shape
carat
color
clarity

Bare Escentuals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So I went shopping today to get some new makeup after decided to do my own wedding makeup. I never made it around to MAC but I did end up purchasing some foundation from Bare Escentuals, which I used to use daily.

Did anyone else use Bare Escentuals for their wedding day makeup, and if so how how did it photograph? I have heard some people complain that it was too shimmery for photos. I think I was wearing it for my engagement photos and the pictures looked good. Any input?

I stopped using Bare Escentuals because of the price and I am not working right now, just wanted to try something cheaper for a while.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My wedding makeup was BE and it was PERFECT. DH loved it because I didn''t look "done up" but definitely different from day to day.

Some colors are shimmery - there''s one candid closeup where my eyes do look shimmery, but none of my pro-pics look that way. I''d just ask whoever is doing your makeup to be aware of your concern and to stick to neutrals. There''s a million colors there. I have no idea what I wore except for Candi on my lips (which I wear daily, I love it).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I didn''t wear it on my wedding day (not married yet) but I wore it to a cousin''s wedding and I did NOT like how it looked in pictures. I looked very shiny for sure. So I vote no from my limited experience with being photographed wearing it.

My sister just got an amazing gel-based MAC foundation that I plan to get once my current stuff runs out and possibly use on my wedding day. It looks absolutely flawless on. The MAC make up artist said t''s buildable so I figure it could be good for photos because you could put a little more on than usual for more coverage. I don''t know the name but I think they''ll know at MAC if you ask for the gel-based one. And I can find out if you need me to! Also, not quite wedding photos but she actually wore it for her passport photo and it looked great in that!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I am a long time user of BE...and here''s the deal. It works great for looking natural in person BUT because it has mica in it, the light from the lflash will bounce like crazy making you look uber shiny in pictures. I would suggest doing a self trial run, wait an hour or two and then have a friend take a bunch of photos with a digital camera so that you can see how it works for you.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice guys! I will definitely try the makeup out today and take a bunch of pictures.

I am also thinking about using my old Mary Kay foundation with a primer, or purchasing some MAC foundation then returning it after the wedding (I know I am shameful!) But what is the point of paying so much for foundation I know I will only use once!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE BA, for everyday make-up. But I got some samples from MAC and it looked great for the wedding. plus, i love the way the MAC make-up works on your eyes. the make-up artist I plan to use used MAC and a few otehr brands that are made for brides and models.

All I can say is try to do it yourself and it you love the phots, then go for it.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
my mom used BE for a while, and while she likes it for the coverage, she doesn''t use it much anymore. My sis is a makeup artist and she swears by MAC. She has used MANY other brands (through her training and the salons she has worked in) and she ALWAYS goes back to MAC. She used it on my for my e-pics and I LOVED how it looked. She also used it for my friend''s wedding (who''s makeup she did) and EVERYONE commented on how amazing it looked and she even got another client off those photos. Now it may be the way my sis does makeup (she is freaking awesome) but I won''t use anything but MAC. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results