shape
carat
color
clarity

Badly in need of fairydust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
We''re supposed to close on our first house tomorrow morning. The house search has been really frustrating so far -- this is actually the third house that we''ve been under contract on. Everything''s gone really smoothly so far with this one, and we just adore the house. It''s an adorable little cape cod in a nice area of town with a fenced in back yard for Dylan, wood floors, a fireplace, and a lot of natural light.

We''ve been transfering money into our local account, so that we can have a cashier''s check for the closing tomorrow. Hubby''s other bank is out of town, and can''t handle us not being in Virginia. (A signature is not enough for cashier checks, wire transfers, etc. He needs to be there in person.) We had to write a regular check from his account to ours here, which the local bank led us to believe had cleared, leaving more than enough money in our account for the down payment and closing costs. I got the final figures from the lender this afternoon, and went to the local bank to get a cashier''s check for that amount. Well, the funds haven''t cleared after all.
29.gif
And while it was before 5 pm, everyone who might have been able to help us had already gone home for the day. The teller at the local bank said that tomorrow morning, they can get some people on the phone to verify funds and then give us the cashier''s check. Hubby''s POS out of town bank says that it will take several days anyway. Our lender is confident that we can get something to happen if we put enough pressure on them.

In savings at yet another bank, we have enough money to make up the difference from our current balance to funds needed at closing. But it would also take 2-3 days for them to transfer money, so it''s not like that helps.

Ugh. Closing was supposed to be at 9, and we''ve pushed it back to 11. I''m not entirely sure if we can even get the cashier''s check by then though.
38.gif
I''m upset. I''ve heard that stuff always comes up at closing, but still.

Can we please get a good sprinkling of fairy dust?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 5:58:22 PM
Author:Blenheim
We''re supposed to close on our first house tomorrow morning. The house search has been really frustrating so far -- this is actually the third house that we''ve been under contract on. Everything''s gone really smoothly so far with this one, and we just adore the house. It''s an adorable little cape cod in a nice area of town with a fenced in back yard for Dylan, wood floors, a fireplace, and a lot of natural light.

We''ve been transfering money into our local account, so that we can have a cashier''s check for the closing tomorrow. Hubby''s other bank is out of town, and can''t handle us not being in Virginia. (A signature is not enough for cashier checks, wire transfers, etc. He needs to be there in person.) We had to write a regular check from his account to ours here, which the local bank led us to believe had cleared, leaving more than enough money in our account for the down payment and closing costs. I got the final figures from the lender this afternoon, and went to the local bank to get a cashier''s check for that amount. Well, the funds haven''t cleared after all.
29.gif
And while it was before 5 pm, everyone who might have been able to help us had already gone home for the day. The teller at the local bank said that tomorrow morning, they can get some people on the phone to verify funds and then give us the cashier''s check. Hubby''s POS out of town bank says that it will take several days anyway. Our lender is confident that we can get something to happen if we put enough pressure on them.

In savings at yet another bank, we have enough money to make up the difference from our current balance to funds needed at closing. But it would also take 2-3 days for them to transfer money, so it''s not like that helps.

Ugh. Closing was supposed to be at 9, and we''ve pushed it back to 11. I''m not entirely sure if we can even get the cashier''s check by then though.
38.gif
I''m upset. I''ve heard that stuff always comes up at closing, but still.

Can we please get a good sprinkling of fairy dust?

Dust for ya! I''m so sorry, that really sucks.

I suppose this third bank is out of town as well huh? Or could you physically go to it and withdraw the $, then bring it to your new bank to add for the cashier''s check?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
It''s ING, so they don''t have any physical branches.
40.gif

Thanks for the good wishes and for the idea though.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
A hearty dusting being sent your way!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of fairy dust your way. AND keeping my fingers crossed for good measure!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending buckets of PS dust. Best wishes
12.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly, Kaleigh, and Skippy -- thanks so much.

I think we''re going to go on a walk to clear our heads. It''s not like we can get any banking stuff done after 6 pm anyway.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
*fairydust*fairydust*fairydust* !!!

I hope this gets taken care of quickly!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Blen, you poor thing! Hopefully it will all get straightened out tomorrow morning and you'll have the keys in your hand by noon. Big *POOF* of dust coming your way from The Real Estate Fairy!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Lots of fairy dust for you! Wishing you the best!
5.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky dust sent!

I hope everything goes well for you guys, Liz. I saw your pictures and the house is PERFECT. What a great place to get started out in.
9.gif
I will keep my fingers crossed for you so that the banks pull through.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Firegoddess, DeeJay, Anchor, and Equestrienne -- thanks for all of your good wishes.

Equestrienne, I''m actually glad that the first two places fell through, because this place is so wonderful for us. I guess it does all work out in the end. I''ll have to post pictures here sometime over the weekend. The next few days will be pretty hectic, but I''ll do it as soon as I can!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
WE''RE HOMEOWNERS!!!!! More later -- we''re going to go eat lunch in the new house.
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 1:03:57 PM
Author: Blenheim
WE''RE HOMEOWNERS!!!!! More later -- we''re going to go eat lunch in the new house.
9.gif
yah!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
I am so happy for you
9.gif
Congrats!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 1:03:57 PM
Author: Blenheim
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Yahoo! Congrats, Liz! I am so excited for you guys!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i came here to sprinkle some sparkly dust, but sounds like you don''t need it! CONGRATS on your new home! what a relief huh?
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A huge heartfelt congrats to you and your man, Blenheim!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Congratulations!!! Now a word of advice...get your accounts consolidated at a local bank. We do have some accounts at more than one place, but we have the bulk of accessible money all at one place. I can access the accounts online and transfer money 24/7. That has come in handy at times our kids were in college and had a money emergency. It is important to be able to access money immediately sometimes, as you have found out!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everybody!

Diamondseeker, we''ve been meaning to for a while and I think that this is going to be the push to consolidate. We''re also closing the three accounts (yes, three) that we have in Virginia banks and transfering all of the money up here.

I have some house pictures!

This is the living room, but since the house doesn''t have a formal dining room I think that we''re going to use this room as one.

IMG_0243B.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
The downstairs hallway

IMG_0242B.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I think that this will be our bedroom.

IMG_0245B.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to use this bedroom as an office.

IMG_0251B.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Looking from the kitchen into the family room. We need to add some color to the kitchen -- everything is white or beige.

IMG_0246B.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Our backyard. Dylan was having a blast tearing around outside.

IMG_0223B.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOOHOO, congrats Blenheim!!! I am so glad everything worked out for you guys!!! Looks like a fabulous house. Your back yard is sooo pretty!!! Dylan already looks like he approves!!!
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
missed this thread the first time around but so happy for you that you''re now homeowners. your house looks beautiful...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, your new place is absolutely charming, and Dylan looks like he''s having the time of his life! Congrats to you and J on your wonderful home!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! That is awesome that it all worked out! Your pup looks soooooo happy in that big backyard!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The house looks wonderful! I love the hardwood floors! You''ll have such fun decorating!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results