shape
carat
color
clarity

Be on the lookout for fraudulent pre-loved listings.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I happened to see this new post over on DB today.
http://diamondbistro.com/category/2...IA-Certified-Halo-Diamond-Ring-113-Carat.html

Now, I knew those pics looked familiar so I did a little digging. I found the exact same ring from a different seller (same pics / same GIA report#) here for more money (in a now closed listing).
http://diamondbistro.com/category/2...ngs/54715/Reduced-68mm-Diamond-Halo-Ring.html

Sure, they could have sold it but I've also had it on my watch list on ebay and it's still for sale. https://www.ebay.com/itm/323071318898?ViewItem=&item=323071318898

Just wanted to warn anyone shopping on LT or DB. The username of the suspicious account is jstandsforjo.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have already reported that listing to DB.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good catch. He doesn't even list the ring size. Also, he'll ship first :lol:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i’ve been seeing this particular user uploading incredibly large cheap “diamond” rings and in all the listings, he discourages asking questions. and he also discourages paypal which offers significant buyer protections. i posted about this but thanks for doing even more research!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many alarm bells! :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 thank you for posting and sharing this with us.

Golden_bird

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The real seller is Tacoribride ,and she still has that ring on eBay ! I guess some weird person stole her pictures for fraud ! Always ask for additional pictures in specific location or to see more details to see if the person really have that ring !its a great way to check

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yikes! Good catch, and thank you for sharing. Like @Golden_bird I too ask for additional pictures, but I never thought of asking for them to be taken at a specific location. Great idea!

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this post. Thought it was funny he refused to answer questions :sick:

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I kept seeing his listings and was tempted to report him myself. I’m glad somebody did.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The listing was removed and hopefully the user was blocked. There were a lot of red flags there, in addition to the "too good to be true" pricing. It's too bad that some shady a** people will always try to take advantage of others. :angryfire:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @elle_71125 for being vigilant to keep DB and LT a safe place to buy and sell. :)

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Now a question to @elle_71125 - where is the button to report it to DB admins?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dizzie I saw that one too and I was sure it was fraud but I didn't have anything to back it up. You've got the eBay info so that's awesome!

If you go into the link for the DB listing, click on the arrow next to "other actions" (right above "contact seller"). There is a link to report the seller. Include the eBay listing info.

Great job on catching this one. I'm getting really tired of this jerk. :x2

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well done peoples. Let’s keep the fraudsters in their place, AWAY from us!
Again, NEVER pay via Western Union.
NEVER accept a bank draft/ check unless you wait for it to clear BEFORE you send or do anything.
ALWAYS be wary, if it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, and I missed all the fun, as DB is getting really good at efficiently deleting the fraudulent listings!

And this was getting to be such a fun sport - bashing the idiot rip-off artist!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if that's the lady fraudster that frequents DB and LT - she has been trying to scam people for years now....

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.diamondbistro.com/catego...80/395-VS2-CUT-D-White-Gold-Diamond-Ring.html Suspicious? Same pictures as other fake posts but now is claiming he'll take paypal friends and family or Western Union. Probably realized it was fishy to only accept WU but its still fishy he'll only take paypal friends and family -- that has no buyer protection!

I saw it too. I'm pretty sure it's the same person because it has the same style And the same state. Anyone recognize the pics? We can report this as fraudulent too.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reporting right now! i was just typing a response to you that i couldn't find anything with reverse image search, you're much better at this than i! thanks for finding this.

ETA: reported

Nah, it was just luck. ;)2
Thanks for reporting it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the western union seller is at it again with a Rolex on db. On my phone so can’t figure how to report. Persistent. :angryfire:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are right, the poster of that listing is diamonds4u which is the same person whose listing i reported earlier today. im going to look around on ebay to see if i can find where the pictures are stolen from.

the rolex listing in question: http://www.diamondbistro.com/category/206/Watches/listings/55786/Rolex-Oyster.html

That listing is ridiculous. They expect us to believe they are shipping a 3K item without payment and are counting on the buyer to pay after the item is shipped. Nobody does that-ever.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results