shape
carat
color
clarity

Beginning the Registry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
How far in advance of the wedding did everyone begin their wedding registry. I was at the mall with my mom looking in different stores like Williams and Sonoma, Pottery Barn etc. I saw so much great stuff and am getting excited
emsmile.gif
I want to create it now but I''m not getting married until May 2008. I feel like this is too early. Am I wrong?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only thing is, some things might be unavailable by the time people are actually buying them. But if you''re picking classic things that they always carry, I say why not?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I don''t have experience registering but several friends have. One in particular had problems because she registered really early and by the time the word got out -- months later, and people began shopping for her, a few items had gone on clearance or were discontinued. That would be something I''d think about before registering too early.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, don't do it TOO early. I know that Crate & Barrel updates their stuff TWICE a year- spring & fall. I remember that one of the items we registered for in March- a set of nesting mixing bowls turned up in fallish colors once they arrived as a gift just prior to our late September wedding.
6.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
we're getting married August 4th of this year and registered in January.

It may be a wee bit early for you to start registering....def look/browse if you want, but a lot of products may be discontinued by your wedding date and you'd have to do the entire process over again.

ETA: The registry process is SOOO much fun, so I understand your excitment!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Definitely too early. You''re more than a year away, and most ''seasonal'' things (from places like Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn) will sell out or be pulled before then. What about getting together with your fiance, browsing the websites you love, and make an informal list of the things you want? That should help the registry fever a bit.
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would wait. If you *really* want to start one I would just do the basics like pots and pans. Items like bedding and sometimes even dishes are seasonal.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I set up our registries and put a few items on there about 10 months pre-wedding. We picked out basics like china, silverware and glasses... and then slowly added to that when we thought of things that we needed. I check it pretty often, so if something is discontinued, no big deal... I just take it off and add something new!

People bought us things off our registry as engagement presents, and also for Christmas presents... so it was good that we had it available. Then I just had my shower a couple weeks ago, so now I need to do some replenishing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results