shape
carat
color
clarity

Beach or a Helicopter?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hokie

Rough_Rock
Which one do you think would be better? Proposal at the beach on in the back of a helicopter? The reason the helicpter is in the mix is because my job involves a helicopter, so do you think the helicopter should be off limits because of my job?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
it just depends on how she feels about helicopters. I personally would be terrified. Plus they are a bit on the loud side aren''t they? (maybe it is only certain helicopters that are loud)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how many people get proposed to in a helicoptor?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
where the helicopter flying? Maui? ha ha !

Honestly though, I think the helicopter would be cool, but why not incorporate both?

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 9:06:53 PM
Author: Ann

Honestly though, I think the helicopter would be cool, but why not incorporate both?
Yes, that''s the ticket!! Fly the helicopter to a beach for a romantic picnic and propose there!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
double post

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 10:20:38 PM
Author: hlmr

Date: 7/17/2006 9:06:53 PM
Author: Ann

Yes, that''s the ticket!! Fly the helicopter to a beach for a romantic picnic and propose there!
I agree, it could be fun to incorporate a helicopter ride into the day, but I would not propose on the helicopter (unless she really loves them). I think it would be too noisy.

biokatie

Rough_Rock
Write your proposal in the sand and fly her over it so she can see it!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 11:57:55 PM
Author: biokatie
Write your proposal in the sand and fly her over it so she can see it!
awe cute!

hokie

Rough_Rock
The helicopter at the beach is not an option. The helicopter is a medical helicopter and can't go to far away from it's service area for obvious reasons.

She has never flown in a helicopter but wants to do so, her being scared would not be a problem.

As far as the noise, not a problem either, we wear helmets and you can communicate with eachother with out any problems at all.

One option with the helicopter is to fly to this mountain called "Lover's Leap" and propose to her above there.

The idea with writing the message in the sand was a great one, but knowing my luck someone would erase or change the message by the time we got there.....LOL!

Also sorry about the delay on the responses, but I can only reply using my laptop or when I am at work because I don't want her stumbling upon this site...LOL!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Hokie~
I thought of you when I saw one of those afternoon news shows...one guy spelled out his proposal in a corn field and flew his girlfriend in a helicopter so she''d see it. Anyway, if Lover''s Leap is special for you then go for it! Good luck!

hokie

Rough_Rock
It has no special meaning to us, in fact she has not even been there. We have been to the beach together before though.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I say go for the beach as it will be a nice place for the two of you to go on anniversaries. The helicopter idea is cute, but not the most romantic IMHO.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Even though you can communicate through headsets in helmets is that really romantic? I personally wouldn''t want to be wearing a helmet during my proposal but you know your gf best. I think the beach sounds like a better idea. Do you guys have any special memories from the beach that you could re-create?

ps- my fiance and I are Hokies too... Go VT!

hokie

Rough_Rock
Indecisive, are you from Va? I have another place in mind.........Mountain Lake

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, Hokie, we just got back from Mountain Lake YESTERDAY!!!! It is one of my favorite places in the world. And it would be a super place to propose because you could go back there in the future to bring back the memories! We've actually gone there every summer for the past 10 years!
36.gif

ETA: for you girls, the movie Dirty Dancing was filmed at Lake Lure, NC and Mountain Lake, VA. The scenes of the big stone hotel and the stone dining room are from Mountain Lake. Some other scenes are from there, too, but I haven't seen the movie in awhile. Yes, Patrick Swayze spent a few weeks filiming there and walked those same hallways where we stay! Okay, so I'm aging myself..still it's a great girl movie, I think!

hokie

Rough_Rock
Mountain Lake is only about 25 miles from my house.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it is a very special place. It would even be a great place to take your kids in the future, if you have any. Our kids have loved it and we do, too. I think a wedding would be beautiful there as well (we''ve seen some rehearsals). Has she ever been there? It is far more romantic than a helicopter...trust me.
2.gif
And the food is about my favorite of anywhere I''ve ever been.

If you want to propose on a Saturday, just be aware that there are often weddings in the gazebo during the summer, so keep that in mind in your planning. The weddings don''t last too long and then they usually go to the ballroom for the reception. The lake is low this year, by the way.

I''ll be excited to hear what you decide!

hokie

Rough_Rock
I think she has been there once or twice.

WOW, the lake is low, with all of the rain we have been getting lately I thought it would be high.

Also on the Wilderness section of the website under "What's New", scroll down to the bottom and it has a picture of a pirate stating that look who was here filming in 05, did they film some of the Pirates of the Caribbean there recently? There wasn't any mention about it in the local news that I know of.

http://www.wcaml.org/

Here is the main website for those interested.

http://www.mtnlakehotel.com/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the winter was so mild with little snow that the lake went down then. But hopefully it''ll come back up soon. It'' been up and down before over the years.

No, I didn''t hear anything about any filming there last summer. Hmmm...not sure how we could''ve missed that!

hokie

Rough_Rock
Yeah, as I''m sure you are aware of, they were really concerned a few years ago when they thought it was going dry for good.

Do you live in Va.?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/23/2006 4:48:06 PM
Author: hokie
Yeah, as I''m sure you are aware of, they were really concerned a few years ago when they thought it was going dry for good.

Do you live in Va.?
Yes, we were excited to see the lake back up last summer. However, the kids were very happy that they added the pool a few years back!

We live in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results