shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach Proposal Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mprivit

Rough_Rock
I have been reading these boards and I''m still trying to figure out what to do. I have had the ring for about a week and I can''t hold on any longer. I want to do something romantic at the beach more towards the summer, but I''m going to cave soon. So far my plan is rough. I was thinking of sending her 11 roses the afternoon before. Make her wonder why there is only eleven and after work drive to the beach and give her the last rose with the ring, then go to dinner. I know she wants something romantic at the beach but the weather is still kind of chilly. Please any ideas are probably better then mine. Its driving me crazy having the ring and not knowing what to do.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

I like the flower idea but do you think she will notice there are only 11 buds and not a 12th? What if you dropped a note and box off with the flowers to be delivered. The box could contain a note with directions to the beach that says something like “follow the route to find your missing flower. You may find you will need these supplies along the way” and tuck a scarf and hat in the box. You can have a friend drop you off a little before and meet her on the beach where you can have a nice blanket laid out, complete with another blanket to put around the two of you and possibly a thermos of warm coffee or cocoa. Then you can present her with the final rose and the ring. You could even get her a special mug made that says “The Future Mrs._______” and one for yourself that says, “She said, “Yes!” to commemorate the entire proposal and drink the warm cocoa or coffee together before heading to the restaurant for dinner.

Also, I know in some places you can actually have a bonfire on the beach. Usually you have to hire a company or person who has the permits or at least check in with the fire chief. You may be able to find a catering company who can do this and you can have dinner right on the beach next to a warm fire.

GOOD LUCK!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love beach bonfires! I think that would be great! The idea about the hot chocolate is cute too, and I love love love the idea of sending a note in advance to get her wondering and excited!
36.gif

jillyb

Rough_Rock
Hi! This is my first post....

I have two girlfriends whose fiances recently proposed to them on the beach, and both ideas were great:

Friend #1: Her boyfriend asked her to go for a walk on the beach, which was nothing unusual for them.... After walking for a bit, my friend saw a message in the sand: "Andrea, will you marry me?" When she looked at her boyfriend, he had the ring in his hand. She was so surprised and thrilled. After calming down, she wrote, "Yes" in the sand, and they took lots of pictures of the special message.

Friend #2: She and her boyfriend were walking on the beach, and after walking, he yelped in pain and stopped. "Ouch! I stepped on something!" He bent down and said, "I think it''s a shark''s tooth," and of course, my friend said, "Let me see!" She bent over and saw that it wasn''t a shark''s tooth in his hand; it was a gorgeous diamond ring! She was totally shocked.

I suppose that in scenario #2, you couldn''t yelp too loud, or she will bend over right away to check your injury (we gals are such sweeties), and you wouldn''t have time to get the ring out of your pocket and into your hand. Of course, you could have the ring in your hand before you do the yelping....

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results