shape
carat
color
clarity

Barcelona help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tessari

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone!
Not sure where to post this...I tried tripadvisor but my post got lost among all the others! So my FI and I are going to be in barcelona this June and he will turn 30 while we are there. I want to surprise him with something unique but I am not sure how. Any ideas? Also, of someone has a romantic restaurant recommendation that would be great. He''s been there before but it will be my first visit.
Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
tessari try travel talk on fodors...if you do a search, I am sure you will get tons of recommendations.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!! I agree tripadvisor and fodors are helpful. I really liked Can Majo http://www.canmajo.es/ It is a little ways from Los Ramblas, if you like seafood.
There are cable cars you can ride that have a view of the city http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/albums-en/montjuic/
Bee went to Barcelona too, hopefully she will chime in.
1.gif

I wanted to see the Playa de Musica (sp?) but they were sold out so if you want to do that then make sure you get reservations. Also, got a book called Eyewitness top 10, and that had some of the best things to see and do and it was compact enough for me to carry it around.

I posted some Paris and Barcelona pictures here. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/welcome-back-skippy.79990/ I would visit the Guell Park, you get great views of the city too. Guadi was the architecture and his work is amazing so if you like what he does you need to see Guell park, Guadi's apartment building and La Sagrada Familia. We did the red bus tour, and did the 2 days which takes you to all the major sights; we did it in the beginning when we arrived in Barcelona. The great thing is that they give you coupons to most of the major sights.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh I love Barcelona! I''ve been quite a few times and it''s been fab every time. The cablecars were brilliant-can''t think of the name of the mountain that you go up but there''s a beautiful castle on top of it. We actually got engaged on the cablecars. There is just so much to do and see there. The restaurants out by the aquarium are brilliant and there are tons of great bars and restaurants by the port. Get the bus turistic around the place-they go everywhere and are really good value. They leave from Placa de Catalunya. Not sure if you''re looking for hotels, but we''ve stayed in Hotel Regina, Le Meridien hotel and Hotel Jazz. They were all great but hotel Jazz was amazing! Such a nice hotel and they have a gorgeous rooptop pool. Not sure of the name of the tapas bar but if you get off the bus turistic at Avenue diagonal and walk back down the avenue, there''s the most amazing tapas bar there. You''ll have an amazing time.

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:31:44 PM
Author: bee*
ooh I love Barcelona! I''ve been quite a few times and it''s been fab every time. The cablecars were brilliant-can''t think of the name of the mountain that you go up but there''s a beautiful castle on top of it. We actually got engaged on the cablecars. There is just so much to do and see there. The restaurants out by the aquarium are brilliant and there are tons of great bars and restaurants by the port. Get the bus turistic around the place-they go everywhere and are really good value. They leave from Placa de Catalunya. Not sure if you''re looking for hotels, but we''ve stayed in Hotel Regina, Le Meridien hotel and Hotel Jazz. They were all great but hotel Jazz was amazing! Such a nice hotel and they have a gorgeous rooptop pool. Not sure of the name of the tapas bar but if you get off the bus turistic at Avenue diagonal and walk back down the avenue, there''s the most amazing tapas bar there. You''ll have an amazing time.
I went to a monestary that was bulit into a mountain when I was in Barcelona - Montserrat. It was amazing!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I love Barcelona! Even more than I loved Madrid
9.gif

Check out Maribel''s Guide (I think the link is www.maribelsguide.com or you can google it). She gives good restaurant and activities recommendations. I loved Gaudi''s buildings and the park that he designed all the way up on the mountains. I can look up all the names of the places if you''d like some more info. Unfortunately I can''t think about any specific restaurants but I know that Maribel gives some good suggestions.
Have a great time! I''m so jealous
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 9:05:02 PM
Author: chiapet
I love Barcelona! Even more than I loved Madrid
9.gif

Check out Maribel''s Guide (I think the link is www.maribelsguide.com or you can google it). She gives good restaurant and activities recommendations. I loved Gaudi''s buildings and the park that he designed all the way up on the mountains. I can look up all the names of the places if you''d like some more info. Unfortunately I can''t think about any specific restaurants but I know that Maribel gives some good suggestions.
Have a great time! I''m so jealous
31.gif
Wow, maribel''s guide is still being read? The link (I looked) is actually www.maribelsguides.com - wonder if it''s th same Maribel who was the spain expert on the fodor''s forums for so many years. That''s where she first posted her guides. If so, she''s great...

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:31:44 PM
Author: bee*
ooh I love Barcelona! I've been quite a few times and it's been fab every time. The cablecars were brilliant-can't think of the name of the mountain that you go up but there's a beautiful castle on top of it. We actually got engaged on the cablecars. There is just so much to do and see there.
Yep, Barcelona is amazing! That must be Montjuic Castle, great vew from the hill
30.gif

There's so much to see, can't miss the Gotic quarter [old Barcelona] & Ramblas Boulevard, known for mime artists/jugglers, etc, great tapas served on the quarter but my fave "Los Toreros" yummo.
La Sagrada Familia Cathedral, can't miss that one, I'd take advantage of the Greek/Lebanese influence ["Gracia"] & Port Olimpic for great seafood. Many incrdible chapels ie Major Royal Palace....have fun
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love Barcelona! Definitely check out all the Gaudi stuff-Parc Guell, La Sagrada Familia, and the cool houses. Those were probably my favorite sights when I was there.

And my fiance and I really liked this restaurant called Origen 99''9 %. There are a few of them in Barcelona and the food is tasty and not super expensive. (Maybe not fancy enough for a special occasion but good to eat at nonetheless!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Loved Barcelona! One restaurant I remember we went to was Quatre Gats which was frequented by Picasso.

Definitely spend some time walking along Las Ramblas and at the Placa de Catalunya. I was there in late June/early July, so I also spent a day at the beach (prepare for toplessness).
5.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
We were in Spain in October and I loved it there (Madrid moreso than Barcelona though
3.gif
)! I''ll second everyone else''s suggestions for attractions and things to see/do (Parc Guell, Sagrada Familia, Las ramblas, Gothic Quarter...). We did a bus tour - the one with the red and blue lines (north/south), which was really great. We only had a couple of half days in Barcelona so I can''t give great restaurant recommendations...there are a ton by the pier (just keep walking towards the water after Las Ramblas). The patios are wonderful and the views are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results