shape
carat
color
clarity

Best area to stay in Houston, TX with kids?

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m thinking of visiting Whiteflash with the family and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on areas to stay that would be fun, relaxing and easiest with a toddler for a few days. WF is in Sugar Land, TX and I assume Hobby is the best airport to land? Should we rent a car or is the area relatively Uber-friendly?

Tagging @Gussie because I know she is a Texan mommy. :wavey:

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t in good faith post this thread without acknowledging the horrific events that happened in El Paso. My heart hurts for the victims, their families and the entire Texan community.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm originally from Houston , lived there most of my life. Hobby was always my choice for airport, it is smaller and closer to town. The larger airport is waaaay out and crazy busy. Sorry but no recommendations in the Sugarland area, not my turf. There is a nice Doubletree Hotel at Greenway in a nice area near town that would give you easy access to the zoo, museums, parks, great food. I have stayed there many times.
Houston is huge and lots of traffic. I would say Uber would be less stressful and is plentiful in Houston.
Heres a map to give you a lay of the land with hotel, airport, WF tagged.
20190808_101828.png

https://www.guestreservations.com/d...D9za6S7zfSE-AJqO-Pw4zznYlZRAwYWQaAvZBEALw_wcB

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 -

My husband and I are planning on making a trip out there sooner or later. We'll fly in and out of Hobby, and stay at the Sugar Land Marriott, which is about a 3 minute walk away from WF. No suggestions for kid-friendly activities, but I think that would be your best bet for a hotel. I know it has a very pretty pool / hot tub, tho not huge, which your kids might enjoy.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a great wolf lodge around there? I know I’m thinking of Dallas but thought it was worth a shot...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TweetyBird23 -

My husband and I are planning on making a trip out there sooner or later. We'll fly in and out of Hobby, and stay at the Sugar Land Marriott, which is about a 3 minute walk away from WF. No suggestions for kid-friendly activities, but I think that would be your best bet for a hotel. I know it has a very pretty pool / hot tub, tho not huge, which your kids might enjoy.

Oooh, oooh, I want to tag along!! Lol. I’m only a 3 or so hour drive away. Just a thought....

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in if I happen to be in Austin at the time :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Marriott in Sugarland is where I stayed when I visited WF last spring. It is just across the street. The hotel was wonderful, had a pool and the town of Sugarland had lots of walkable restaurants and shops. We took Uber from the Hobby airport so unless you are planning to do some driving/sightseeing, I don't know that I would rent a car. The stay was for a WF get together and I loved my stay there!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Galleria area is nice. As is around Rice Village. Avoid downtown. It is dead after working hours.

For food, Goode Co. BBQ on Kirby is fun, as is Little Pappasitos next door. There’s also VietCajun crawfish in Chinatown at Crawfish and Noodles.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in if I happen to be in Austin at the time :lol:

Wouldn’t that be hilarious if we all played with @Mrs-b’s jewelry while she tries on even larger stones lol

(I’m sorta half joking... my autumn is full... but would be fun)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions! Sugar Land seems like a chill area and if the folks are half as friendly as the Whiteflash team, we will have a wonderful visit. :)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sugar Land is a nice area. The town square has movies and music sometimes and lots of kids are there. There are restaurants and some shopping too. It's a family place. The museum district is nice and has several awesome museums. Go to the Menil if you get a chance. It's fabulous! Rice Village is also a fun place, Rice University is a beautiful campus. For upscale shopping, River Oaks. I would definitely fly into Hobby and uber everywhere. Have a great time! WF is a fantastic place to visit.

When are you coming? It's hotter than Hades right now, lol.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sugar Land is a nice area. The town square has movies and music sometimes and lots of kids are there. There are restaurants and some shopping too. It's a family place. The museum district is nice and has several awesome museums. Go to the Menil if you get a chance. It's fabulous! Rice Village is also a fun place, Rice University is a beautiful campus. For upscale shopping, River Oaks. I would definitely fly into Hobby and uber everywhere. Have a great time! WF is a fantastic place to visit.

When are you coming? It's hotter than Hades right now, lol.

Thanks for the tips, @Gussie! No firm dates as of yet but I just checked the weekly weather forecast in Sugar Land. Yikes! I like to image that WF is a cool, air-conditioned paradise just dripping in super ideal jewelry. :geek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results