shape
carat
color
clarity

Bangles: which shape do you prefer, oval or round?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I heard some people say the oval shaped bangle is more comfortable and convenient to wear because it fits the wrist better than the round shaped. They say the round ones tend to get banged on the desk, keyboard, etc, which can get annoying.

I also heard that the oval shaped bangle is comfortable only when it stays in place. As the arm moves around, the bangle will turn and eventually, the short side of the oval will get stuck on the arm/wrist, and you will have to adjust it.

So, which shape do you refer, oval or round?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oval bangle does not turn on my wrist. The shape will not allow that to happen making it much more comfortable for me than a round since I have a small wrist.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
If I could find ovals that fit my wrist I would do ovals. The rounds do hit on everything at work and seem better for going out then everyday wear.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one bangle, a diamond bangle and it's oval and smallish, just like my wrist. I like that it can't turn. I wouldn't buy a round one. Wrists *are* oval!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OVAL!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For bangles set with diamonds or gemstones, oval. For plain gold/silver, I like round.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Oval if it's fitted to the wrist, and it's diamond or ornated on one side. But loose oval will spin just as mush as round.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hinged oval!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think oval fits better.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1316214141|3019149 said:
My oval bangle does not turn on my wrist. The shape will not allow that to happen making it much more comfortable for me than a round since I have a small wrist.

Me too on all counts. From memory, I think MGR has my dream bangle though (Hearts on Fire Solitude) so maybe we have similar physiology/taste!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
I agree - I think and oval fits better too.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i wear a gents sterling/diamond inlay oval shaped bangle with a hinged top and its very comfortable to wear.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! It seems the majority of you prefer the hinged oval.

For the hinged oval, what size do you prefer, relative to the wrist? Say the wrist is 56mm wide x 40mm tall, would an oval of 62mm x 49mm feel fairly comfortable and fitted on the wrist?

Is the hinge/screw system secure? How much maintenance does it require? I have never owned a hinged bangle, so am not sure how it works exactly and how well it holds up in the long term. Does it have a tongue-looking thing at one side of the bangle's opening, which you could insert into the other side of the bangle's opening? Pictures would be helpful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results