carat
color
clarity

Back Tap on IPhones

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all,

I saw this post on IG today about the back tap feature, I wasn’t aware of it. This is a feature on IPhones from 8 through 11 Pro Max running IOS 14. As an example, you can set the back tap option to lock your phone by tapping on the back of the phone instead of pressing the button on the side. There are many options though for what you can use with back tap.

You can read more about it here:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok just plain weird...I was reading this on my laptop and locked at my phone and now tips about the ios 14 popped up on there....lol freaks me out sometimes

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah. I use the back tap! So cool to learn new things in tech!

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I use it for screenshots and for the calculate tip shortcut!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nanogirl came up with a script to use the back tap to automatically open the Government Covid check-in app which they're trying to get everyone to use more widely - usage has dropped away significantly since we've not got community transmission and everyone is becoming too casual about it. It's quite cool! I had no idea about some of those accessibility options.

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had back tap set up initially to take a screenshot, but I learned that I inadvertently tap the back of my phone my accident multiple times a day, just in my regular handling of it! I had so many accidental photos of my home screen!!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a goose.
I have an Apple Watch. I’ve had it a while. A lady picking up some plants I was rehoming received a phone call and answered it using her Apple Watch.
I was amazed.
What model is that ? I asked.
Same as yours she replied.
Wow. Who knew. Seriously this is a fabulous thing. I hear my phone ringing and I struggle to find in the abyss that is my handbag before it goes to voicemail.
now I can just tap my watch. Woo Hoo.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know how I didn’t know about this feature. Then again the 11Pro has an amazing camera and it’s pretty much a guarantee I’m not utilizing its full potential.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results