shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Luck?

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Planned and paid for a trip a year ago (DH Birthday) to Old San Juan for the weekend, continuing on a cruise.
Looks bleak (8/30-9/8..3 couples:cry2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All you have to do it get on the ship. The captain will handle the rest.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Not clear on why the thread is called bad luck? Is something going on in San Juan?

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
Hurricane Dorian. I believe will be hitting Puerto Rico. Don’t they usually reroute cruise ships?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear i feared as much
ships can sale away from a storm and find shelter but the people who life in Puerto Rico have already suffered so much from mother nature from the last time i feel very worried for them

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t wish any harm to anyone. I’m just hoping that the forecast
is somewhat exaggerated, the Weather Chanel hosts sometimes
act “orgasmic” over tropical storms/ hurricanes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t wish any harm to anyone. I’m just hoping that the forecast
is somewhat exaggerated, the Weather Chanel hosts sometimes
act “orgasmic” over tropical storms/ hurricanes.

They're highly ... entertaining at the weather channel. lol

No, dorian is really being a bear. Listen, you would NOT want to be there during the aftermath, Puerto Rico is precarious as it is; the electrical grid is really for shit. It will be a Tropical Storm when it hits there.

Even without trip insurance you should be able to reschedule this trip (speak to the airlines, et al) If you're leaving out of Florida, well, we're getting a hurricane so you won't be able to make it anyway.

Its disappointing sure, but best that you're not going to be in the middle of it. If interested, I have a thread about Dorian that I'll continue to update. No clown noses in that thread, promise :mrgreen2:

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
They're highly ... entertaining at the weather channel. lol

No, dorian is really being a bear. Listen, you would NOT want to be there during the aftermath, Puerto Rico is precarious as it is; the electrical grid is really for shit. It will be a Tropical Storm when it hits there.

Even without trip insurance you should be able to reschedule this trip (speak to the airlines, et al) If you're leaving out of Florida, well, we're getting a hurricane so you won't be able to make it anyway.

Its disappointing sure, but best that you're not going to be in the middle of it. If interested, I have a thread about Dorian that I'll continue to update. No clown noses in that thread, promise :mrgreen2:

We have trip insurance. Will the Travel Agent contact us?
I don’t want to be in the middle of it! We were supposed to fly into
Old San Juan Friday night from Atlanta. Thanks for the info.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last 2 falls I've gone with a friend to the beach, invariably a hurricane wipes out the area where we are visiting (hurricane Matthew, irma, Florence). Matthew was the worst (half the hotel closed, roads flooded and closed, Florence wasn't bad at all, travel-wise.
To the extent when we were planning a late September get together this year, I relocated it from Myrtle beach to Virginia (Williamsburg) to try change our luck!

Hopefully they will give you option to reschedule trip, I don't know how they do that with cruise ships...

Last edited:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvallgems, I would not count on them contacting you. I would contact them and find out what your options are. You may have to contact again when the storm is closer and there is more information.

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
The last 2 falls I've gone with a friend to the beach, invariably a hurricane wipes out the area where we are visiting (hurricane Matthew, irma, Florence). Matthew was the worst (half the hotel closed, roads flooded and closed, Florence wasn't bad at all, travel-wise.
To the extent when we were planning a late September get together this year, I relocated it from Myrtle beach to Virginia (Williamsburg) to try change our luck!

Hopefully they will give you option to reschedule trip, I don't know how they do that with cruise ships...
Thanks for the info! My SIL is the contact person for the TA. My DH
off work for quite a few days (rare). We can come up with Plan B!

Reactions: AV_

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Luvallgems Do call travel agent (I'm glad you have trip insurance) because you will likely need to invoke it. There's also not much you can do if you can't fly there right?

Anyway sorry that your plans have to be rescheduled, it does indeed suck when you've been looking forward to something for a while. is it possible that considering the stuff going on with your trip that maybe your husband can change vacation time/plans. Not like its his fault this happened.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have trip insurance. Will the Travel Agent contact us?
I don’t want to be in the middle of it! We were supposed to fly into
Old San Juan Friday night from Atlanta. Thanks for the info.

Go check the bulletin boards at cruise critic for your cruise line. If it’s royal Caribbean, they never reschedule or reroute and trip insurance won’t cover it unless you have cancel for any reason, and once you are within 3 days, you usually can’t do anything.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Luvallgems Do call travel agent (I'm glad you have trip insurance) because you will likely need to invoke it. There's also not much you can do if you can't fly there right?

Anyway sorry that your plans have to be rescheduled, it does indeed suck when you've been looking forward to something for a while. is it possible that considering the stuff going on with your trip that maybe your husband can change vacation time/plans. Not like its his fault this happened.

Right, she will only be able to use the insurance IF the airline or cruise line cancels or changes.

I am cruising in about 2.5 weeks. Gotta love cruising during hurricane season!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results