shape
carat
color
clarity

bedroom flooring marmoleum click or cork

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going to redo the floors of our bathroom and bedroom, and want to do it in an eco friendly way.
I think we have settled on strand woven bamboo for the bathroom. We wanted wood for the bathroom, and the representative said wood-wise this was the toughest stuff and we like how it looks.

As for our bedroom, we have narrowed it down to cork or marmoleum. I love both, but cork will be less expensive so I am leaning towards that. My question: does anyone go yuck over cork in the bedroom? We are going to try to keep both the bathroom and bedroom pretty spare, like of modified asian/swedish looking, with a throw rug in the bedroom.
Even if we didn''t use cork we would still use Marmoleum "click", which is still an offbeat choice but has more color variety.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To give you an idea, this is the cork flooring we want to use. It looks like squares and rectangles of lighter fine grained cork, so bit more subtle than your teacher''s corkboard.

Pedrascork.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think I would pick cork. Softer to walk on and more sound absorption.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard of cork flooring, but haven''t seen it much. Is it durable? If it''ll help up to furniture etc. then way not? It looks neat to me
1.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s supposed to be pretty durable, in that it has some kind of finish on it. I think if we do it we''ll be careful and put coasters under the furniture just in case.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
cork panels or cork tiles?

the three i considered were the two you are considering and tile. we went with tile and i''m glad we did.

however, the cork is rich looking and we went with it in our bedroom first.....and it had to be ripped up. installers started laying it a second time and i stopped them as the same problem was happening. the floor looked wavy/rolly like corrugated metal looks! supposedly a problem with the manufacturer [i spoke with them] but i also think the installers were inexperienced. this was 5.5 years ago.

i appreciate the tile because it is less work than either of the other two. anything that is wet will leave a spot unless you get it up instantly.....and scratches will show. having said that, i still love the look of both of them.

mz

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
In a house I used to live in growing up we had cork floor in our den and it was very easy to take care of. I really do love the look. Something different. We also have a family friend that put cork in her entire condo.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks moviezombie, that''s good to know. I wonder how common that is to happen. We want to get the cork that is in tiles, that we install ourselves. Ironically the bedroom out of the rooms in the house probably gets some of the least wear.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it was the master bedroom i was trying to have done...it would have been lovely if it didn''t look like a washboard! you''ll be fine with it in the bedroom sans cats who barf up hairballs when you''re not home and dogs with big claws. it really has a rich look to it.

mz

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a cat, but she''s an outdoor cat. We would love to have her be an indoor/outdoor cat but she is still spooked by the dog we got (he barks). We are doing a number of things to make them more comfortable with each other, mostly having them hang out at the front porch while we monitor. We are hoping she will come inside this winter. Even if she does, she''s never been a destructive cat. (I guess there are more fun things to scratch outside).
The dog we have, Chuck, strangely enough almost never comes into our bedroom, usually just sticks his head in when he wants our attention.

I think we will probably do the cork, just because of the cost difference. I keep thinking of things that will be involved with redoing the floors of the bedroom/bathroom so it will start adding up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results