shape
carat
color
clarity

Balenciaga Lilac - Should I buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I've been trying to stay off the other balenciaga thread cause I know how addicting these bags can be. I really want a Lilac city but haven't seen one come up on ebay that was 'like new', and I think they are pretty much sold out in the stores (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, this lilac First came up on ebay and I put in an offer. The seller emailed me and said if she did it for the price I offered there would be no free shipping (kinda defeats my offer if you ask me) and she would really like a money order rather than Paypal so as not to pay the fees. I like the coloring on the bag but my offer was really my max since it isn't a city. Should I hold out for a city (that may never come) or jump on this? If I get this First then I will for sure be getting a City down the road. The ladies in the purse forum have dealt with the seller before and her feedback is great so I'm pretty sure the bag is legit.

Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-BALENCIAGA-First-Lilac-06-Motorcycle-Bag-NEW_W0QQitemZ120063972292QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120063972292

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that one. It is really pretty. You mean if you buy it, you will get the city or you won''t? If you won''t, then I would hold out. I think there was a lilac city a little bit ago but I can''t seem to find it. (I could be wrong). I think you should hold out for the one that you really want. Because I think eventually, almost every bag comes up. I was surprised to see a silver city (which I have never seen on Ebay) today. Not sure if it is legit but I think it is. I think almost everything comes up eventually because the PF ladies sell their bags that they don''t use often to fund new ones. But I know how you feel. You think this might be your last chance to get that color. I see more lilac stuff popping up lately.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply. I meant that if I got the Lilac First then I would get a City in a different color down the road (Spring 07 French Blue maybe). I like that the veining in this one isn''t as strong as in some I have seen, which is why I am sort of temped. I also like the Lilac in the newer shinier leather than in the older thicker leather so I would want 06 probably. I would also love a Cornflower blue city or box if I could find one.

There are so many colors to choose from it''s so hard to decide!!
26.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 12:24:42 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
Thanks for the reply. I meant that if I got the Lilac First then I would get a City in a different color down the road (Spring 07 French Blue maybe). I like that the veining in this one isn''t as strong as in some I have seen, which is why I am sort of temped. I also like the Lilac in the newer shinier leather than in the older thicker leather so I would want 06 probably. I would also love a Cornflower blue city or box if I could find one.

There are so many colors to choose from it''s so hard to decide!!
26.gif
Boy, that is true. I had my heart set on the ink but I don''t think I will ever find one. Everybody wants one. I think you almost have to decide what you want and then wait for it or you end up wanting every pretty thing that comes along (I do anyway.lol).
Well, I say go for it. I do think it is a pretty one. There is an interesting thread about resale of B-bags and which ones are more hotly demanded. You should check it out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
GET IT!!!
30.gif

I was looking at that auction last nite...it''s divine. I would honestly say if you have the opportunity to get a lilac and you love how the leather and veining looks then do it...first or city. Because I''m surprised no one else has snapped up this lilac from TPF..those girls are crazy for lilac. One thing I have noticed is that many times the more coveted colors (though I''m not sure 06 lilac is as coveted as 04) go really fast because people ARE looking for that one elusive kinda bag.

Anyway, if the offer is a nice price and she is willing to accept and dou are willing to pay, I think that bag is FAB. I love the lilacs.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 12:57:02 PM
Author: Mara
GET IT!!!
30.gif

I was looking at that auction last nite...it''s divine. I would honestly say if you have the opportunity to get a lilac and you love how the leather and veining looks then do it...first or city. Because I''m surprised no one else has snapped up this lilac from TPF..those girls are crazy for lilac. One thing I have noticed is that many times the more coveted colors (though I''m not sure 06 lilac is as coveted as 04) go really fast because people ARE looking for that one elusive kinda bag.

Anyway, if the offer is a nice price and she is willing to accept and dou are willing to pay, I think that bag is FAB. I love the lilacs.
I wondered about this too. I think the 04 lilac or was it 05 is considered more desirable but personally, I like this one better.

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone. I received a counter offer from the seller and then before I could make up my mind it was retracted by her so I didn''t buy it.

I saw the sale for 30% on the purse forum for a store in MA and bought a Part-time in blueberry. I''ve not seen that color in person. The girl there said it looked nice and since I did want a cornflower/blue bag my fingers are crossed that I''ll love it. I will get in on Monday and try to post pictures.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 1:35:22 PM
Author: Emeraldfan
Thanks for the advice everyone. I received a counter offer from the seller and then before I could make up my mind it was retracted by her so I didn''t buy it.

I saw the sale for 30% on the purse forum for a store in MA and bought a Part-time in blueberry. I''ve not seen that color in person. The girl there said it looked nice and since I did want a cornflower/blue bag my fingers are crossed that I''ll love it. I will get in on Monday and try to post pictures.
Sounds good. And sounds like a good deal.

I wonder what happened with the lilac first. The seller just changed her mind about selling it? I guess that happens. That''s the second auction I was watching that that happened.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
EF, I love the blueberry color. I have a cornflower, but blueberry is just as great, IMO. I also love the part-time style (not everyone does). I think that will be a FABULOUS bag!!
30.gif
Don''t forget to post pics in the Bal thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results