shape
carat
color
clarity

Be like Ellen

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's certainly speaking from a place of financial privilege...I love her too, but the amount of Trump supporters who are using this to push an agenda when they have called her a man, said she had a "d***", yada yada, before this is astronomical. She did not do her kind any service with that statement. Sorry.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im not an Ellen fan but the tv was on at lunch one day at work and i saw her interview George W and it was brilliant and very funny. George has a great sence of humour and also the humility to laugh at himself and after watching that my estimations of Ellen went up

so it didn't surprise me she sat with him in the owners box at a football game

i think everything she says is true.
I, as a conservative have plenty of liberal friends, so what makes Ellen and George any different ?

I think George must be so proud to have a friend like Ellen
everybody should have friends like Ellen

Twitter seems awfully toxic and
judgemental to me (im not just talking about Ellen)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was very refreshing to see what was once common...diverse people getting along and being kind to each other. Kudos to Ellen for her courage to speak what isn't currently popular, and I think George Bush has demonstrated that he has very much the same philosophy as she does. Being civil and having nice manners is a good thing. I do hope others catch on.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sometimes lefties get so passionate they forget that Trump doesn't represent all conservatives, many of whom are smarty, funny, decent, kind, respectful people who don't actually like Trump any more than we do. I'm a die hard tree hugging left winger politically, but I'm married to a conservative and my mother is also a right wing conservative.

Ellen is demonstrating that not only can we all get along but we can also have respectful healthy relationships with each other regardless of our political differences.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not n *******.png

Social media is tiresome with its never ending cacophony of condemnation for the endless reasons people feel offended. Who we choose as friends and why we choose them is personal, intimate, nuanced, always evolving, and no one else's business.

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agree with everyone. I’m British. Brexit has caused this divide, them and us, bad and good in the UK and it’s just so sad. So, to me, this really resonates over here as well. So many people are so black and white (I don’t mean this in terms of skin color but I can’t think of a better way of saying) over politics. We are all human with good and bad in us. Of course we all don’t agree all of the time because life just doesn’t work like that. It doesn’t mean that those on the opposing side are wicked and their views totally invalid. Most of my generation were remain but a lot of my family and other friends leave including needless to say some with huge amounts of compassion and empathy for others. Some of the things friends have said have shocked and saddened me. ‘People who want to leave shouldn’t be entitled to the vote as they are so stupid they should loose it’ :snooty:. That was from a highly educated and kind friend. That’s just scary talk and literally feels like we have regressed 100 years plus.

....So bravo Ellen!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lawd...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait !!!
i have an American conservative buddy who was holding out on me and just showed me this one
michelle-obama-george-bush-kiss-on-cheek-feature.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be like Ellen, but I like guys. :cry2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how we have missed you! So glad to see you hear again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results