shape
carat
color
clarity

Beautiful Bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
after days of horrible rain, it was finally sunny today...and my confused bulbs are starting to bloom...here are a few shots..i love how lush everything looks in the spring with the soft green of the foliaige vs in the late summer when it's all dry and harsh looking. edited to add: behind the daffodils are my asiatic lilies which have not bloomed yet which share a pot with an English rose, and flanked by two miniature roses which i have had for years.

garden spring 05 2.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
in this shot it shows my new mini birdbath, the SF Garden Show was last weekend, we go every year and I had some fun finds this year...this birdbath caught my eye right away since the wrought iron base is similar to some of my plant stands, but it was a pretty penny for a 2nd birdbath on the patio! went back 1/2 hour before show closed and asked if they were doing specials, he said 1/2 off! I'll take it! To the right you can see another garden show acquisition, the small stone dog..so cute! And there is Portia of course having to be involved somehow.
9.gif

garden spring 05 3.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the last one for now, a picture of the 'bulb box' Greg made me which resides on the side of our patio against our house and grill (away from the main street area)...it has about 100-120 bulbs, all in various stages of blooming, for cutting. So far only the daffs have bloomed, but there is one poor stunted tulip, too much rain? My other pot of tulips is looking very good, about to bloom in a few days!! Hopefully no more rain for a while.

garden spring 05 5.JPG

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I''m so jealous...you have beautiful flowers. It is snowing here today in Indiana!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results