shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Mayachel...Help me find a dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Some how I managed to procrastinate longer than I should have for finding a dress for my fiance''s sister''s wedding. Which is happening, oh...3 weekends from now.

I''d love a classy looking medium length dress, with some color. I tend to think that monochrome looks more dressy, though I''m open.

I have searched Macy''s and Lord and Taylor...so much of it was not appropriate for a member of the immediate family (too sexy, or too young).

Of course tonight, I fell in love with a jim hjelm dress...but even with a rush order, there is a 6 week wait. That''s three more weeks than I have
39.gif
38.gif

I am in NYC so surely there is a place I can buy something off the rack, that is age appropriate for a 28yo and classy enough for the grandparents and photos that are sure to be around for years to come.

I''m also open to getting quick tailoring done.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
This is the dress I''d have gotten if I had started looking a month ago...

5940.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you EBree, I''m not sure it is formal enough. My fiance will be in a tux. What do you think?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:00:38 AM
Author: mayachel
Thank you EBree, I''m not sure it is formal enough. My fiance will be in a tux. What do you think?

You want to be completely comfortable, so skip it if you have any doubts.

What are you looking for, shape-wise and budget-wise? Do you like halters? Prefer the dress has straps? A certain material to look for or stay away from?

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Time of event?
Budget for dress?
Preferred colors?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
sale dresses at Barrie Pace. There''s a coupon code on the BP home page for half off all sale stuff.

Also dresses at Bloomies.

Do you want cocktail length, or longer?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Yeah... That''s entirely possible.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I''ve never heard of barri''s place. Very excited for a new place to stalk for deals. Thanks Mercoledi.

Budget-$200 or under
Color-open
Cocktail length, elegant

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 11:00:38 AM
Author: mayachel

Is he in a tux because he''s in the wedding party, or because all of the male guests will be in tuxes? If its the former, then I think the Sophia (or similar) is fine; if the latter, then I agree you should go dressier.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
He''s in a tux in the wedding party, but I also believe most of the men in attendance will be sporting one.

I''m also anticipating that even though I''m not in the bridal party, I''ll be regularly photographed being a soon to be member of the family (and welcomed with open arms).

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree you are GOOD at this game. I love all of these dresses. I may get the Ralph Lauren one, just because it''s a good price.

In fact, I picked out a Donna Ricco dress! I hadn''t realized the similarities, but now that you mention it...

I will try to post pics soon.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I love it.

greendressgoddess.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
And just for good measure, so that I don''t do this again in a month with the rest of our spring weddings...(The straps need to be shortened, so please forgive the low cut)

CIMG4478.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
woah, sorry that is so huge. I don''t know why.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, EBree, you ARE super-good at this game! Can I beg you in advance to help me out the next time I post a "help me find a dress" topic on PS???
2.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Mayachel, may I ask where you purchased the green dress you posted? It''s Donna Ricco? (SOOOOO cute, and cute on you. Love the color!)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 3:11:27 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
Wow, EBree, you ARE super-good at this game! Can I beg you in advance to help me out the next time I post a ''help me find a dress'' topic on PS???
2.gif

Thank you both!
1.gif
I''m always happy to help.

maya, I think the green one looks great on you. I''m not sure how I feel about the red one, mostly because a) you have an arm raised and b) the straps aren''t tailored to the length you''d like. I''m sure it''d also look great after the strap-shortening.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies.

The green dress is the Donna Ricco, the Red dress has had the label removed...so no ideas.

I purchased them from a boutique in my neighborhood called "Serene Rose". Also, I saw that Nordstrom carries the DR, in three other colors, blue, teal and brown but I haven''t found it in green on any of the websites. One of the great things about the green dress, is that the straps are adjustable, like a satin bra strap.

Sorry about the arms up in the air pose--that was part of the whole keeping the straps up so I could send the photo to a friend.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I LURVE the green dress! Must. Find. One.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results