shape
carat
color
clarity

Berani Jewellery in Bayview Village in Toronto - AVOID!

Mishie

Rough_Rock
A few weeks ago I was in Bayview Village with my husband looking for a present for my mother's birthday. We happened upon a beautiful Swarovski bangle at BERANI JEWELLERY and wanted to buy it for my mother. I explicitly asked the saleswoman what her return/exchange policy was just in case my mother didn't like it. She told me that it was 14 days - since my mother's birthday wasn't for another 3 weeks, I told her I would have to come back but she told me very sincerely that they are very flexible with the policy and that I wouldn't have a problem returning it if she didn't like it. I didn't want to have to come back so I bought it. The salesperson took down all our information including address and phone number when we bought the piece.

Fast forward a few weeks, my mother ended up loving the bangle but unfortunately - her wrist was skinnier than I remembered- and it didn't fit. Slid right off! I told her I would return it and she could pick something else.

Now I realize the next part is my fault- and I'm usually very organized but I couldn't find the receipt. A minor inconvenience. I figure the store had all my info as they took it down and worse comes to worse, I could show them my VISA bill. When I phoned the store back, I received the most atrocious customer service I've ever had! I apologized about losing my receipt and the lady on the other line said they couldn't do anything for me without the original receipt. I calmly said that I'm sure they have my purchase in the system and she again insisted they wouldn't let me return it without the original receipt. I again stressed they had my information , why would they not look my purchase up? I also said I could produce my VISA bill. They wouldn't budge so I told her I thought her policies were very inflexible and unreasonable. I stressed the bangle doesn't fit and I simply wish to exchange it for something else- it wasn't even a full return!!

I was beyond angry- then she said that she would make an exception for me and look me up. But she rudely said I'd have to give her the exact date I purchased it (I wondered if she needed the time too...!). I told her nicely it was March 20 and then she tells me that it was past the 14 day exchange policy. I told her the saleswoman told me that it would be ok and I could return it. She proceeded to tell me there is no way she would say that and her employees are trained to tell customers 14 days is the store policy. I was beyond furious at this point. She put me in hold and spoke to the saleswoman that sold the original bangle to me. Guess what? Of course she denied it.

So basically I was lied to , to make a sale. I got very angry at this point and asked if my mother was really stuck with an expensive piece of jewellery that she could not wear. I said her staff were less than honest and her store policies were awful.

At this point- she dare get angry and impatient with me and said that she was at the store until 5:45 today and if I came by to see her with the piece and my VISA bill, she would do this exchange for me this once. She really made it sound like I was the awful person.

I told her I would do that and I couldn't come today since it was so last minute. I asked if I could come by next weekend - she said 'absolutely not' and she would only do it for today. I thanked her and hung up- but trust me, by that time- I was ready to say some other words to her.

How dare the original salesperson lie to me about their return policy?
That is what bugs me the most- stores are absolutely allowed to set their own return/exchange policy but to lie and then be so inflexible ?!? Uncalled for.

I couldn't come by the store today so I guess I'm stuck with the piece she can not wear

Avoid this awful store by any means- I'm told they are a newish addition to Bayview Village- they could use many lessons on treating their customers better.

We have choices when it comes to buying products- never again will I step foot into this store, and I will be very vocal about my complaints against this store. They better believe none of my friends or family will be buying from them any longer as well.

April 10 2011

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, bad experience. Were you asking for a return or an exchange?

Try going back in person calmly and explain to them about their reputation as a new business if they refuse to accommodate.

labellavita81

Shiny_Rock
Go in there - speak to the manager - dont leave until they make it right!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results