shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from vacation..

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
With no proposal. I'm not too surprised, especially since I knew there would not be enough time for them to have the ring completed before we left, BUT I was hoping!! lol. Eventhough there was no proposal, we did talk about it on the cruise (the couple we ended up sitting with every night for dinner got engaged on the cruise, so that prompted our conversation about ours). We talked about him telling my parents and best friend about his proposal and he told me that non of them knew about it because they would tell me (he knows EVERYONE so well lol). I asked him if he asked my dad for my hand yet and he wouldn't budge; he is like stone! He said he wasn't going to tell me because then I would know it's coming. I tried the whole, "Um, we picked out the diamond and setting, I know it's coming", but NOTHING! When I asked him how long he planned on holding onto the ring, he said, "As long as I want (laughing); It's kind of funny seeing you squirm". NOT FUNNY! UGH MEN! So, unfortunately, I am back without an engagement story, but I'm happy for those who came off the list while I was gone!! Congrats to you all!!! :appl:

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
OrchidVee|1313359570|2990794 said:
With no proposal. I'm not too surprised, especially since I knew there would not be enough time for them to have the ring completed before we left, BUT I was hoping!! lol. Eventhough there was no proposal, we did talk about it on the cruise (the couple we ended up sitting with every night for dinner got engaged on the cruise, so that prompted our conversation about ours). We talked about him telling my parents and best friend about his proposal and he told me that non of them knew about it because they would tell me (he knows EVERYONE so well lol). I asked him if he asked my dad for my hand yet and he wouldn't budge; he is like stone! He said he wasn't going to tell me because then I would know it's coming. I tried the whole, "Um, we picked out the diamond and setting, I know it's coming", but NOTHING! When I asked him how long he planned on holding onto the ring, he said, "As long as I want (laughing); It's kind of funny seeing you squirm". NOT FUNNY! UGH MEN! So, unfortunately, I am back without an engagement story, but I'm happy for those who came off the list while I was gone!! Congrats to you all!!! :appl:

Although I do not know much about you or your story (since I just joined), I am sorry to hear no ring! I probably would have been anxious that whole time knowing that the ring was picked out! My bf has been making jokes about how long he can hold on to the ring too! Hopefully we both aren't waiting too long! I hope you had fun on the cruise though!!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear there wasn't a ring, but seems you two are going to get there soon enough!!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
jlp86|1313363231|2990821 said:

Although I do not know much about you or your story (since I just joined), I am sorry to hear no ring! I probably would have been anxious that whole time knowing that the ring was picked out! My bf has been making jokes about how long he can hold on to the ring too! Hopefully we both aren't waiting too long! I hope you had fun on the cruise though!!

Why do they think mocking us about holding onto the ring is funny??? It must be in their DNA or something!! Haha. I hope you aren't waiting a long time either!

We had a great time!!!! I wish I was back on that boat right now! We did put down a deposit for our next cruise (since they give you great deals on the ship for future cruises) instead of actually booking one since we don't know when we will be cruising next. My bf did agree that it would be a good idea to do it so we could use it for our honeymoon if we chose to! I reallllly want to take a cruise to Europe!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
centralsquare|1313364182|2990831 said:
Sorry to hear there wasn't a ring, but seems you two are going to get there soon enough!!

I hope so!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

It sounds like he wants to do his best to make the proposal a surprise- and if he did it on the cruise you would have almost expected it. I hope it does come soon though!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
OrchidVee|1313372984|2990916 said:
Why do they think mocking us about holding onto the ring is funny??? It must be in their DNA or something!! Haha. I hope you aren't waiting a long time either!

We had a great time!!!! I wish I was back on that boat right now! We did put down a deposit for our next cruise (since they give you great deals on the ship for future cruises) instead of actually booking one since we don't know when we will be cruising next. My bf did agree that it would be a good idea to do it so we could use it for our honeymoon if we chose to! I reallllly want to take a cruise to Europe!

I know! It is just a guy thing! Its a game to them!

Thats awesome you have that cruise to use as your honeymoon. My bf and I both really want to take a cruise to Europe as well. I think that would be amazing! You should definitely try to use that cruise you have for that!!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1313405587|2991090 said:

It sounds like he wants to do his best to make the proposal a surprise- and if he did it on the cruise you would have almost expected it. I hope it does come soon though!

He definitely does!!! I love that he wants to surprise me! I'm sure whatever he comes up with will be amazing!!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry the proposal didn't happen, but I'm glad you had a lovely vacation!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain OrchidVee - my SO and i picked the stone and setting a while back and now im waiting. We were in the Caribbean in May and he didnt do it then, and recently he made some comment about how it would have already happened but they took too long to finish it ;( damn jewellers!!

Im hoping in the next month, i cant take much more of this - its so tiring keeping my nails nice :bigsmile:

Fingers crossed yours comes soon too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results