shape
carat
color
clarity

Back - with updates

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
So, I've been MIA for quite awhile.

SO's dad passed away in June. So many ups and downs for him since then, but we've been journeying though everything together and he's doing so much better now, especially considering the circumstances. Unfortunately, they hadn't spoken in quite a long time and I never had the opportunity to meet his father.

Anyway, without going into too much detail, priorities have shifted and perspectives have changed since then. He'd wanted to go away as planned in July, but I thought he needed more time before trying to do anything big like proposing. I did go with him to pick up the ring, as it came in the weekend after everything happened. (Did not look at it.. still haven't seen it!) I told him to please take his time, and not to feel like he has to do something by a certain date.

So that is where we are today. Oh, and also looking for a house! We ended up inheriting a large number of books and other things from his dad, so we hope to display them all in the new place.

audball

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time. It's so great that you've been so supportive of him during this tough time. We're here to talk when you need to.

The house search is very exciting! I hope you find the perfect one!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, gatorblue, I'm sorry for your loss. I think you've been handling it beautifully, and he's lucky to have you supporting him.

House hunting sounds like an amazing step in your relationship, and I'm glad that once you find one, you can celebrate your SOs father with all his keepsakes

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*hugs*

*BIG hugs*

I'm sorry you guys have had some bad times. You sound so amazingly supportive. You're such a good GF. Good luck with house hunting :)) Houses dwarf e-rings/proposals. Being home owners is like, super big news!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
aw honey I am so sorry to hear about SO's dad...sounds like he has a great support system and holy moly a house!! that is so exciting. lots of dust your way that everything settles down soon!

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the support, ladies. I really appreciate it!

It really has been a crazy few months. But although we're in our late 20s and have been together for 4 years (anniversary in a few wks!), this was the first major crisis we dealt with together (other than both being laid off right after we met, but that's another story for another day). And it really did bring us closer together and made me realize that we're doing the right thing here. Definitely the man I want to marry. He is an amazing person. I wish his dad could be around to see us get married someday, but I know somehow he's watching.

Regarding the house thing, we are under contract and all that's left is the appraisal. But I don't want to jinx it so I haven't packed a single thing OR told my landlord (we're not under a lease, though). Thank you for the dust! Keeping our fingers crossed as tightly as possible. ;))

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
******DUSt**********!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results