like lemongrass and verbena as scents. Those are the three I can easily tolerate...I find I can tolerate 'natural' aka plant scents best. I use the Dry Skin VIC because my skin gets pretty dry. I use so much lotion...I am always buying a new bottle!

Also I have been wondering...has anyone tried those 'Skin Firming' lotions? Seems like everyone has them out...I used Neutrogena in the past and felt like it did a big zippo for me...also I didn't like the smell...so now I am trying Jergens and who knows if it's actually working, what is the active ingredient to firm skin up anyway? I think mine has seaweed or something. I almost feel like it is a mental placebo, aka I am SURE my skin is getting firmer ... ??
20.gif

What is Archipelago? Is it good? Oh for the luminous lotions I actually have something from Jergens that I put on in the summer when we go out at night to parties or whatever, it's subtle and shimmery but that's the only time I use it. Oh and yes LOTS of water. I am a water guzzling FIEND. It does help with your skin big time esp if you live in a dry climate.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I would be glad to share with you what I do every day to have lush soft skin. After my shower, I pat dry lightly with my towel just so I am not dripping, but the skin is still moist. Then I use Neutrogena Light Sesame Body Oil all over, espescially on my feet, elbows, tummy, legs and on the backs of my arms. I use enough to feel good on my skin, but I also rub it in pretty well. It is very light, absorbs easily and is perfect for layering onto with a body shimmering cream or lotion. It sets the stage though for whatever else I put on my skin.

With this oil lightly on my skin, I will often smooth on my Jergens lotion that adds a subtle tan over like a few days and get twice the reward---softness and a hint of warmth in color. I also like the Body Butter from Victoria''s Secret. It is very light and makes your skin feel amazing! The soft hint of fragrance is clean and non offensive.

The one thing that helps my skin more than anything else is I use a skin smoother by H20 in the shower every other day. It exfoliates the dead skin cells all over, especailly on feet, elbows and heels and keeps my skin hydrated after the shower and light patting of my towel. Everything else--oils, lotions, body butters--just help retain what I did in the shower to begin with...

My sons and husband always are telling me to keep doing whatever I am doing to my skin cuz they love how soft and touchable it is...if that isn''t nice to hear on a daily basis, heck, I don''t know what is!
emotion-5.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Oh...and like the others already stated, drinking lots of water is very helpful. Getting enough fresh fruits and veggies and getting enough rest all will affect the state of your skin as well. When I am running and not getting enough sleep, rest and a good balance of fruit and veggies, my skin shows it by needing more moisture. Lotions help--for sure--but having it be luminous. that is greatly affected by how soon I get to rest, if I excercise at all and what I eat.

Just some additional thoughts to help...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys.

Living in Texas, we have the humidity, but I guess my age is starting to creep (ha!) up on me.

I know an older woman who is European and her skin is unbelievably stunning. She has a little color year round, but her skin glows. Even in pictures. She does drink water, but not a lot she says. But she uses some kind of ridiculously expensive French creams. She has different creams/lotions for all parts of her body.

I never bought into the expensive creams, until last night! I bought 180.00 worth of stuff from Sephora. Butters, balms, lotions. We will see. In the meantime, my water intake is increasing a bunch.

I thought hormone replacement therapy had the added benefit of nicer skin!!!! ha ha!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i love the La Prairie line of creams...very expensive. if I was rich I'd just use all that stuff!!

but i do use some of their stuff for my face and have been really happy with it. but for the body, it just seems so expensive to slather on pricey goods!! esp when i go through them very quickly.

Ann keep us posted on what you like from what you bought.

Can anyone recommend a good daily kind of body wash/scrub for exfoliating in the shower and also one for face? Right now I use L'Occitane for body but the salt crystals are kind of big and scratch me up too much for my liking.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2006 2:55:39 PM
Author: Mara
oh i love the La Prairie line of creams...very expensive. if I was rich I''d just use all that stuff!!

but i do use some of their stuff for my face and have been really happy with it. but for the body, it just seems so expensive to slather on pricey goods!! esp when i go through them very quickly.

Ann keep us posted on what you like from what you bought.

Can anyone recommend a good daily kind of body wash/scrub for exfoliating in the shower and also one for face? Right now I use L''Occitane for body but the salt crystals are kind of big and scratch me up too much for my liking.
HI:

Have you tried any Origins products? They have a wide range of exfoliating products with kooky names--like "Gloomaway" that are nice. Also have products for face and great moisturizers and "natural" antiaging products too.

cheers--Sharon

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
L''Occitane is always a good choice, and it smells nice. If you have really dry skin, try the Shea Butter tube/tin from L''Occitane as well although that doesn''t smell like anything. But I think there''s a lavander one out.

Origin products are always good too

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ann! What I wouldn''t do to find a cream or lotion that works on these dry legs and arms and feet. Sigh. you name it. Been there done that. I had the best success with unrefined shea butter (but it''s a little oily and smelly)....And pure vaseline (again, greasy)....Love Eucarin...And I TRULY think the key is the exfoliate on a regular basis and to use a alpha hydroxy....i blend it with whatever cream I use...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I finished up a tin of shea butter from L''Occitane last night. Felt like a slimy slug this morning!

MMM- how do you add Alpha Hydrox to your creams? I used the red AH toner for years on my face, they don''t make it anymore.

My husband swears my exfoliator creams clogs up the shower drain and makes the marble tile slippery. Well, it sorta does, so I sneak it!

Has anyone tried the new Patricia Wexler line at Bath and Body?

Botox? I hate getting old!

Picture is myself and daughter on the occasion of her graduation from UT.

mereMom.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You have a daughter that just graduated from University??? Impossible--from this picture you could be sisters! You both are gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2006 8:28:45 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

You have a daughter that just graduated from University??? Impossible--from this picture you could be sisters! You both are gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon
I totally agree!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann you both look fabulous I agree re: the sisters! Love it.

I actually exfoliated this AM with the LO stuff but it''s a little heavy on the oil for me to use all the time, I put lotion on after and it was just right..I also do use Neutrogena Body Oil mixed with my skin firming lotions or sometimes Aloe Vera for summer. It''s mostly in the winter I get super dry but I hate putting lots of lotions under clothes...I feel like my skin sticks to the clothes, so I tend to have softer skin in the summer because I put more items on due to skin being more exposed and feeling like it can breathe!

I''ll check out the Origins stuff for body/exfoliating wash in the shower!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
You guys sure mix a lot of different stuff together, buy hey, you gotta do what you gotta do.

The Neutrogena Oil - it''s not greasy? And Mara, you mix it? How much? Do you use on slightly damp skin? But since it is oil, does it just stay on top of the skin or does your skin actually absorb it?

Yes, dear daughter and I are 30 yrs apart. My skin is really bothering me lately. Like I said earlier, I have never bought any of the expensive creams. til now. Menopause is hell on your body. I resisted the hormone replacements until I couldn''t bear the hot flashes and other symptons any longer.

Enjoy your youth girls!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Well Ann you and your DD sure don''t look 30 years apart!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ann....you're one hot mama!!!

I use alpha hydroxy lotion 8 or 10%? (or something like that...the original stuff...red box) and just squirt it in my hands and then pump some lotion into my hands and mix! It's easy that way....I have severe dry skin in the winter. In the summer b/c of the humidity I'm much better but still very very dry....My face isn't dry though...I use the alpha on my face too and not to toot my own horn...LOL...people at work will randomly come up to me and tell me I have beautiful skin ! LOL...Which is funny b/c I don't think it is...but I think it has so much to do with the hydroxy...I was walking down the hall and work last week and I kid you not, the owner of the adjoining company just walked right by and blurted out that I have beautiful skin! Love it! LOL...And I don't toot my own horn often :)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2006 9:48:21 PM
Author: moremoremore
Ann....you're one hot mama!!!

I use alpha hydroxy lotion 8 or 10%? (or something like that...the original stuff...red box) and just squirt it in my hands and then pump some lotion into my hands and mix! It's easy that way....I have severe dry skin in the winter. In the summer b/c of the humidity I'm much better but still very very dry....My face isn't dry though...I use the alpha on my face too and not to toot my own horn...LOL...people at work will randomly come up to me and tell me I have beautiful skin ! LOL...Which is funny b/c I don't think it is...but I think it has so much to do with the hydroxy...I was walking down the hall and work last week and I kid you not, the owner of the adjoining company just walked right by and blurted out that I have beautiful skin! Love it! LOL...And I don't toot my own horn often :)
You don't toot your horn near enough!
17.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe ann i don''t use alot of the oil at all, it''s probably 3 parts lotion and 1 part oil...and it it scented just very slightly so it doesn''t bother me at all and it really helps give my skin that extra bit of ''sheen'' for summer but not make it oily. i really dislike oily items, and also it seems like i always get hairs like my hair or portia''s hair stuck on my skin then and it tickles me and drives me nuts!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann seriously - you two could be sisters!

I pretty much just use the Body Shop body butters - so luxuriously thick and then I smell so yummy! (And they're awesome to fix your dried up old summer feet from wearing sandals all the time - slather some on the tootsies at night and put on thick socks...in the morning, voila!)

And on my face, strictly Guinot products.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Ann, are you sure you aren''t sisters and this is just a test? You don''t look like you are old enough to be her mother! God Bless You!

As far as moisturizers, I have this problem since I wash my hands so much at work (I am a nurse),I love that new Johnson''s body oil Gel in the Lavender scent. I put it on my hands when they are wet and wipe off the excess with the towel and my hands look so silky smooth.

I also like Johnson''s bedtime cream in the lavender scent as well. It smells so good, just like a baby.

Also, for your body, Avon makes their skin so soft line and they have a dry body mist spray that is great. I spray it everywhere on my body, but especially my feet and they look great! It makes my feet, especially my toes when I don''t have polish, look nice and supple.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
lol toot toot hlmr!
10.gif

fire- do they still make mango body butter? i used that years ago...went on nice and smelled yummy!!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
WHAT BEAUTIFUL LADIES! Look at those figures! (green with envy :)

I am SO bad about putting lotion on my body, I''m dressed and then go, oh dang I forgot the lotion again! But Im trying to be really good about it since I bought the Summer Glow by Neutrogena, hoping to get a bit of a subtle glow. Its a nice texture and scent.

For exfoliating and cleanising I LOVE Super Minty Soap''n Scrub by Bliss. In fact, I love almost all of Bliss products and try to get them on ebay since they are so expensive at Sephora. Their high intensity hand cream is the BEST ever, I have like 10 tubes all stashed everywhere.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of those moisturizers with the tanning lotion

I have tried the Neutrogena one and the smell put me off, so I tried the one from Loreal.

So far, I can bear it. But it still smells!!

Are there any of these hybrid tanners (!) that don''t have that tell-tale scent.?

Thanks for all the compliments guys. If that pic was a close up, ya''ll might not be so sweet! ha ha!

(she is 21, I am 51)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 8:52:03 AM
Author: moremoremore
fire- do they still make mango body butter? i used that years ago...went on nice and smelled yummy!!!
Sure do MMM - still make mango. I have the grapeseed one and the papaya. The papaya is AWESOME!!! I want to try the coconut one next. It''s yummy too.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have any of you tried Philosophy''s exfoliators. I LOVE The Gingerbread Man and Amazing Grace. My skin is super smooth afterwards. They are not oily either.

Linda

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda I used to use their orange/tangerine one but I think they discontinued it. I was checking out the Amazing Grace online...I also like the pricing since you can get the super big 23oz jar for like $25 which is not bad..and it lasts a while.

I just checked out the Origins line online and it''s kind of pricey, aka 5 oz of body scrub for $17...I''d rather get the Philosophy 23oz for $25 since I am so bad about using ''small amounts'' of that stuff, I end up using way too much.

Does anyone use those squeeze bottles of body wash with mixed in exfoliators in the shower? I have seen these when we visit friends but I don''t know what brands they are...it''s like a body wash but it has some salts in it or seeds or something that does kind of a mini exfolation, if so what do you use?? Suggestions?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny, today I did my blend of the Neutrogena Regular Body Oil (which apparently is the Sesame Body Oil) and my skin firming lotion and then I went to the store and the gal said ''something smells really good, is that you?''...I said ''I don''t know but I hope so''...ehheee.
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This should give you an idea of how dry my skin gets...my new purchase...I was doing some research and coconut cooking oil it is! :) I'm SO not kidding. It is said to penetrate quickly and have some exfoliating and anti aging properties....
Has to be organic extra virgin...

oil.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, Ahem, how do you use that?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results