shape
carat
color
clarity

Ball Parure- Moonstone, Iolite and Tsavorite

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
I designed this parure for my wife. We attend several military balls so it made sense to finally break down and design something for her.
Gold%20tsavorite,%20iotlite,%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20collection%2030%20Apr%202011.jpg

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Here is a close up of the ring.
Gold%20tsavorite,%20iolite%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20ring.jpg

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Here is a close up of the necklace.
18%20inch%20gold%20tsavorite,%20iolite%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20necklace.jpg

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Here is the hair ornaments.
2%20gold%20tsavorite,%20iolite%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20hair%20clips.jpg

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Here is the braclet
8%20inch%20gold%20tsavorite,%20iolite%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20braclet.jpg

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Here are the earrings.
Gold%20tsavorite,%20iolite%20and%20rainbow%20moonstone%20earings.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

You designed that! Wow. Way to go! You wife must be thrilled!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wow, spectacular! If you're not in the business, you should be. Lucky wife!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a lucky wife you have! That is a gorgeous set! I hope that she wears some of the pieces for occasions other than a ball! They are too pretty to be worn a few times a year! I'd want to wear them all the time!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, I don't know of too many men that design jewelry for their wives. She's lucky!!

DOCSKI

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much. Design is not easy per say but there is a simplicity in taking a piece of paper and just drawing shapes and objects and bringing them together with colors and brilliance of metal and stones. Really though its finding a good jeweler who has the talent to take a two dimensional sketch and make it into something real. I have been luck so far in finding great and very talented jewelers.
Also it does sadden me greatly that beautiful jewels are locked away in boxes, chests and vaults and only brought out for 1-2 occasions a year. I feel i was born in the wrong time , I love seeing my wife dressed up in a beautiful gown wearing 12 strands of pears and a tiara to go out to dinner or theater. The move away for that level of detail and formality is sometimes disheartening, but I can still deck my wife out with all the beautiful and shinny objects my mind can think of.
This set was inspired by Louis Comfort Tiffany's pieces making use of the blue moonstone, to accent the Violet/blue iolites, which look more intense set in the yellow gold and to break up the color the tsavorite are intensely green but compliment the entire ensemble of color and play on optical stones with their higher RI. I think I have achieved what I was trying to accomplish.

Docski
-lover of all things shinny and usually not so new

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I think you must be just about the best husband ever. :bigsmile:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I can't see any reason why these items should be "locked" away--true, she might not have occasion to wear them all at once very often--but could she not wear the bracelet and ring or earrings seperately? Those colors would go with everything!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you for the closeup pictures. very nice.

MoZo

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love that you designed a parure for your wife with stunning results! If I hinted to my husband that I might enjoy a parure he would probably think it was a breed of long-haired cat! The pieces are absolutely ethereal.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1304428207|2910970 said:
I love that you designed a parure for your wife with stunning results! If I hinted to my husband that I might enjoy a parure he would probably think it was a breed of long-haired cat! The pieces are absolutely ethereal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

beautiful and how special that you designed it :)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW and WOW! :love: That is just lovely! What a thoughtful hubby you are.

As an aside I have my first military ball in 8 weeks (hubby's grad from officer training) and I am busy planning my outfit and jewels. :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Magical! I love the fluidity of the design, and the moonstones look to be very high-quality - excellent work!

GemSelect

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi, this is Derek Lee from GemSelect Customer Support!

Thank you so much for sharing this with others! We are so happy the tsavorite, moonstone and iolite gemstones ended up in such stunning jewelry! You certainly do have a talent and look forward to seeing more of your designs. Please do not hesitate to ask us for anything special that you may not see on our site. We just may have something offline or perhaps can help you source something special!

http://www.gemselect.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results