shape
carat
color
clarity

Baltimore Photographers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this forum
1.gif
, and I have a question:

Does anyone have recs for photographers in Baltimore? Our budget is 2-3k, and we'll need them for a long time - 7-ish hours. I don't know anything about photography, but FI tends to like candid and dislike super-artsy-special-effectsy.

TIA!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I''m using Kristen Leigh Photography.

She is located in Gaithersburg but I''m sure she would travel to the Baltimore area. We are getting married in Frederick and she is traveling there, and I know she does a lot of weddings in the NOVA/DC/Annapolis area.

For $2500 we are getting 7 hours coverage from Kristen and a second shooter, and a DVD of edited images. We didn''t want any albums or anything so this was the best package for us. Kristen is a delight and super talented considering she is all of 20 years old!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Our photographer was Jason Putsche. He is very much into candid shots, and everyone commented how they can't believe how he was everywhere, no one noticed him! He's under your budget and around the Baltimore area.

www.jasonputsche.com

He also has a smugmug site where you can see the photos from all the weddings he's shot. I can't recommend him enough.

ETA - we had him all day. Like until our reception ended at midnight. I think he came over around 330ish, but he was flexible with that as well. He was so easy to work with. He also set up a computer at our reception which played photos he took while we were getting ready, our guests really loved seeing some of the professional pictures at the reception.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Check out the Wedding Photojournalists Association as well. This is how we found our photographer.

WPJA

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
My DH and I had DBryant do our engagement pictures, but found that he was too pricey for our elopement. We originally were going to get married in Vermont and found an amazing photographer in Maine. When our venue changed to St Michaels, he also came down as well. He was very reasonable and we got a lot for our money.

I heard that Mary Kate Mckenna and Jen Lowe are really good too! (they are in the Baltimore-Washington area) I don''t know their price points, but it doesn''t hurt to ask.

I know this is off topic, but if u need hair/makeup...i would definitely recommend UpDo''s fo I Do''s , they did my hair and makeup and are absolutely amazing!

Let me know if I can help in any way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a ton - I'm the first in our group to be getting married, and personal recs help narrow it down so much. I'll check out all these studios tonight.
AsscherNut - Hair and makeup was going to be my next post
9.gif

AsscherNut

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 3:48:54 PM
Author:
AsscherNut - Hair and makeup was going to be my next post
9.gif

Definitely look into them. They get amazing reviews on Wedding Wire and so worth it!!! If u go to their blog, I''m featured under 09.09.09.

Kayakqueen83

Shiny_Rock
Just another option for you, ysssie. My engagement photographer does great work and she is located in the DC area, but will easily be able to shoot in Baltimore (that's actually where we got our engagement photos taken). Her prices are on her website for portrait sessions and I believe that the whole session and prints would fit within your budget.

She definitely has a great eye. Check out her blog or website for some samples if you like.

Hope that helped a bit. Looks like you already have some great options!
9.gif

http://www.procopiophotography.com

www.procopioblog.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results