shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad hair day ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for ideas on a hat to wear on the weekends (when I don''t feel like doing much with my hair). My hair is long (past my shoulders), dark and naturally curly. I currently wear the baseball cap style with a low ponytail. I have a black polo hat with the simple pony emblem that I''ve worn like this for years. Any better, more fashionable ideas for a weekend look to go with jeans and ribbed, fitted turtleneck sweaters?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can''t offer hat suggestions but what about the new skinny headbands that are all the rage now. they do a fab job of taking hair and making it look presentable. by sleeking the hair back from your face in a way that makes it look more polished. a cute way to do it is with the hair in a low bun and then the headband catches the wisps and makes it look sleek. or hair in a ponytail with headband.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Mara. I love that look. I haven''t experimented much with my hair, but maybe I''ll give that a try. I have layers ALL through my hair and there will still be a lot of loose hair between the headband and the low ponytail or bun if you know what I mean. Hats are great because I can just pin all the layers on top and then have a nice long curly ponytail.

I have Nike hats in multiple colors for the gym and a couple polo hats like I mentioned. Just wondering if there was another idea for an ok look with a hat.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I have long naturally curly hair, too and sometimes it can be a real hassle. But one thing that works is putting it in two braids and wear a hat with it and it only takes about five minutes out of my day. I also find that if I shower at night and just put it in one braid I can wake up the next morning, take the braid out and put some hairspray on my hair and just go. It stays untangled and I don''t have to do any work to make it look nice. Hope that helped a little bit! I always sympathize with ladies who have curly hair like me, it takes dedication, haha.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE a beret with a skinny turtleneck! I bet it would look great with long ,curly hair--I myself have long straight hair, but I think either way it would look chic. I know you are wanting something casual, but I think a fun, knit beret in a solid color is always cute. Especially with a turtleneck that hits you at the lower hip with some jeans tucked into high boots?! Non?
9.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked at any online stores? How about www.villagehatshop.com - I think the Betmar fisherman''s hat is a great looking cap- like an oldfashioned newspaper boy style.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yes lisa, anyone seen sienna miller wearing the kind of newsboy cap style with the big bill? those are totally in all the mags on celebs right now.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I really like the weathered cadet style hats. I ordered one from Label 360 (site below). You can wear them with your hair in a ponytail, or with your hair down.

www.label360.com

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
On my bad hair days, I usually pull it up in a high ponytail and pop in one of those skinny headbands in the front. It really adds a sleek look to any outfit. And it takes what? 2 mins to put it together. Sometimes I''ll gel or mousse the front a little so it''s extra shiny, only if I got an extra 2 mins in the morning.

I''m not a morning person, so I take only 30 mins to get ready, that includes brushing teeth, washing face, makeup, hair, getting dressed and getting out the door! Hee. So 4 mins for my hair is quite a lot.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results