shape
carat
color
clarity

Baguette ring

bradswife

Rough_Rock
I have been married for 26 years and am now shopping for new wedding rings. I found this one but I am concerned that the baguettes will get dirty, be too fragile and not hold up well for every day wear. I do love it though. What do you all think?

Baguette ring.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is really pretty. All diamonds get dirty they just need a cleaning with some dishsoap and a soft toothbrush
every other day or so. If I had a ring like that I would only wear it when I left the house (which is pretty much what
I do with my e-ring and its nothing that fancy). Hopefully, this would reduce the chance of damage.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1312116245|2981025 said:
I think it is really pretty. All diamonds get dirty they just need a cleaning with some dishsoap and a soft toothbrush
every other day or so. If I had a ring like that I would only wear it when I left the house (which is pretty much what
I do with my e-ring and its nothing that fancy). Hopefully, this would reduce the chance of damage.

Ditto. all rings need to be cleaned every few days, the issue would be it's durablity. I would make sure not to wear it while cleaning, gardending, sleeping, pretty much I would only wear it around the house when you are not doing anything dirty or heavy and then when you go out. That is what most PSers do anyways as they dont want to "wear on" their sparklies.

bradswife

Rough_Rock
I am used to wearing my wedding rings all the time and I never take them off. Maybe this is too much for everyday wear.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
First, what a beautiful set! As for being dirty, I agree that you can quickly wash them and they'll be sparkly again. You may worry less about that over time (I tend to care about how clean my jewelry is when it's brand new but less so over time). As far as damage...will your jeweler replace stone / fix free of charge? If so, then I saw go about your business as you usually do. If something happens, they you'll at least know the limits of its durability and you won't have to suffer too much to get it repaired.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those rings are gorgeous! I wouldn't consider the baguettes any more fragile than the round stones but having said that, I would never wear and bang them around in the house. I don't wear my rings at home, in the yard, in the shower, etc. Maybe you could consider a plain band to wear when doing ordinary household chores - I personally wouldn't even wear a diamond solitaire to do heavy cleaning work. It's just not worth the risk of damaging any stone.

Those rings are truly eye catching though - if this is a new set for you, you might just consider it a new day and a new way to wear and pamper your rings! It's always fun to put my rings on when I'm going out or even at home if I'm not doing heavy housework!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set! I have been wearing my rings 24/7 for 32 years and nothing has ever happened to them. And if it does, that's what insurance is for. I say go for it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like it. I'd be less worried about the baguettes than the pave. Pave just falls out sometimes. Baguettes do break, but I think replacing them is less traumatic than pave issues (at least it is for me).

Keeping baguettes clean is no harder than keeping any stone clean. Take good care of it, soak it in ammonia (depending on the metal this is not something for all metals), hot water and a little dawn (agitate) regularly (every two weeks) and give it a good brushing, especially underneath and between all the stones and around all the prongs and in all the nooks and crannies. And then give it "upkeep" smaller cleanings in between with the toothbrush and some dawn and a soft polishing cloth.

Or get a steam cleaner. They are about a 120 though HighperformanceDiamonds and work like a charm.

I wouldn't wear anything with that much pave and baguettes to bed unless you are one of those rare people that sleeps on their back and wakes up in the same position as they went to sleep in, who doesn't fling their hands about or rustle them in the sheets.

I would not work out or garden in it. Or clean the house, including doing dishes, unless you wear gloves.

But that's standard for pretty much anything with pave.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can get that same setting with less pave... maybe no halo or maybe no rows of pave along the top and bottom, I would think it would hold up better. The baguettes really aren't the issue. It's the pave.
You do have insurance though, and if you get it from a good place with a good warranty and a good bench for repairs it might work out.

bradswife

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions and comments! I really appreciate hearing from you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous set but really couldn't be worn all the time. It increases damage to any ring to be worn all the time, but I'd only choose a plain solitaire or three-stone if you really plan on wearing it all the time.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the rings are gorgeous.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful rings, but I cannot image wearing a set like that 24/7. However I can't imagine anyone not taking off expensive fine jewelry for things like cleaning house, working out at the gym, gardening, etc.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bradswife|1312120394|2981053 said:
I am used to wearing my wedding rings all the time and I never take them off. Maybe this is too much for everyday wear.

Yup. It is. You can be like me if you want, though. Have a wedding band you wear 24/7 and then a set like this that you slip on for special occasions. I have to remember to use the past tense now as I am getting divorced, but for the past 34 years I have been married. For the past 12 or so I have had a fabulous diamond solitaire that I don't want to knock about. I have also had fabulous gold wedding bands I loved to wear. The last one I wore was a 24K hammered gold Gurhan band. I just loved it. Like you, I never took it off for anything. ( And 24K gold held up perfectly, too, by the way. Everyone always worries about the durability of gold, thinking it is soft!)

I took off my wedding band a couple of weeks ago for the first time in over 34 years. I remembered the scene in, "An Unmarried Woman" when Jill Clayburgh does that. I thought I might never take off my wedding band, even after our divorce was finalized (who was going to make me?). I just thought: once married, always married. (And in our case we aren't even legally separated yet!) But I just knew it was time.

Isn't it interesting how someone can come in and take over a perfectly innocuous thread and make it all about him? I do love that baguette ring. I want you to buy the set!!!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I have 2 words for you:

Ultrasonic Cleaner!

:))

then you can have anything you want and it will stay clean. Yay! Oh, and the ring is quite lovely.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Bling bling!

bradswife

Rough_Rock
I'm going to go look at these rings tomorrow again- does anyone have any more concerns? Do you think it is out of style? Halo or no halo?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results