shape
carat
color
clarity

Baltimore - Ideas for Restaurants/Fun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock

Ok....need help from you Baltimore gals and guys

I''m going to be in Baltimore from 3/21-3/24 for a conference. First question, what is The Inn at Henderson''s Wharf like? My conference hotel was sold out the first night so I''m booked at The Inn for that night.....should I be afraid

The remainder of the week I''ll be at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel. I have a couple of nights free for dinner and days for lunch and wondered where to go? What restaurants are in the area that are a must? Also hubby is coming along for fun and if the weather is good we''d like to get out on the water. Any recommendations for an evening sail?

As always, thanks for any information. Wish there was a Pricescope gathering then
Libby

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been to a few conferences at that same hotel. It''s fun to walk around the waterfront and there are a number of places to eat. I think we went to some restaurant that required us to take a ferry there (something seafood). Also, Little Italy is sort of near there, so that''s fun for dinner as well. I found that the concierge at the hotel was pretty helpful. Have fun!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The Inner Harbor has some nicer chain restaurants (like the Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, some seafood places). You can get similar food elsewhere, but the view of the harbor is nice.

If you''re in Little Italy (really close by), I''d recommend Vaccaro''s for dessert. They have Italian pastries, and their cannolis are particularly good.

Fell''s Point has some restaurants that are a little less expensive, plus some vintage stores if you''re interested in that kind of thing. If you don''t have a rental car, you''d need to take a cab (or other transportation) though. You''d pass through some shady areas of Baltimore getting there.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2006 9:03:08 PM
Author:Libster

Ok....need help from you Baltimore gals and guys

I''m going to be in Baltimore from 3/21-3/24 for a conference. First question, what is The Inn at Henderson''s Wharf like? My conference hotel was sold out the first night so I''m booked at The Inn for that night.....should I be afraid

The remainder of the week I''ll be at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel. I have a couple of nights free for dinner and days for lunch and wondered where to go? What restaurants are in the area that are a must? Also hubby is coming along for fun and if the weather is good we''d like to get out on the water. Any recommendations for an evening sail?

As always, thanks for any information. Wish there was a Pricescope gathering then
Libby
we could always throw one together while you''re in town.
Some of the gang had good luck this past weekend.

I''d love to meet up with you.

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
My DH and I stayed at The Inn at Henderson''s Wharf on our wedding night. The room was lovely and right on the Harbor. It''s in Fells Point so there''s lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
SXN675, Little Italy will be a must! One of the guys I work with says there is a great restaurant that he wants all of us to go to one night in Little Italy

Bleinhem, thanks for the tips. I''ll make sure to pop into Vaccaros for a cannoli
26.gif
yuuummmmyyy!! Nothing like the real deal! I think the hotel we are staying at the first night is near Fell''s Point and I love vintage shops!

Nan, I would absolutely love to meet you!!! I don''t know what your schedule is like, but lunches on 3/22 & 3/23 are on our own and the evening of 3/21 we are free. Just let me know when and where....if it''s possible
1.gif

JennyAnn2, It''s great to hear from someone who has stayed at the Inn, on our your wedding night, too! It must be nice.... It looked great on the website and I just went for it. I''ll probably wish I was staying there the whole time, but then I''d be out of the loop for the conference.

I really appreciate the tips and advice....I''m looking forward to this trip!
Libby

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Okay Libster- count me in.
As it gets closer we''ll make it more official.
There are pleny of cute places right in the Inner Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results