shape
carat
color
clarity

Barbaro dies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070129/ap_on_sp_ot/rac_barbaro_27

So sad...RIP sweet fellow.
emrose.gif
I and many others so hoped he would make it, what a magnificent horse he was.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It''s dreadfully sad. Everyone did all they could, especially Barbaro. It''s a shame, such a loss.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it was wonderful that they tried to save him. I really felt bad when I heard about this. Horses are such beautiful, noble creatures. Very sad.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is tragic after everything that was done to save him, his caregivers must be devastated too, it sounds like he was a joy to care for and a real character too. The disease that afflicted him is a terrible one, but often when a horse suffers an injury like that, the opposite limb has to do extra work and mechanical laminitis or founder can strike, despite knowing this was a risk and everything was done to prevent it, it didn''t help.
15.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really is sad, I was so hopeful. But I didn''t know about all the things that could happen afterwards.
38.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that is the trouble with fractures, the other leg and hoof has to do extra weight bearing and the laminitis is a real risk, it is one of the last things you want to ever happen to your horse, it is a nasty cruel disease. I have nursed a horse through it and it is terrible, but I won though!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif
It''s so sad. Poor sweetie.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I was devastated to hear the news yesterday. I''m so glad that the owners and doctor truly knew this horse and knew when to fight and when to eventually give up.

He was truly a great horse and will be greatly missed by many.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results