shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Hawaii!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi again, everyone! It has been so nice to pop in and see a few more engagements along the holidays!

We just flew in from Hawaii this evening. The whole trip was (of course) beautiful. We were there with his parents (a little awkward) so of course this was not optimal time for a proposal or even engagement talk--which was probably a good thing to take our minds off of all of it! The last three months have been filled with hinting back and forth, frustration, "those" talks and, eventually, ring shopping. The past three weeks have been virtually free of all that!

So, as I quickly mentioned in the other thread, the ring is ordered and all there is for me to do is wait! The break has been good to put my mind in perspective and not feel so harried about the whole thing. Hopefully I will stay in that mindframe until the actual proposal!

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback and support that I have found here. Stay tuned, our anniversary is Jan. 21 so I might be showing up with some sparkly pics around then! (Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!
31.gif
)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear you had a good trip! Here''s to some sparkly soon!
9.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, Musey, welcome back! Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. Which island did you go to? Keeping my fingers crossed for Jan 21st for you ;-)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks anchor and IO for the well-wishes!!

We went to Oahu (of course), Maui and Kauai. Maui was definitely my favorite! We did the "road to Hana" and had so much fun hiking and swimming under the waterfalls. I have to admit--bf and I scoured citysearch.com for good local Hawaiian food (and malasadas!) the night we returned!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Did you per chance go to Lumaha''i Beach while on Kauai? I am considering that beach as our wedding spot and would like to hear first hand from anyone who has actually been there!
emsmile.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! That is the one from "South Pacific," right? It was beautiful, but we couldn''t swim due to rip current advisories (I don''t know if this is a seasonal thing for this beach). The two days we were on the island were very windy so the waves were HUGE, and very loud, but that is a seasonal thing for sure.

Makua/Tunnels beach is a little further west, and has beautiful views of the mountains (as well as permanent facilities). All of the north shore beaches were beautiful!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Keeping fingers crossed for the 21st. I am in the UK and have become addicted to this site. The one thing I have found interesting is that a lot of people choose rings/stones, so they know their other half is going to propose, just not when and how. Is this normal/usual. Here, it is generally a complete surprise, and very often a ring is purchased after the proposal. Sadly the stones are generally not as big as the US ones either. I would like to think if I ever get married again, I will buck that trend!
9.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 2:18:38 AM
Author: musey
Yes! That is the one from ''South Pacific,'' right? It was beautiful, but we couldn''t swim due to rip current advisories (I don''t know if this is a seasonal thing for this beach). The two days we were on the island were very windy so the waves were HUGE, and very loud, but that is a seasonal thing for sure.

Makua/Tunnels beach is a little further west, and has beautiful views of the mountains (as well as permanent facilities). All of the north shore beaches were beautiful!
Thanks, Musey! Yes, that''s the same beach. From the pics it looks like there are some black (lava?) rocks, which is the scenery I am looking for. I love the contrast of the white sandy beach, black rocks and turquois waters!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 6:29:43 AM
Author: Samantha Red
The one thing I have found interesting is that a lot of people choose rings/stones, so they know their other half is going to propose, just not when and how.
I definitely think that it's NOT normal or usual. At least not for the people I know in "real life". It is more usual to have a ring at the time of the proposal, which is probably why many of the women (and men, too) on pricescope end up wanting to pick out the ring together (because we know too well what we want and, more importantly, don't want!)

I think the norm here is still for the guy to pick it out himself, unbeknownst to his girlfriend, and propose (just like you all across the pond!). We girls who are addicted to PS manage to weasel our way in to the e-ring buying process so we get what we know we want!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 12:41:44 PM
Author: musey

Date: 1/9/2007 6:29:43 AM
Author: Samantha Red
The one thing I have found interesting is that a lot of people choose rings/stones, so they know their other half is going to propose, just not when and how.
I definitely think that it''s NOT normal or usual. At least not for the people I know in ''real life''. It is more usual to have a ring at the time of the proposal, which is probably why many of the women (and men, too) on pricescope end up wanting to pick out the ring together (because we know too well what we want and, more importantly, don''t want!)

I think the norm here is still for the guy to pick it out himself, unbeknownst to his girlfriend, and propose (just like you all across the pond!). We girls who are addicted to PS manage to weasel our way in to the e-ring buying process so we get what we know we want!
I would be mortified if my BF bought a ring without my involvement. That to me would be so much fun and I would hate to be denied trying on lots and lots of rings. Sometimes I go into jewellers and do it anyway. I love to watch assistants squirm in the mass market places when I start asking the most basic questions about clarity, colour and carat size. He is well aware of my feelings on the issue. A couple of friends bought their wives erings first and they were happy, but not me!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to give a quick update, because it's always fun for me to fill in whoever wants to read...

BF has been giving a lot of "mushy" talk lately, so I think the proposal is on his mind. He's always a pretty romantic/mushy guy, but the his conversation-starters lately are things like "Our kids will be SO good looking" (haha) and "do we have to invite so-and-so to our wedding?" All very nice things to hear out-of-the-blue!

blush.png

HOWEVER--I was pulling for an anniversary proposal (which would be tomorrow) but he hasn't heard anything from Vatche about the ring!!!
15.gif
(And he's not trying to throw me off--we went through a whole "well, do you want me to tell you about these things? really? " conversation, haha.) They recieved the stone around December 20 and at the time said it would be done mid-January, so I was hoping for at least an update from them last week. Bummer!

I really shouldn't be complaining, though, because I'm finally at a place where I know that the single thing holding him back from proposing is the ring--not even picking it, or paying for it, just getting it in the mail. It's a nice feeling.

Hopefully it will come soon, on both counts!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Goo dnews, Musey! It shouldn''t be long now!

BTW, Happy Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results