shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Serendipity

Rough_Rock
My original plan was to find a diamond meeting my size (1-1.03), color (D-E) and clarity (VS2), selecting the one with the best Brilliance Scope and HCA results. I wanted fluorescence, but figured it would be hard to find in my parameters.
What I have found is:

1.02 H&A
F
VS2 (eye clean from all sides)
6.5 – 6.53 x 3.98
Depth: 61.1%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, faceted
Culet: None
Excellent Polish and Symmetry
Med Blue Fluorescence
$7,504

Table Size: 56%
Total Depth: 61.3%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Crown Height: 15.2% .99mm
Pavil Angle: 41.0%
Pavil Depth: 43%
Culet: .6%
Star/Upper ratio: 57:43

I went down a step in color, from E to F. It scores very high in all three categories of the Brilliance Scope (mid very high in white light, very high + in color light, and riding the line between high and very high for scintillation). The HCA score is 1.8...

While this diamond scores incredibly well, I am torn between purchasing it and holding out for something that scores even better
1.gif
(how fickle I am!) Am I being far too picky? Is this a beautiful diamond and at this point I am just splitting hairs? I do like the fluorescence factor... but am I settling too much for flourescence? Or is this buyers anxiety and I have a great diamond selected?

Opinions would be very much appreciated!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That's definitely a great stone! Do you happen to have pics?

dimsummy

Rough_Rock
This is like retaking a test in school.

How can you be sure that the next one will be better?
3.gif

A "better" diamond is like a bus, eventually it'll come along - but how long will/can you wait?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results