shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry chryso in myheartmonster semi bezel

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It came today! Chris packaged it all cute in a little box tied onto a little pillow. She sent a polishing cloth and a little magnet w/the monster on it. She was so wonderful to work with! It took a little longer than what she'd originally thought-she called it a "tough little bugger", but she didn't charge over her quote for the added labor.

I haven't resized the pics but will see if it will let me upload anyway first.

100_3192.jpg

100_3198.jpg

100_3199.jpg

100_3197.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
more pics

100_3196.jpg

100_3195.jpg

100_3194.jpg

100_3202.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The swoop of the shoulders give it almost an optical illusion effect throwing shadows so that it looks like the stone is burnish set into a band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool ring!!!! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I really like it!!!

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhhh,,,,, I LOVE that setting !!!!!!!!
It shows off that beautiful Chrysoberyl just perfectly :love: :cheeky: :love: :cheeky:

Would you mind if one day I copy that design ?
I really love simple settings best....

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Thanks guys! It's kinda different so I was hoping it wouldn't only be cool to *me*!

Shiney, heck no, go for it! It makes me happy that someone else would like it that much!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat,
Nice workmanship on the ring. I like how the setting is high and lets a lot of light in on the cutlet.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really turned out beautifully :appl: :appl: ! The profile is amazing and it looks comfy, too!

How do you like it?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks PackRat, not only do I like it,
I LOVE It !!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sits higher than my spinel ring. The spinel is about 7mm off my finger and this is about 9mm from finger to top of crown. Don't notice it at all, in fact I didn't even think about it until you mentioned it TL! It sits so nice and smooth it's just not noticeable at all that it's high. Chris really did a spectacular job in it..the profile is *exactly* what I asked for, to the T. It sits like a little sculpture on the euroshank-which is something I'll ask for on all my rings now. It's so comfortable it's like not having a ring on at all. The lighting here in the kitchen is atrocious so I'm looking forward to morning so I can play w/it in different lighting..tho I think it's supposed to be rainy at least it won't be horrid kitchen light. I did finally take it off just now..tho I didn't want to!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
A unique and substantial ring. I especially like the profile viewed along the direction of the finger. Enjoy it.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quite unique, very pretty!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely; it's good to see how everything comes together in the end.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I really like how this turned out, Packrat. Somehow, the chrysoberyl and the setting just seem to go together beautifully! :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Oh, very pretty. That came out great!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great ring! I wish we had a "Like" button on the PS... And seriously, it is a good, solid ring, not a flimsy thing, something that has style and quality.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey packy! you know how I feel about your ring...love it! :love: hmmm thinking of matte finish? :Up_to_something:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! :appl: Makes me happy! I'm really pleased with it. The top down view takes a bit to get used to-it's certainly not thin or delicate but I am thrilled with it! I'm going to talk to her about doing a band to go w/it too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T you sneak I didn't see you there! Yes, I'm pondering doing a matte finish on the yellow gold! :rodent:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man I love that! :appl: both the stone and the setting. The two tone is used really well in that setting.

If you ever get bored of it send it my way!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love the profile! And the euro shank. He did a fabulous job. Did you find reasonable as far as pricing? I'm eyeing one of his sold orders and it is calling my name...

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Part Gypsy and MP! Sunny today so took a few more pics to put up later. Ran out to the store earlier and it was a nice trip having something pretty to look at..tho hard to pay attention to what I was doing.

Which are you looking at MP? Chris is actually Christina (hehe) and I thought her prices were really reasonable. She worked up the quotes in a few different ways since I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. She did all silver, all gold, and silver w/the middle part gold. She did separate quotes for accent stone b/c I had thought about adding them.

The price when the final listing was put up was $25 more than the quote b/c of metal prices and I was fine w/that. She didn't charge for any of the extra time/labor she put into it since it turned out to be more of a process than she'd thought.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1305229911|2919942 said:
Thanks Part Gypsy and MP! Sunny today so took a few more pics to put up later. Ran out to the store earlier and it was a nice trip having something pretty to look at..tho hard to pay attention to what I was doing.

Which are you looking at MP? Chris is actually Christina (hehe) and I thought her prices were really reasonable. She worked up the quotes in a few different ways since I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it. She did all silver, all gold, and silver w/the middle part gold. She did separate quotes for accent stone b/c I had thought about adding them.

The price when the final listing was put up was $25 more than the quote b/c of metal prices and I was fine w/that. She didn't charge for any of the extra time/labor she put into it since it turned out to be more of a process than she'd thought.

Whoops! Haha, I should have known a woman designed all those flowy pieces. And I was looking at this one, though I'd want the stones slightly lower and touching. http://www.etsy.com/transaction/28693727 :love:

I might have to hit the local gem shop this weekend and see if I can find some sapphires that are calling my name...eee.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that ring would be cool revised like you said-you should do it!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
wow!! I love the ring and that setting shape is AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!!! :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie, congratulations - it is really inspiring to see so many folks capable of designing their own jewelry and loving the end product. Good for you! I have yet to see a chrysoberyl I don't love and your stone in your ring is no exception! Handsome! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Looks great, I love the design.

T

talamasca

It's lookes really nice and I like the mix of white and gold :D

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Pack, it looks fantastic! Well done. I love the high shine, and I think the flow is gorgeous.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! Today is migraine day so it's nice to read the comments..I put it on to go get London from school and now I don't want to take it off and do my yard/house work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results