shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to the Drawing Board...which diamond???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrjobs

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I''m a newbie and would like to seek your help on the following diamonds that i''ve shortlisted. As it is, I''ve done the requisite readings on the 4Cs but am still a little unsure, particularly when it comes to analysing ASET or idealscope images for spotting dugged/ painted girdles. I''ll really appreciate it if you could offer your opinions/ thoughts on which of these diamonds that you''ll pick:

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1991228.htm#

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5733/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4967/

My sincere thanks (in advance)!!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 3:04:38 AM
Author: strmrdr
cut wise they are all 3 good.

I would go with the 3rd one and pocket the 1k price difference or put it towards the setting.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4967/
Welcome Mr Jobs!

And ditto the gentleman above, they all look good and you might want to take a look at his selection also.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thritto on #3. However, if it was me, I''d drop to G to get more size. No one will be able to tell the difference, G is fine at almost any size.
28.gif

And Lore, strm just reposted #3.
41.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 8:11:11 AM
Author: Ellen
Thritto on #3. However, if it was me, I''d drop to G to get more size. No one will be able to tell the difference, G is fine at almost any size.
28.gif

And Lore, strm just reposted #3.
41.gif
Blast - so he did! I got confustulated!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 8:14:37 AM
Author: Lorelei

9.gif
Love it, will have to remember that!
9.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 8:22:59 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/29/2009 8:14:37 AM
Author: Lorelei

9.gif
Love it, will have to remember that!
9.gif
2.gif
It just popped into my mind!!
9.gif
11.gif

RBsearch

Rough_Rock
All three look nice, but I would consider dropping both color and clarity to either increase size or just decrease the cost. As Ellen recommends, G is a good color to aim for. Similarly, SI1 is a good clarity to shoot for if the vendor can verify that it is eye-clean. Why pay for what you can''t see? Of course, you may have your own reasons for choosing E VS1, and that''s fine too.

mrjobs

Rough_Rock
Hey fellas, thanks for your inputs. I really appreciate it
1.gif

To be honest, I''m pretty much inclined towards the rock from WF cos of the price and preference for an AGS grade cut. Nonetheless, i understand that AGS adopts a relatively tolerant position on diamonds with painted girdles; hence the nagging concern of painted girdles on the WF diamond. To be sure, I''ve ran a check on the ASET image and it doesn''t seem to be an issue. I''ll really appreciate it If there''s anyone who can offer a 2nd opinion on this pls.

The other concern that I have is on clarity. The AGS cert indicates that there are clouds that are not shown. What does that mean and should that be a cause for concern?
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 11:06:10 AM
Author: mrjobs
Hey fellas, thanks for your inputs. I really appreciate it
1.gif

To be honest, I'm pretty much inclined towards the rock from WF cos of the price and preference for an AGS grade cut. Nonetheless, i understand that AGS adopts a relatively tolerant position on diamonds with painted girdles; hence the nagging concern of painted girdles on the WF diamond. To be sure, I've ran a check on the ASET image and it doesn't seem to be an issue. I'll really appreciate it If there's anyone who can offer a 2nd opinion on this pls.

The other concern that I have is on clarity. The AGS cert indicates that there are clouds that are not shown. What does that mean and should that be a cause for concern?
33.gif
No cause for concern " not shown" usually means a non issue and is just mentioned for the sake of completeness. Also no worries on a top cut WF ACA diamond with any aspect of the cut in this case, it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results