shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful first dance song, but...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
So, my almost-fiance generally only listens to rock music, and since I really don't want a rock ballad first dance I've been troubled when thinking about my options. Trying to find something he would like (and not just tolerate) seemed impossible.

Well, teasing him about his music tastes the other night I asked if he could think of even one song he likes that would be suitable for a first dance. I didn't expect him to come up with anything, but less than 30 seconds later he had an answer: "I have one, but you won't like it. It's from Bond."
Me: "Greaaaaaaaaaaat. What is it?"
Him: "We Have All The Time in the World - Louis Armstrong sings it"
(You can listen to it here)

Turns out, I LOVE the song, and it bridges the seemingly impossible - HE picked it, I love it, AND it's danceable.

The catch: Because he's a bond nut I now know where the song comes from. Its title and inspiration are what Bond says right after his WIFE is MURDERED. The song was written specifically based on that line from the book. Soooooo, I can't get the depressing dead wife issue out of my head. Am I being silly? Is anybody likely to know where the song comes from and the backstory, or will they just think "awww, I love Louis"??

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I loved the song too!...

That's a toughy, I guess I wouldn't care what other people thought, it really is how you two feel when you hear it. Do you just have that Bond image in your head?...if so, then I would look for anotehr song. If you hear it and you just love the song, then I say go for it!

We haven't decided on a song, but I love Louis Armstrong!!!!

M~

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
well, it''s either that or you risk him choosing something from Kansas or Journey! So I''d go with the Armstrong and forget about the movie association! Just enjoy it for the great song it is.
28.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2007 5:01:30 PM
Author: surfgirl
well, it''s either that or you risk him choosing something from Kansas or Journey! So I''d go with the Armstrong and forget about the movie association! Just enjoy it for the great song it is.
28.gif

Hahaha! I agree w/ surfgirl-grab this song before you''re dancing to "Don''t Stop Believin''"!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the song! I hadn''t heard it before. I wouldn''t have known where it came from, and if I did find out, it wouldn''t have bothered me. If you like it (and can get the images out of your mind) use it at your wedding. If your FI picked it out and you love it, why not have it as your first dance song? Go for it!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the support, guys. I told my mom about it and once she heard the dead wife thing she was really pessimistic about the song, even after really liking it when she first heard it.
14.gif
Luckily I have plenty of time to 1) get over it, and 2) hunt for alternatives just in case. No wedding date in the works yet, since the ring is (I think/hope) in the works or about to be. I think BF is hung up on finding the "perfect" ring and is afraid to make the plunge. In my mom''s words, he needs to "chill out and just go for it"
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results