shape
carat
color
clarity

Been to a Wedding at a Botanic Garden?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am still (im)patiently poised as a LIW, HOWEVER, FF and I know that we plan to marry next summer, and since we have some big traveling plans for the summer we decided to start looking around for a venue.

So here''s my question: Has anyone ever been to a wedding at a botanic garden? Even better--has anyone been to a wedding at the Chicago Botanic Garden? We spend many evening wandering around the Chicago Botanic Garden (it''s one of my favorite places in the world,) it''s right across the street from my synagogue, and we basically just really love it. SO, we thought it might be a nice place for our wedding.

However, here are their prices:
Saturday evening rental fee: $7,000
Rental fee with tent: $13,500
Plates BEGIN at $150 per person

Is this outrageous? We''ve only looked at a few places, but these fees seem extremely high. I know a city wedding will probably be around $150 a plate, but this is where the prices START! (And the Chicago Botanic Garden isn''t even in the city, it''s in the northern burbs!)

And, if you''ve been to a wedding at a BG, was it worth these extra costs?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
They have the Orchid Society here in FL and many girls have had their weddings there and they look awesome!. There is also the Orikami Japanese Gardens and that setting is also beautiful...so I''m sure this is beautiful as well!!!

Now for the pricing, well, it depends. It would definitely bee WAY too much for me. My entire wedding is about the rental fee with tent for this place...hehe. But if you can afford it and this is what you like, then I say go for it...I''m sure it will be an amazing setting!!!.

If you feel it is too much then I would suggest to keep looking. I''m sure there are other similar places that will be a bit more affordable.

M~

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your response, Mandarine. I just saw your dress again in the Show Us Your Dress forum and I was FLOORED AGAIN, even though I saw it in your original post when you were trying to decide! It is so beautiful!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
hehe, thank you Haven!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m nervous though, I still love it in pictures! I hope it fits and I still love it in peron...lol!

Thanks for the comment
9.gif

M~

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i''m going to be a BM at a wedding in the botanical gardens in st. louis. not 100% positive of the price, but it is definitly not as high as you are quoting. the place looks gorgeous too.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i love the idea of a garden wedding! and it''s even more special that this is a place you two frequent... better than just some site you stumble upon. however, you should shop around prices for comparisson. that sounds quite high to me... but i am in tampa - chicago is a whole ''nother ballpark.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I am not sure regarding pricing, but I know that is pricey, however, I have heard that people do not regret spending the money to get married at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.

Have you considered the Morton Arboretum? I have never been to a wedding there, however, it is so beautiful! Check out their website, as they have a variety of options depending on the size of your wedding:
http://www.mortonarb.org/main.taf?p=1,5,5,1http://www.mortonarb.org/main.taf?p=1,5http://www.mortonarb.org/main.taf?p=1,5

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I think those prices are VERY high!! Are those prices comparable to other botanical gardens in your area? I would check around to other gardens to see if there''s any other that can offer a nice, romantic setting for a more reasonable cost.

I would imagine that a botanical garden wedding would be lovely, though.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked out the Botanical Garden in Springfield IL last weekend. They don''t do general wedding coordination though, and I think the size limits it to a ceremony. The Roman Cultural Garden was especially beautiful. If you''d like, I can post some photos up here later this afternoon. They quoted me $200 for the area, 2 1/2 hours, and $300 for both garden area and indoor AC room (or rain room).

I''m thinking of doing my ceremony herre and having an upscale reception somewhere close. The Crown Plaza is the NICEST place in town and has a $6000 minimum.

jasper

Shiny_Rock
Haven,

Have you considered "just" having the formal photo shoot at the botanical garden? My sister had her wedding photos taken in Salem''s public gardens. Marie and I had our wedding photos taken in the botanical gardens at Seattle''s Ballard Locks. Both were lovely, and provided the lighting that the photographers wanted.

-- Jasper

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We had our wedding at the Botanical Gardens in Buffalo. It was not even CLOSE to as expensive as yours in Chicago, and we were able to bring in any caterer that we wanted. But of course, it''s Buffalo and not Chicago. However, it was sooooo nice. Everyone loved the location and had no idea that Buffalo was hiding this little gem.

hmmm I haven''t posted any pics yet b/c I have been super busy studying, but... here''s a quick shot of our reception. We loved our lcoation!
30.gif

IMG_115252.jpg

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow icekid, your picutre looks amazing, and so does your avatar. that ring is so blingy. Has it been posted on smtr?
p.s. sorry to hijack the thread. I don''t know about reception prices but it does sound like alot. I hope you find a place you love,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results