shape
carat
color
clarity

Bee*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi bee, I hope you could give me some opinions. SO and I went to tiffany''s about a week ago and they said they offer SI1 now. I was surprise because the last time we went in there which was last nov late oct they only go below VS2 but she said they had to adjust with the economy so that was quite exciting because I could possibly get a bigger stone if I choose the SI1 for my clarity. What do you think? Do you think it could still be eye clean? We actually havent seen one in person yet so not so sure. What do you think? Thanks bee.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would post this in Rocky Talk. Every diamond is different... you really have to see it in person before making a decision. IMO.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone else posted about that here and I thought that they said that they''re now doing SI but not in e-rings. I think that it''s great and that you''ll definitely get more bang for you buck! They were really good about ordering lots of different rings in for me, so maybe get them to order a couple of VS and SI in for you and that way you can compare them. Also let them take them over to the window for you as they all look amazing under their lights. Mine is a VVS2 so I obviously didn''t get to compare mine to an SI but if it''s eyeclean then that''s great. There are definitely lots of SI eyeclean stones out there-many PS''ers have them. Personally I do like the comfort of a VS but each to their own. The prospect of a bigger diamond is certainly nice to have!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Yeah I was quite surprise to when the SA told me and she gave me some price quotes. I have it at home maybe I could post it and we can compare she gave me quotes also for VS2. But you are right I need to order it in and have them go with me to the window to really get the look of it. Bee I''ll be moving the thread to hangout instead if you dont mind. Thanks again.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
No that''s cool!! You''re probably better moving it to Rocky Talk so lots of people can comment. You''re definitely best waiting to see them in person and judging are they eyeclean yourself. Can''t wait to see what you get!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I was told that they are only offering SI1's in the Tiffany Setting (out of the engagement rings.) Which I personally find a little disappointing that they had to lower their standards. I myself wonder about SI1 stones vs. VS2's. But because they have slight inclusions, they may be visible to the eye
6.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 2:11:53 PM
Author: xoxo
Yeah I was quite surprise to when the SA told me and she gave me some price quotes. I have it at home maybe I could post it and we can compare she gave me quotes also for VS2.
I''d be very interested in the price differences xoxo. Please post!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 5:36:50 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I was told that they are only offering SI1's in the Tiffany Setting (out of the engagement rings.) Which I personally find a little disappointing that they had to lower their standards. I myself wonder about SI1 stones vs. VS2's. But because they have slight inclusions, they may be visible to the eye
6.gif

I agree.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 7:10:07 PM
Author: bee*
Date: 2/13/2009 5:36:50 PM

Author: Dreamgirl

I was told that they are only offering SI1''s in the Tiffany Setting (out of the engagement rings.) Which I personally find a little disappointing that they had to lower their standards. I myself wonder about SI1 stones vs. VS2''s. But because they have slight inclusions, they may be visible to the eye
6.gif

I agree.

Hi Dreamgirl, yup that''s why I was quite curious with what you gals think. Also bee that''s why I kept on bringing up the issue about that chart because when the lady showed me the SI''s drawning last year it looked like it had a lot of dots all over the drawing of the diamond. hmmm so my question would be how would they play this out. The only way is to really look at it. and maybe see what the difference would be. I''m sure there are a lot of eyeclean SI''s. Hmmmm cant wait to SEE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results