shape
carat
color
clarity

Belize!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I know we have had plenty of threads and chats about Belize, but seriously, our search function is a malfunction and I refuse to partake in it until PS finds a better, more efficient way for us to search.

SO. A whole thread on BELIZE!

We are taking our belated honeymoon in August after I take the bar exam and we're headed to Belize for 10 days. Any and all recommendations would be appreciated! What did you love/hate? Where would you return? Something to pass up, other things not to miss! I look forward to hearing from everyone (esp. you HudsonHawk -- I know Belize was your dream boat honeymoon!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never gone, but did research it several years ago as I wanted to go diving there (sadly, marriage and kids got in the way).

I don't remember much, except all the info I saw on sand fleas/flies. If you aren't aware of them already, you might want to prepare for these buggers. They would be in full swing by the time you go.

I hate bugs. I plan vacations around their infestations. Hence I'm going to Scotland when midge season dies down!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly we only stopped there during our cruise. I really enjoyed it though and would stay for a longer period.

-A

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1305125820|2918495 said:
Sadly we only stopped there during our cruise. I really enjoyed it though and would stay for a longer period.

-A

Same here. We went cave tubing and it was really fun.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Copy/pasting an old post of mine below (my husband proposed to me in Belize, so it has a special place in my heart :)

We split our stay between two places in Belize, both on Ambergris Caye.

The first place was Capricorn Resort http://www.capricornresort.net/ This is where we got engaged, but it is definitely not a "resort" in the typical sense. It is primarily a restaurant (one of the best and most romantic on the island) and in addition they have three free-standing cabanas on the beach that guests stay in, so more B&B style. Pros: Very romantic, secluded, great food right there, they delivered fresh fruit to our room on arrival. Cons: A bit "up" the island and further away from San Pedro (the main town on the island). Getting down to San Pedro requires you to take the water taxi (very easy, frequent and relatively cheap, but definitely messes up your hair =) its about a 15 min ride. Basically, the roads on the island are awful, so folks take boats EVERYWHERE. We stayed in the Bougain Villa room, I believe.

The second place we stayed was right in the area of town (maybe 5 min walk), Xanadu resort. It has more amenities (pool, etc.) and is a bit more "modern" in terms of the actual living spaces. http://www.xanaduresort-belize.com/ They are mostly condo-style, so we actually had a two bedroom with a whole kitchen/dining/living room area. This is also one of the top-rated resorts on TripAdvisor. There were a few cute kitties wandering around the resort as well =)

Overall, I think it was a good decision for us to split up our stay. The first place was incredibly romantic, but also a bit secluded from the rest of the island. Xanadu was closer to the "action" and also a very nice place to stay.

Not sure what your budget is, but if we had had unlimited budget, we would have stayed at Victoria House, probably one of the poshest on the island. We walked around the grounds one afternoon and it was beautiful.

Final note: Make sure you eat at Wild Mango''s - one of our absolute favorite spots!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1305138918|2918798 said:
Arcadian|1305125820|2918495 said:

-A

Same here. We went cave tubing and it was really fun.

We had thought about it, one in our party was a scardy cat. We did the zipline instead. My husband ended up losing his phone, but one of the guys found it for him (lucky him!)

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results