shape
carat
color
clarity

BCBG Rehersal Dinner Dress!! OMG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOD ladies! i am sooooooooo excited! some of you may remember me posting how much i LOVE this dress. and wanted it so bad for my rehersal but couldn''t bring myself to pay $398 at nordstrom!

well, i have been looking everywhere every single day and I FINALLY found it in my size for under $200. Its not in white which i wanted but the yellow is just as good as i can rewear it to a wedding and I AM SOO EXCITED!
i know several of you said you loved it too so check out the link, they have some more, a size 4 and a 2 !

http://cgi.ebay.com/398-BCBG-CELESTIAL-YELLOW-TAFFETA-DRESS-NWT-4_W0QQitemZ310129794112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_WC_Dresses?hash=item310129794112&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

YAY

now i can wear it to my rehersal!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH what do you think???? and what shoes to go with it??? what color i mean!? YAY IM SO PSYCHED!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find! How wonderful you found the dress you were coveting! Can''t wait to see pics of you in it!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
I love that dress! So so cute and looks perfect for a rehearsal! How lucky you are a 4 and found your dress!!

As for shoes .... maybe a light colored (nude) peep toe? Or maybe a metallic strappy?

I'm not sure because you don't want to get anything busy to compete the absolute adorableness of this dress.

JCrew

zappos - nine west

maybe these will help?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Wow--I puffy heart that dress! You lucky girl. You are going to look so sweet and chic!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I can understand why you''re so excited! I have been lusting over a dress very similar to the one by BCBG as well. Actually, it might be the same dress! I never knew what the official name of it was.

I love it! So happy for you to find such a great deal.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
ooh congrats! You must tell me how it looks in person! I LOVE that dress!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! And I love it in the yellow!!! I think I''d do a gold shoe...

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Soooo cute!!!

Sorry Freke, but I''d do pink or purple shoes.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I swear you contradict me just to irritate me sometimes.

I would do gold, but I wouldn''t cross off any other colors except maybe black....

I still think a mechanic sandal would be fab.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:17:25 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I swear you contradict me just to irritate me sometimes.

WHO ME????? I would never.
27.gif
I just like pink and purple so I suggest them for everything!

p.s. I''d probably wear black shoes with it. I love yellow and black together, as long as they aren''t in stripes like a bumble bee.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES YOU. And you do suggest pink and purple for everything.

I was thinking about black shoes, but only with a bunch of black accessories.

Maybe a turquoise or a teal would look good?

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG i love you all! I am soooo excited. And I definitly want help with the shoes. I am SO happy i was able to get this dress and I want the outfit to be perfect.
Im thinking "less is more" as the dress in it of itself is to die for.
So i was thinking "maybe" a necklace but maybe not.
Strappy sandels, not too busy. So...............what color?
send me some ideas, i like the gold idea, OF COURSE Freke is always spot on. but im not closed to other ideas too.
I would have done turquoise or a teal necklace and shoes IF i had gotten it in white but with the yellow im thinking no.

I am a freckle girl and have short short hair, Im going tanning (i know i know) so i will be tan and more freckley for the rehersal - which is another reason im so excited for the yellow. : ) as I actually do get tan and more freckles that blend in and make the tan look even darker
31.gif

So, any shoes you find that you think would go and with or WITHOUT necklace would be great! photoshopped next to pic of the dress would be even cooler.
I would prefer under $75 or so for shoes.

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED! i honestly NEVER thought i would be able to get this dress, 398 for a dress is SOOO NOT ME! YAY!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I love this dress too! I think a couple ladies on here have either worn it, or tried to get their hands on it for their RD. I agree with Freke that a metallic gold shoe would look great! Can''t wait to see pics.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Oh.. I hadn''t seen that before, but I want it so bad now!!! Too bad I need like, a size 12! Now I''ll start looking!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks lovely - I think the yellow is beautiful too, definitely something you can get a lot of additional wear out of!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
that''s a great dress! congrats on your find.
36.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Adore it! I loved that dress too and was considering eloping in it. If I had a rehearsal dinner or a shower I would have bought it fo-sho!
30.gif

I think Violet02 wore it for her RD also!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it''s SUPER cute! Nice that they have several. I may think about it myself for my rehearsal since my wedding colors are yellow, green!! Thanks for the lead and I can''t wait to see pics of you in the dress!!

Bright

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
I am SO bad, I just bought the last one in Size 4! (but I''m not too bad, really, because it was a REALLY good price) and I can wear it for my rehearsal dinner and a wedding I am going to next month too. What luck to have read your thread this morning!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 1:03:58 PM
Author: brightstone
I am SO bad, I just bought the last one in Size 4! (but I''m not too bad, really, because it was a REALLY good price) and I can wear it for my rehearsal dinner and a wedding I am going to next month too. What luck to have read your thread this morning!
YAY! Im so excited for both of us now! can you believe the price! i have been looking for it for months!
yay for you!! AND ME! now, what to do for shoes???? Any thoughts??
also, when is your rehersal ? mine is in july!

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
It think gold would be great. I just bought these strappy gold sandals by Guess for my wedding dress, but they might be better for this dress!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so cute! I love that dress.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous dress, and you got it for a steal
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 8:08:51 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
OF COURSE Freke is always spot on.

Ahem. I beg you not to believe this. The girl''s ego is big enough as it is!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 6:04:26 AM
Author: EricaR

LOL
6.gif
too funny.......................

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 6:04:26 AM
Author: EricaR
AHEM. My EGO?!

That''s IT Erica! YOU are NEVER getting help from me AGAIN!!!!!!!!! YOU HEAR ME?!

3.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 12:04:03 PM
Author: mia1181
Adore it! I loved that dress too and was considering eloping in it. If I had a rehearsal dinner or a shower I would have bought it fo-sho!
30.gif

I think Violet02 wore it for her RD also!
I did indeed! I wore it in the 'white' (cream) color.

Here's a pic! Great dress, but not forgiving in terms of stretch, so don't gain any weight!
1.gif

ETA: I havne't tried it on since the wedding because I know i've gained weight so I'm scared to see how much when it doesnt actually fit AT ALL.

rhddress2.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow that dress is gorgeous! Violet you look beautiful in it! I can't wait to see yours IRL ILPC.

I'd love it for a DW I'm going to in summer...can you girls tell me something about the fit - I'm a 6 but have a relatively large chest (D) would the dress fit? It looks on the model like it would be much prettier on a smaller chest
8.gif

There's no BCBG stores near me to try it on.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Violet, thanks for posting your pic, do you have any more? ???? I can''t wait til it arrives! how was the fit on you, did you get your "normal" size??
Porridge, I wonder aboout the chest too, i actually wear a size 4 pants, BUT i bought the dress in a 6 because im a 34D and was afraid the bust would not fit. Im hoping the 6 will work and that the waist wont be too big. if it is - i''ll bring it to my alterations lady for help. Look on ebay and do google searches for the dress! you''ll find it at a great price if you want.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Good idea ILPC. Let me know how that goes!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results