shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad week Thus far

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday SO''s mom called, she has a pekingnese younger dog, who got out and got hit by a car. So far they''ve only found fractures. Today SO''s mom called to tell us that her older dog Glamour passed away in her sleep while she was at work (SO''s younger sister was home). It''s cold and I''m getting sick. AND I drove all the way to class yesterday and my professor didn''t show. Rough week. Any suggestions to brighten it?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif
... yuck!
Date: 2/3/2009 5:38:01 PM
Author:dragonfly411
Any suggestions to brighten it?
American Idol is on tonight & its "Hollywood Week"!!! May make brownies in its honor ... brownies have been known to take the edge off ...? Brownies maybe? Hot bath? Giant mug of milky tea? Call a friend you''ve been meaning to catch up w/ & ask only about her life?

**hugs**

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Although the bath sounds nice it''s a no can do. Just had my belly button pierced so no bubbles
7.gif
We have to go help bury her anyways. I might call a friend though, and maybe ice cream? Thank you deco btw

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww....I''m sorry for the rough week. I had a couple of rough weeks (just about a couple of weeks ago myself!) My wonderful boyfriend put a few of my favorite comedian DVD''s in and we watched and laughed. It helped if only for a while to brighten my spirits.....(oh, he also rented some diamond DVD''s. How awesome is that!?)

I hope things start to brigten up for you very soon!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the suggestions of comedy - a favorite funny movie maybe? Or just a comforting and familiar one that makes you smile?

I always enjoy re-reading a favorite book, so that's another thought. And I think calling a friend is a great idea.

I'm sorry you're having such a bad week - that sounds really rough. I hope it gets better!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Red wine and a couple hours of online shopping for future belly button bling?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh....found some things here .

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry! A bottle of pomagranate wine with a touch of Sprite!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
That''s so sad about the dogs! And I''m sorry about your bad week
7.gif

So three step plan to feel at least a little better (well my three-step plan anyway!):

1) Buy a bottle of wine or sparkling, and some nice chocolates
2) Change into PJs, flop onto couch, pull blanket over you
3) Grab good book, pour wine, and eat that box of chocolates
1.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you''re having a bad week. You know what, there''s something wrong with this darned week-it seems like everyone is having such a hard time!
What I usually do is browse the internet for cute pics, beautiful sceneries, sparklies and such. Then I watch a silly comedy, eat junk food, drink a martini or two and sleep as much as I can. A kiss and a hug from a loved one also helps
1.gif

Oh and congrats on the new belly button ring! I know it may be a little uncomfortable in the first few days, but it actually heals amazingly fast and soon you forget it''s even there!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry about the doggies sweetheart, lets hope the pekie makes a good recovery!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear about your rough week, but it is only Weds, so it has to get better from here! ((HUGS))

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the well wishes. Last night I didn''t get to relax much because we had to go to the old dog''s funeral
7.gif
. I got a work out in which helped with frustration though. Tonight will be a relaxing night, and my mom is coming over for dinner which is nice. The Pekingnese''s name is KIKI and she has a fractured pelvis which has to heal on it''s own, and they''re watching her for spinal nerve damage because she isn''t pulling her front end up at all. She won''t be home until she''s eating and drinking as well.
I love the chocolate and wine idea, and the good movie, maybe we''ll find one tonight.

Thanks for the belly button ideas too! It''s still a little red and sore if it gets rubbed a lot (IE my night shirts), but it seems to be doing well otherwise, not nearly as tender, and most of the time I don''t feel it.

It''s like 30 degrees.... in Florida.... omg!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results