carat
color
clarity

Backlash against the backlash against Political Correctness

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Backlash against the backlash against Political Correctn

Thanks for sharing kenny - loved the article and the points he makes.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Backlash against the backlash against Political Correctn

Hi,

I think one of his premises is off. Most, I would think just feel that 11 +3 million illegal immigrants is far too much. This author wants us to learn to be adults. Did we learn that giving amnesty to 3 million under Reagan would become an open door policy for 11 million more. There were many who warned this would happen. Now, is it politically incorrect to say, no more illegals?. There will no wall built. but securing the border is important--not politically incorrect.

In fact, the political correctness that has dominated some circles has led to suppression of speech, the public discourse of finding solutions, and a complete over sensitivity of individuals about nothings at all. A great example--Prof grading grammar for grad students. My son took a speech course where his teacher was accused of being racist against an Indian woman from India. The purpose of taking a course is to be evaluated. She couldn't take the criticism, so said the teacher was racist.

Our school system suffers from this as well. No critics allowed. Racism abounds as a response to almost anything. Poor black people can't even feed their children breakfast. How do you expect these same helpless people to educate their children? Racist, right? Except I'm not. I really do care about those kids, but we will get nowhere until our judgement about what is politically incorrect changes. Political Correctness, as a term, says it all. No one else could be right.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results