clarity

Bannon Out!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
LOLOLOLOLOL

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not gonna dance in the streets yet. We still have the rest of the month to get through.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ABC News just reported that Bannon resigned two weeks ago. I wonder why it took so long for the this news to released?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One by one, his staff are peeling away. He's so isolated now. There is little infrastructure left In Trumps whitehouse. Now congress needs to make a stand.
I'm contemplating about the possibility of him resigning and getting pence to pardon him and his clueless sons for whatever dealings with Russia. Trump always backs out according to his history.

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kelly can keep on tossing people out, but the rot of this administration starts at the top and continues on down. If Trump goes, he gets replaced by Pence, and if Pence goes, he's replaced by Ryan. I'm hoping the Dems take the House in 2018 so at least Ryan falls out of that perilous lineup.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what will happen to all of the people who voted for him in hope. The easiest thing is to call them "the deplorables" - but IRL they voted for him because he offered jobs. Now they will be hopeless...and hopeless white men get angry, as we have seen.
They will be looking for another leader. By reading their posts, I came to the conclusion that they are not idiots, and limited Pence will not appeal to them. What will happen? I don't know.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what will happen to all of the people who voted for him in hope. The easiest thing is to call them "the deplorables" - but IRL they voted for him because he offered jobs. Now they will be hopeless...and hopeless white men get angry, as we have seen.
They will be looking for another leader. By reading their posts, I came to the conclusion that they are not idiots, and limited Pence will not appeal to them. What will happen? I don't know.
There is a lot of truth in this. It's a very important question. The war on the middle class must stop, with greater spending on infrastructure and a social net so that people don't fall through the cracks. Though the stock market is up , homelessness has recently doubled. An interesting statistic. Low employment rate right now hides a lot. People working no growth, low paying jobs cannot afford what they need. The more people fall through the cracks, or slip closer to it, the more desperation and anger there is.

Last edited:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a lot of truth in this. It's a very important question. The war on the middle class must stop, with greater spending on infrastructure and a social net so that people don't fall through the cracks. Though the stock market is up , homelessness has recently doubled. An interesting statistic. Low employment rate right now hides a lot. People working no growth, low paying jobs cannot afford what they need. The more people fall through the cracks, or slip closer to it, the more desperation and anger there is.

Can you please share your info about homelessness recently doubling? I can't find this information. I see something from January stating something close to this, blaming high housing prices.

Thanks.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes. I thought that maybe there is "white supremacy" because these white guys are essentially living in white ghettos and are horribly afraid of merging with black ones. Or they live in rural areas with no jobs. Antisemitism is rampant on their pages - but antisemitism is on the rise only when there is a need to blame someone for your lack of success. "Aryan brotherhoods" started in jail, and our jails will deserve a special book. In fact, jails are especially tribalized, I read about one in CA where they color-coded the cells of the inmates depending on the race.

So, it starts with economy, and ends with it. And our elites are blissfully ignorant, happy, or not caring... (But then, you don't need guts to be rich, as nr 45 has demonstrated).

Most of these white supremacists are not unemployed, but hovering on the brink of it. And there is a certain mismatch between their very good English and ability to express themselves and their lousy jobs.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you please share your info about homelessness recently doubling? I can't find this information. I see something from January stating something close to this, blaming high housing prices.

Thanks.
I heard it on MSNBC early this week. It came from a special contributor who worked for a non profit, or something like that. Really don't remember his name though. He made a point about how there is talk about how the stock market has gone way up, but it is neglected to ever mention the statistics on rising homelessness. He then mentioned it having doubled, which shocked my husband and I. Wish I could tell you more. Hope this is of some help.
What that means to me is that those who have money are profiting, but those who are slipping, are falling through the cracks more.

Side note...wether he is correct on the exact numbers or not did not really catch my interest, nor have I specifically cross checked this. I probably should have said that I heard, but I sometimes feel that it goes without saying because we are all hearing this stuff. Intuitively though, I know this is happening because I'm witnessing it. I see ever more homeless people, even in places where I e never seen them before. In our town, they seem to be growing. I've noticed this at the soup kitchen where we sometimes volunteer. regulars there report that this is the case, more and more, too many to serve. The homeless population used to be primarily people who were homeless because of untreated mental health and health problems, but now, there are young, working families with children, living in their cars, widows without enough pension, etc.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So well said, Arkteia. As the war on the middle class continues and the money devide between the rich and everyone else becomes more extreme, the sea of disenfranchised people will clamor to find an identity, which separates them from other disenfranchised groups. Nothing more psychologically hooking to a vulnerable person than feeling as though
'At least we are not that, at least we are not like those people' . It's a dangerous predicament. If only groups would unite for common good.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is small by comparison, but all 17 members of the President's Arts Council quit today. The members (tho not the council) were Obama appointees, but even so. He now has no Arts Council members, and can't pretend to have fired the ones that were there.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Martin Shkreli might be looking for work....I see a great opportunity.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They need a revolving door at the White House.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

And yet, who do they vote for: gridlock or republicans whose policies (military, tax cuts, smaller government (i.e. fewer services)) do not usually include support for the middle and lower class.

It's typical: Trump and republicans were voted in to repeal and replace the ACA even though it was clear they had no plan. It was hilarious when the RNC, earlier this year, called out Hillary to show her plan AND SHE DID! :lol-2: Those coal miners voted for Trump who had no plan to save their jobs, and rejected Hillary who actually had a plan to encourage alternative energy (a growing industry) and retrain people to work in that industry. They went for the snake oil salesman promising a quick fix, even when it was glaringly obvious that what he was proposing would make them worse.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And yet, who do they vote for: gridlock or republicans whose policies (military, tax cuts, smaller government (i.e. fewer services)) do not usually include support for the middle and lower class.

It's typical: Trump and republicans were voted in to repeal and replace the ACA even though it was clear they had no plan. It was hilarious when the RNC, earlier this year, called out Hillary to show her plan AND SHE DID! :lol-2: Those coal miners voted for Trump who had no plan to save their jobs, and rejected Hillary who actually had a plan to encourage alternative energy (a growing industry) and retrain people to work in that industry. They went for the snake oil salesman promising a quick fix, even when it was glaringly obvious that what he was proposing would make them worse.

It's so true! I think Trump fanned people's negative emotions and got people going. He provided easy answers for complex problems, and presented himself as a hero and doer. The people to whom this appealed to the most were the most desperate. Childlike, magical thinking, not abstract thinking with critical thought.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is small by comparison, but all 17 members of the President's Arts Council quit today. The members (tho not the council) were Obama appointees, but even so. He now has no Arts Council members, and can't pretend to have fired the ones that were there.
The letter of resignation was excellent.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
The level of incompetence going on in the WH is STAGGERING.

IMG_5488.PNG

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I heard it on MSNBC early this week. It came from a special contributor who worked for a non profit, or something like that. Really don't remember his name though. He made a point about how there is talk about how the stock market has gone way up, but it is neglected to ever mention the statistics on rising homelessness. He then mentioned it having doubled, which shocked my husband and I. Wish I could tell you more. Hope this is of some help.
What that means to me is that those who have money are profiting, but those who are slipping, are falling through the cracks more.

Side note...wether he is correct on the exact numbers or not did not really catch my interest, nor have I specifically cross checked this. I probably should have said that I heard, but I sometimes feel that it goes without saying because we are all hearing this stuff. Intuitively though, I know this is happening because I'm witnessing it. I see ever more homeless people, even in places where I e never seen them before. In our town, they seem to be growing. I've noticed this at the soup kitchen where we sometimes volunteer. regulars there report that this is the case, more and more, too many to serve. The homeless population used to be primarily people who were homeless because of untreated mental health and health problems, but now, there are young, working families with children, living in their cars, widows without enough pension, etc.
There also has been a very huge increase of multiple families living in what was formally a one family home/apartment.
I know of a lot of households with 4 or more working adults that on their own can not afford housing.
They are not young either.
A lot of good paying jobs have been replaced with min. wage jobs and even those are going away.
That is the hidden situation behind the unemployment numbers.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
As far as the topic ... Good!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There also has been a very huge increase of multiple families living in what was formally a one family home/apartment.
I know of a lot of households with 4 or more working adults that on their own can not afford housing.
They are not young either.
All the good paying jobs have been replaced with min. wage jobs and even those are going away.
This reminds me, recently I was walking around a city in California, which has a lovely outdoor shopping, 'lifestyle' center. The stores were all the big brands. Huge money went into building this place. Fountains, chic cafes, and music played on outdoor speakers. On its outskirts, nice apartments were built, with easy, walking access to shopping. But, the people who work in those stores cannot afford to live in those apartments. They have to commute to another, bigger city for the kind of salary which would afford such an apartment. Had me wondering what the living conditions of the store employees are like, and where they live?
You are right. We have jobs, but not the kind that you can survive on, or invest in education with while doing. A side note, a German newspaper recently published an article. In it, there was info about trump's employees. None have health insurance and all are pretty much underpaid. What kind of jobs are these? The word job no longer means what it used to. It's only one small part of the climb to some semblance of financial security.

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It was an excellent letter, both straightforward and subtle. If you take the first letter of each paragraph, it spells 'Resist.' I'm sure that was not accidental.

There is also disapproval from the people getting the Kennedy Center honors this year. All are either people of color or Jewish. Two have already indicated they will not attend the ceremony and 3 have not responded yet as the festivities include visiting the WH and having #45 at the ceremony. Only LL Cool J has said he's going. I'm sure the Kennedy Center is between a rock and a hard place and tried to make a point with having all the honorees being POC or Jewish, but I can also respect honorees saying they are unwilling to attend.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you say imploding "big league" :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results