shape
carat
color
clarity

Beginner, need help on this Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vietcu

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
1.gif
. I have been in the market for an engagement ring for 6mos now, and have been doing a lot of research on the net and also at diamond stores. So I can say I know more about diamonds than I need to, but it help to figure out what to get for my fiance. I have been contemplating whether to buy on the internet or store for a long time. Because at the store I can look at the diamonds, but on the net I can only go with the certificate that they provide. I have found this one diamond that I am interested in at bluenile, and was wondering if the experts in here could give me an idea if it is a good stone or not.

cut = Ideal
carat = .85
color = G
clarity = vs2
Depth 60.99
table 57
symm = excellent
Polish = Excellent
culet = none
fluores = faint
Measurements 6.11x6.10x3.72

Accompanied by Gia report. asking for $4,095.00

Is this a good diamond to get? From what I have been able to figure I can afford a diamond around .75 up to a .85, but the pricing are soo different its hard to know what is a good deal and what isnt. Please help this poor guy who is sooo confused now, I'm ready to just buy anything that is out there.

jlim

Shiny_Rock
Vietcu - you'll need to get more info from BlueNile before someone here can give you more advice. Call up BlueNile and ask them for the crown and pavillion angle. They will not have it but will get it for you from the NY office. The turnaround time was 1 day in my case.

Once you get these additional info. ask the question again.

If you search for only "Signature Ideal" from BlueNile, you'll get these 2 pieces of info and more from their AGL cert which usually comes with their "Signature Ideal" line.

Good luck!

Egon

Rough_Rock
How do? Yes, there is definitely a lot to absorb out there. You say you're concerned
about buying over the 'net because you can only see the GIA cert. Check out some
of the vendors who participate on this site who provide WAY more info on their
pages. Good Old Gold and Superb Cert are two that come to mind right away that list
photos, Sarin, Brilliance Scope etc to help you make a more informed decision.

Most folks probably won't be able to comment too much on the diamond you list because
of information that is not contained in GIA certs such as crown and pavillion that
can really affect the performance of the stone. You can probably get a better deal
elsewhere and also be able to make a more informed decision. Let the active vendors
here help you make your purchase and I think you will be amazed at what you can actually
afford.

Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a very healthy budget for a stone. Definitely get crown and pav angles from BN if they will give it to you. If not, pass on the stone and look for a vendor that DOES supply that info.

Definitely check out Blue Nile's Signature Ideal stones. They have AGS certs that DO have angles as noted earlier, and you can plug the angles into the HCA. But they don't have Bscope reports, or IdealScope images, or H&A images or anything which is kind of like extra mental security for those skittish about online shopping.

Here are a few stones I pulled really quickly from the Pscope 'cut quality' search (you can do it too, its on the homepage) that seem to fit your specs (though was not sure about your clarity reqs..some are SI1 but should be 100% eye clean) and are within your $$.

Check them out and check out the sites more thoroughly. They give you alot more information than most online vendors, always nice when making a decision such as this.

Good luck!

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=462027
.83c F VS2 ACA SuperIdeal H&A AGS0 Stone: $3974 (Pscope pricing) 1.4 HCA EX

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=465702
.85 G SI1 ACA SuperIdeal H&A AGS0 Stone: $3475 (Pscope pricing) 1.3 HCA EX

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies/gia12396149/index.htm
.94 H SI1 AGS0 $4000 1.2 HCA EX

Also check out www.goodoldgold.com as they have tons of stones under 1c and www.superbcert.com who has many stones under 1c as well. They both have lots of info on their sites as well.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Mega Ditto's Mara! I did a quick H&A check and there are several H&A's in your color, clarity, and price range available also. You can get a truly GREAT CUT diamond right here on PS for the same $$$$.
2.gif

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
thoi anh dung co mua !
loopy.gif

Vietcu

Rough_Rock
Ok I am back with this diamond I found at another site Whiteflash. Tell me what you guys think about this diamond and the price also.

C= .841 6.07x6.09x3.74
ags-3936405
H, VS2
Tbl = 57
deph 61.5
crown 33.9 or 14.5%
pavilion angle 40.9
polish and sym is Ideal
culet = pointed
asking for $3616

rated excellent on HCA

Blessed

Rough_Rock
Hi! Your name caught my eye. My maiden name was Viets. Anyway, about your diamond. You have not given enough information to determine if that diamond is worth buying. Ask for a sarin report. It will give you proportion numbers for each stat (table, crown, pavillion, etc.) as well as an over-all cut proportion, 0 being the best. If it scores a 0 or 1 or even 2,(I've even seen a 3 with a Holloway Cut Analysis score of 1.7 that was gorgeous!) then take your stats to Pricescopes Cut Analysis and plug in your numbers, using crown and pavillion angles. If that diamond scores less than 2, it should be full of life and beautiful. You can't tell how beautiful a diamond will be just by table and depth. It is the combination of factors, especially pavillion and crown angles that define the beauty of the diamond! Blessings!

Blessed

Rough_Rock
Hi. This is in response to your 2nd stone. I think Pricescope has this diamond listed at $3400 from Whiteflash. Go to "compare" and see. Go to price stats and check out a low-average price range for this stone. You may find the price of $3400 high. AGS stones sometimes are a bit higher, but you get more info on their cert. Happy hunting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that 2nd stone an A Cut Above stone? Those are spoken of pretty highly on the forum as they are cut to represent maximum light return, and called superideal.

Does the stone you posted have Sarin results? An Idealscope image? A Hearts and Arrows image? What other info is there to make an educated decision? HCA results are excellent, that's great!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results