shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful OEC pendent set in millegrained white gold

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, I'm really excited :) Erica has just been in touch to say that my OEC has been set into an elegant pendant and here it is:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Pendants-and-Necklaces/133ct-Old-European-Cut-Pendant/23881144_GdgrNN#!i=1936707939&k=FvDC3r3

This has an EGL report, and in real life the stone is bright, lively, and face on not tinted. The reason I think it is hard to photograph is because it has clarity issues which show up when the photos are so magnified. At the real life size of 7mm, from the top down, I personally didn't notice inclusions (without any magnification, just with the naked eye), from the back, yes. We've decided to set it as a pendant because if someone is looking at your chest with a magnifying glass, chances are they're not scoping the pendant :naughty:

Anyhoo, if you are interested, Erica and Grace have a good returns policy so nothing's lost if you check it out to see, and they are very easy to work with.

I'd love to see it go to a good home. I'm just not that into rounds on me personally, or I would have kept it. Indeed, I did wear it as a pendant for a few years and got a fair few compliments on it because as a pendant solitaire, at 1.33 and 8.20mm with bezel, it is a good size. Take it home, check it over, wear it a while and see if the stone doesn't say 'keep me and love me'. The mug shots don't do it justice.

have lovely day one and all
Abi

img0779-m.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I wish I could buy it- I think it is gorgeous!! I wish EricaGrace would take a trade in as part of a payment LOL. sigh...

I wish you the best of luck in selling this! And I hope a PSer buys it and shares lots of pics! :appl:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
dear Missey, thanks love. It is a really nice piece, but as Erica said to me, just the hardest stone to photograph. I'm hoping someone will check it out in person because it does speak in real life, just not too well via pics - hey ho
I hope all is well with you Missey :wavey: thinking of you and yours.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hey LG, I wondered what happened to your stone! It's a great size and looks awesome in the pendant. Is there a price somewhere on the site? I could just have missed it since I'm on my phone. :)

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Hi HOT, I've just been chatting with Erica about that, it's only just come back from the jeweller so it's not posted yet. Erica tells me that $5,500 is $500 below retail and so we're offering at that. Here' s pic from the site.

And here are a couple of shots in the earlier bezel I had it in. I took it out for the report and the bezel it is in now is millegrained.
Also with two rings I no longer have, an asscher and a princess, in diffused light and in more direct light.

Drop them a line at [email protected] if you'd like to know more. Thanks for your interest,
Abi

img_6728.jpg

assh__prin_and_round__size.jpg

better_all_on_hand_sideways.jpg

img0697-m.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It might help if you specify what the inclusions are like - as an EGL SI3, it would be good to know. Black, or clear?

Also, I get that JBEG is trying to sell this for you, but at near retail, it may help to get a clear shot of the faceting/inclusions (unless they think it will scare customers away). There are hardly any head on shots that aren't clear on the site. I've seen what they can take, and it seems they have the ability to do so.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Travelling Gal, actually the stone pre set is linked next to the images of it as a pendant and there you can find quite a lot of head on shots. I think they really have tried to take as many pics as possible and I'm sure that Grace or Erica would always be happy to take more for anyone interested.

Photos of the loose stone here: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/133ct-Loose-Old-European-Cut/13358061_8cJ7T#!i=971242976&k=DjszN

The EGL report is there to see, of course as ever not as stringent as a GIA. They report it as G and SI3. Ed. just to add: a GIA trained gemologist in Antwerp graded it as SI1 but as an H, when I had it appraised for insurance purposes.

As mentioned for me personally, with eyes unassisted I didn't see inclusions face up, but certainly from the back you can with the naked eye. They are little carbon spots that I could see when the stone was upside down. Now that is not to say others will not. Which is why returns policies exist :)

In the magnified photos you certainly can see inclusions, but these photos are huge. Of course people should know they are there, but they should also bear in mind that the images are blown up quite a bit. But if in doubt, best check it out in person, their returns policy is great and both Erica and Grace are easy to work with, as many of us know :)

Also, as many of us know again, they have good quality control so the stone is worth seeing for oneself. I really don't think they'd be selling anything they weren't happy to photograph.

Thanks,
Abi

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah the loose stone images are lot better to see the stone! :appl:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Yup, that's why they're linked.
And that is why she said it was tough to photograph. Because it really does look much nicer in real life. I've had five stones, at different times (!), and enjoyed photo shoots with them all, but that OEC was really hard to capture - and I'm not talking magnification and inclusions now. As Erica says, and she's shot a few in her time, it really doesn't behave in front of the camera.

But it does speak for itself when you are actually holding it. Oh well, we'll see. I'm not in any rush. It'll make someone a lovely pendant and I just hope they get a lot of pleasure out of wearing it. It certainly has presence :)

ed for typo - long day writing about education policies in the EU - sigh - I'm past being able to spell!

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Where are the prices listed on Erica Grace's web site? I can never find them!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I find that a bit annoying as well. You have to go back to the main page and you will find it listed under necklaces and pendants on page 1.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NewShiny|1342448294|3234790 said:
Where are the prices listed on Erica Grace's web site? I can never find them!

FYI, the Smugmug site is just our photo hosting site where we can host pics and video. But it's not our main website. Our website is jewelsbyericagrace.com and that's where you can easily find pricing info. From there, each listing has a link to the additional pics/video found on Smugmug.

We're in the process of building a new site, but it's not ready yet :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results