shape
carat
color
clarity

Best Ballet Flats

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I've been looking for a good pair of ballet type flats forever. I have a lot of dresses/skirts that I don't wear because I don't have cute shoes! I love my Danskos, but they are so clunky with dresses (even the loafers) that just end up wearing slacks. I saw Tieks and am REALLY interested (even did the 50 masks as part of their promotion). Any of you have these shoes? Love them? Hate them? Please advise!!!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Oh the tieks look amazing! I have bunions and pretty much stopped wearing ballet flats but I would love to know what flats work for folks.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 Thankfully I don't have those issues, but as a teacher I'm on my feet quite a bit. I want something COMFORTABLE, cute, durable, but also don't want to break the bank. $175 for shoes is on the TOP end of the budget, so I'm trying to figure out if these are worth it. I can justify the cost if they last, but if they fall apart...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tieks. I love my tieks.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Born would be my second choice, but I’m not sure how much cheaper they are.

I’d check Nordstrom rack and 6pm.com and Zappos. Born.com might be having a sale.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for fabric or leather? And what type of sole do you prefer?

You should maybe look at Allbirds, Tieks, Rothy's, Everlane.

Check out this articles:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are cute and well made and they fold in half and come with a little carry bag. I can put them in my purse, wear heels and when those get uncomfortable, I can take those off and put the tieks on.

I guess my main reasons for liking them: they are very soft and super comfortable.

Attachments

• 24100368-9B48-4A1E-8917-C8CF45EEB98E.jpeg
    24100368-9B48-4A1E-8917-C8CF45EEB98E.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 39

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for fabric or leather? And what type of sole do you prefer?

You should maybe look at Allbirds, Tieks, Rothy's, Everlane.

Check out this articles:

I'm good with both fabric or leather. Sole, well, I want them to be comfortable. I currently have (and love) Danskos, Sperry's (top side), Birkenstocks. :D

I'll check the places you posted. :D

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have several pairs of Rothy's. Love them all. I add aetrex inserts when I'll be wearing them all day and they're perfect. I do size up since my feet are wide and I add the inserts. I have the round and the point.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have several pairs of Rothy's. Love them all. I add aetrex inserts when I'll be wearing them all day and they're perfect. I do size up since my feet are wide and I add the inserts. I have the round and the point.

I looked at the Rothy's but wasn't sure. They have a good promotion on some of their shoes for teachers, but not 100% sold on them. Cute style but the one pair I'd love they don't have my size. :/

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have a high arch so ballet flats are a challenge for me: but in the last 10 years I've gone through two pair of Lanvins. They wear extremely well. Size up.

cheers--Sharon

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

I have a high arch so ballet flats are a challenge for me: but in the last 10 years I've gone through two pair of Lanvins. They wear extremely well. Size up.

cheers--Sharon

This is a good point. I also have a high arch so I don't really wear ballet flats or super flat sandals.
So if you have high arches and need support---allow for an insert if the shoe does not have good arch support.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Tory Burch Minnie Travel Flats are super comfortable and look nice with dresses!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Now this is a topic I can answer.

I hate heels.

I find Tory Burch to be extremely uncomfortable. I also don't think that they wear well at all. I used to buy them but I think that they are overpriced for the quality.

Cole Haan is a good option. Those generally are comfortable, have good soles with some flexibility and they typically wear well.

Born is a good option but sometimes I think their styles are clunky.

Frye makes a quality flat, but you really have to break those in.

My flat of choice is Sam Edelman. I like the Felicia style the best or Floyd. Even the pointy toed ones are actually comfortable for me. I have about probably nine pairs at any given time of these.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tieks are very close to true ballet shoes. Zero support.

Probably not a great choice for you then.

I second or third checking out Cole Haan.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked at the Rothy's but wasn't sure. They have a good promotion on some of their shoes for teachers, but not 100% sold on them. Cute style but the one pair I'd love they don't have my size. :/

Being able to wash them is everything for me. I can send you a referral code for a discount on any pair, then you're not limited to the teacher selection.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tieks are very close to true ballet shoes. Zero support.

Probably not a great choice for you then.

I second or third checking out Cole Haan.

I'll look at Cole Haan, not 100% sure on Rothy's but I'll holler if I decide to take you up on your referral offer <3

Now, in terms of support: I don't think my Sperry boat shoes have any support and I can wear them for the day with only minimal discomfort. I also thought about the possibility of adding an insole if needed for the Tieks...

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My Cole Haan slip on sneakers are suuuuuuper comfortable. You can totally pull off cute sneakers with a dress or skirt!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very sensitive feet and the only ballerina flats I can wear without breaking them in are pretty ballerinas.

(I'm only talking about the classic roundish flats, comfort -wise. Not the pointy ones or mules)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my recommendations are very inexpensive but for me they are super comfortable and maybe they will work for you too.
If you are looking at comfort at a price point that cannot be beat I love J Crew and Lifestride Ballet Flats. All I wear are ballet flats or boots and J Crew and Lifestride are still my go to flats.

jcrewballetflatsneutralsuede.jpg

jcrewbluesuedeballetflats.png

Another comfy ballet shoe is Lifestride. So comfy.

lifestrideballetflats.jpg

lifestrideballetflatsblack.jpg

I do put a half insert in my J Crew flats for more support but that does the trick for me. Hope you find shoes that work well for you.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my recommendations are very inexpensive but for me they are super comfortable and maybe they will work for you too.
If you are looking at comfort at a price point that cannot be beat I love J Crew and Lifestride Ballet Flats. All I wear are ballet flats or boots and J Crew and Lifestride are still my go to flats.

I do put a half insert in my J Crew flats for more support but that does the trick for me. Hope you find shoes that work well for you.

@missy, you did it again... Off to google j crew ballet flats...

We have a very similar taste in shoes, it seems

Hugs to NJ from France ❤

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

I knew Missy would have some great ideas! I'll be spending time checking out all the flats everyone has been posting.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally hopeless... @bling_dream19 just reminded me that I didn't buy any new flats this year due to Covid.... Nothing at j crew tempted me, but I might have JUST bought pointy shiny pretty ballerinas :(

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I'm totally hopeless... @bling_dream19 just reminded me that I didn't buy any new flats this year due to Covid.... Nothing at j crew tempted me, but I might have JUST bought pointy shiny pretty ballerinas :(

Yay exciting! Post pics when they come in pretty please. Hugs!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I love sam Edelman flats initially, but after a few months they wear out & cause me pain. I've started wearing loafers bec those are more supportive but I hate how my feet look in them.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stuart weitzman. They make a line of comfy shoes with rubber soles. They are pricey, but last.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to Dillards and tried on 7 different pairs of black flats. Sigh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results