shape
carat
color
clarity

Beirut blast: 50+ dead, near 3000 injured

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad :(sad :(sad RIP to the lost, and comfort to the families.
This is the last thing this country needed.

Snip from below source: "According to Lebanon's health ministry, the death toll has risen to 73 with 3,700 wounded."

Last edited:

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
There are some really horrific videos on Twitter. The blast was heard over 150 miles away which is insane to think about.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such horrific tragedy.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, no. This is awful.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for starting this thread, Kenny.
You're right, it's really a horrible thing to have happened and Lebanon has already a lot to deal with.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

I hope the international community will help -many countries including Israel promised to help. It's their only hope.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some really horrific videos on Twitter. The blast was heard over 150 miles away which is insane to think about.

Yes, and I won't link to those.
I can't watch such graphic things.
I stop a video the instant it crosses that line for me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How devastating.:cry2:

healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope by the news tonight international help will be on the ground already

Some mornings i hate waking up to see what has happened while we have been sleeping

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it wasn't an act of terrorism. A fire ignited a bunch of fertilizer at the port. They didn't want to use water to put the fire out for fear that it would damage cargo. I can't even imagine how awful this must have been.

Last edited:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
And it wasn't an act of terrorism. A fire ignited a bunch of fertilizer at the port. So awful. They didn't want to use water to put the fire out for fear that it would damage cargo.

I was trying to figure out if this was terrorism or what, Thanks for the info.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
A great number of firefighters were lost in the blast, trying to put out the fire. My husband is a NYC firefighter, and this is always one of the greatest fears when responding to any sort of warehouse fire. You never know what may be stored inside. It appears to be a truly horrible, monstrous accident. So sad for the many lost and very many injured, and the city of Beirut. The Lebanese Red Cross is working at the blast site if anyone is moved to donate. https://www.supportlrc.app/donate/donate.html

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... It appears to be a truly horrible, monstrous accident. So sad for the many lost and very many injured, and the city of Beirut.
The Lebanese Red Cross is working at the blast site if anyone is moved to donate. https://www.supportlrc.app/donate/donate.html

Thank you for this.
I will donate generously.

FWIW and BTW, I was curious which org operates in Lebanon, the Red Crescent, or the Red Cross.
I want to be sure my donation goes to Lebanon.

Wiki says >>>

The Lebanese Red Cross (LRC) (Arabic: الصليب الأحمر اللبناني‎ al-Ṣalīb al-aḥmar al-lubnānī) is a humanitarian organization and an auxiliary team to the medical service of the Lebanese Army. Its headquarters is in the Lebanese capital city of Beirut. Founded in 1945, the organization comprises a number of approximately 7,000 members/volunteers and 200 staff personnel. The society works with the International Federationand the ICRC, and on a bilateral basis with the Norwegian and the French Red Cross. The LRC also works with the relevant components of the Lebanese authorities, with UN agencies and NGOs.[1]

On account of its Christian majority until an indeterminate point in the third quarter of the 20th century, Lebanon is the only Arab state to use the Red Cross as its symbol; the remainder use the Red Crescent.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I google Lebanese Red Cross it has this link for online donations:

I'm well aware of faux counterfeit donation sites so I'm not sure which to donate to.
I hate this! :nono:

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Watching this video was very hard. I know it's not the same but having lived in NY for 9/11 it was very hard to watch. My heart goes out to all who will suffer from this.

I had the same reaction.

Personal experience aside, it was an absolutely devastating thing to see in a country that doesn't need more devastation. My heart goes out to everyone affected and I'm following Kenny's lead in donating.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Warmed my heart❤ in depressing times.

I have many Jewish friends and family (many of them in Israel) and we have many Lebanese friends (only one in Beirut atm and he's fine, thank goodness) and this symbol is powerful and human and very moving. It's giving me hope

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching this video was very hard. I know it's not the same but having lived in NY for 9/11 it was very hard to watch. My heart goes out to all who will suffer from this.

Ditto. I couldn't help thinking of 9/11 when watching this and while it isn't the same thing suffering knows no bounds.
:(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results