shape
carat
color
clarity

*~* Bargains In Northern Virginia *~*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sandy Alison
9845 Georgetown Pike
Great Falls, Va. 22066
703-759-5905

Anyone in the area of Great Falls, Virginia who likes beautiful jewelry and would like to get a piece (or more) of good quality jewelry at a really low price should check out Sandy Alison''s sale as soon as possible. I had seen signs for its going out of business sale, but had not planned to go into the store until a friend urged me to do so. I knew that the store carried good quality jewelry because I had purchased a ring for my mother there, but I was unprepared for how deep the price cuts were on really nice pieces of jewelry.

If you live in Washington, DC; Montgomery County, Maryland; or Northern Virginia, this might be worth a trip. It certainly should be an enjoyable excursion!

The owner told me today that the store should be open for another six weeks, but I wouldn''t wait. I think that the inventory will dwindle! I tried on a lot of pieces today and they were all tempting because the prices were just so, so right!!!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Deb,
Any high K gold pieces?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 12:15:08 AM
Author: Harriet

Hey Deb,
Any high K gold pieces?

No, but there is one lovely yellow gold ring that looks like a designer ring that is buttery yellow. It looks like many strands of gold set with tiny diamonds and it has been reduced to some ridiculously low price! The owner urged me to try it on (which I had had no intention of doing...I was just asking about it out of curiosity about its design...but of course it looked great!) (I should mention that I wear a ring size 6 on both hands so that every ring in a jewelry store usually fits me.) At any rate, the owner then asked if I was on their mailing list and I said I didn't know, but I should be because I had bought a ring from them in the past. He then said that people on their mailing list got an additional 10% off and did a new calculation with his calculator! I literally had to beg for mercy! I said, "Please don't tempt me! I just bought Gurhan earrings and I can't afford anything!" (which is perfectly true!). I had originally asked Bill Pearlman to put those earrings I am getting from him on lay-away because I just didn't have the cash together (and I never put anything on a credit card that I can't pay off that month)! In the end I sent Bill a check for half the cost of the earrings. If I were to buy that ring I wouldn't have the money to pay Bill for the second half of my earrings, however!

Deborah
34.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Deb, we must be neighbors, because I saw the same signs in my neighborhood & I went in & checked out the shop - they do have some beautiful pieces, but I''m saving up my jewelry credits right now for a Leon reset, so I had to restrain myself
emotion-5.gif
I live in north Reston - are you in the area? I keep thinking that we need to eventually put together a metro DC GTG ...

April20

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to be in Alexandria, VA for work on Monday. Am I close? Am I close? I think I am going to have a couple of hours to kill before my flight home. This seems like the perfect diversion!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 10:16:28 AM
Author: April20

I''m going to be in Alexandria, VA for work on Monday. Am I close? Am I close? I think I am going to have a couple of hours to kill before my flight home. This seems like the perfect diversion!

April20, it may take you about 40-45 minutes to get there from Alexandria. If you are just visiting and short on time, I cannot promise it will be worth a trip. On the other hand, if you have time on your hands and want to take a lovely drive through the Virginia countryside, the Georgetown Pike (take it from the Beltway to Great Falls) is a beautiful historical "Virginia byway" with white clapboard fences, rolling green lawns, and horses. The drive plus the jewelry at the end will make it pleasant. I wouldn''t rush out here just for the jewelry in between planes if you do not have time to enjoy the countryside, though!!!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 10:11:50 AM
Author: vespergirl

Deb, we must be neighbors, because I saw the same signs in my neighborhood...I live in north Reston - are you in the area?
Yes. I am in the area. There is a former Pricescope poster who is a stone''s throw from you, too, and she shopped at the Great Falls jewelry stores! She and I agreed that we were probably the geographically closest of any two posters who were not in the same apartment building! She lived on the Reston side of the Lessburg Pike between between Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron or Utterback Store Road. Maybe I can look up her posting and remind myself! Amazing!

I have to go take my daughter to school!

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 10:41:38 AM
Author: AGBF

There is a former Pricescope poster who is a stone's throw from you, too, and she shopped at the Great Falls jewelry stores!

I thought it might be fun for you to read about crafftygrrl, the former poster who used to be (and may still be) our neighbor!

Deborah
34.gif

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for this! I no longer live there, but I grew up in Great Falls and my parents still live there. Your picturesque description of Goergetown Pike made me homesick. I remember going in that store on a recent visit home and thinking they had nice things, but were overpriced. I sent my mom overtoday to see what they had now that prices have been reduced.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Utterback Store Rd. is about 1 mile from my house! I live off Reston Parkway between Rt. 7 and Baron Cameron, so we really are neighbors! Too funny! Every time I see another lady in a jewelry store, I''ll be wondering if it''s one of you guys!
emteeth.gif

By the way, have you been to the new jewelry store in Reston Town Center? They seem to have some really beautiful designs, but I haven''t been in there yet - they have a designer working at a drafting table in the window, usually, so I''m guessing they do custom work ...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 4:03:53 PM
Author: NovemberBride

I sent my mom overtoday to see what they had now that prices have been reduced.

Oh! I am so happy! Thank you so much for taking the time to tell me. That made my day, NovemberBride!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 4:05:02 PM

By the way, have you been to the new jewelry store in Reston Town Center? They seem to have some really beautiful designs, but I haven''t been in there yet - they have a designer working at a drafting table in the window, usually, so I''m guessing they do custom work ...

I used to go out to lunch with my next door neighbor once a week at Panera Bread at the Reston Town Center, but we stopped doing that for one reason or another. That was the only time I ever went over there because I hate the parking!!! So I didn''t know that there was a new jewelry store there! Gosh...you and I are going to have to meet!!!

Deb
34.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 4:05:02 PM
Utterback Store Rd. is about 1 mile from my house! I live off Reston Parkway between Rt. 7 and Baron Cameron, so we really are neighbors! Too funny! Every time I see another lady in a jewelry store, I''ll be wondering if it''s one of you guys!
emteeth.gif

There''s a new jewelry store at RTC? I''m in Ashburn and go into Reston all the time! Vesper, DH and I use to live in Reston, off of Whiele Ave. on Lake Anne. Loved it there but we wanted a new construction house, so off to Ashburn we went! We go to Reston all the time though!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 5:24:28 PM
Author: february2003bride

There's a new jewelry store at RTC? I'm in Ashburn and go into Reston all the time! Vesper, DH and I use to live in Reston, off of Whiele Ave. on Lake Anne. Loved it there but we wanted a new construction house, so off to Ashburn we went! We go to Reston all the time though!

february2003bride, if your name is accurate you have been married for a while! How long ago did you leave Wiehle Avenue? Did you have a single dwelling house there or a townhouse? I have to drive on or pass Wiehle Avenue to get to the North Point Shopping Center where the closest Giant is!

Deborah
34.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh if I wasn''t saving money for wedding stuff I would LOVE to take a drive up there! Thanks for posting!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/27/2009 7:22:22 PM
Author: thing2of2

Oooh if I wasn''t saving money for wedding stuff I would LOVE to take a drive up there! Thanks for posting!

thing, since I regard you as a comrade from Around The World, I would have perked up if I knew you were within spitting (or driving) distance. Where the heck are you?

Deb
34.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:06:32 PM

Date:
2/27/2009 5:24:28 PM
Author: february2003bride

There''s a new jewelry store at RTC? I''m in Ashburn and go into Reston all the time! Vesper, DH and I use to live in Reston, off of Whiele Ave. on Lake Anne. Loved it there but we wanted a new construction house, so off to Ashburn we went! We go to Reston all the time though!

february2003bride, if your name is accurate you have been married for a while! How long ago did you leave Wiehle Avenue? Did you have a single dwelling house there or a townhouse? I have to drive on or pass Wiehle Avenue to get to the North Point Shopping Center where the closest Giant is!

Deborah
34.gif
I walk to that Giant all the time from my house - this is so funny!

The new jewelry store in Reston Town Center is called Midtown Jewelers - it is small, but whenever I look in the window they have gorgeous pieces. I need to stop in there & see what they have. That''s so funny that both of you guys are my neighbors! :)

Here''s the link for the jewelry store:
http://www.midtownjewelersinc.com/index.html

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 8:56:48 PM

Date:

thing, since I regard you as a comrade from Around The World, I would have perked up if I knew you were within spitting (or driving) distance. Where the heck are you?

Deb

34.gif

I''m in Richmond, Deb! And if there''s ever a DC GTG I will totally come!

Your Comrade In Arms,
thing2of2

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 10:02:49 PM

Date: 2/27/2009 8:56:48 PM

Date:

Deb

34.gif

I''m in Richmond, Deb! And if there''s ever a DC GTG I will totally come!

Your Comrade In Arms,
thing2of2
Hmmm ... maybe we''ll need to organize a GTG this spring - I didn''t know there were so many closet diamond lovers in the area!
emsmileo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results