shape
carat
color
clarity

Back from Greece!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a thing for cool doors, and green is my favorite color. I couldn''t resist.

PS - 38aaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
See! I really was on Santorini!

Pictures with only me in them always seem so strange, but there were just two of us walking around together (we needed a break from the little darlings).

PS - 39aaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t imagine that another country exists with more beautiful churches than Greece.

PS - 40aaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our hour of heaven--a beautiful cafe on the edge of Santorini. Everything was gorgeous there, including the waiter (too bad I didn''t get a shot of him).

This shot really shows how perfectly rested I felt at that moment.

PS - 41aaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew I forgot something in my brief summary--we went to Cape Sounion. This was a pretty little tree on the edge of the cape.

PS - 42aaaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the city of Epidavros. I can''t tell you how much I loved it there. We were the only tourists, and the town was really alive because Greece was playing Russia in the World Cup.

PS - 43aaaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another great shot of the Greek flag in Epidavros.

PS - 44aaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We stayed in a FABULOUS little hotel in Pylos. Our balconies were literally overlooking the ocean. It was perfect.

PS - 45aaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last shot to share. This was also in Pylos. One of my colleagues went walking out on the rocks and I caught a great shot of his silhouette all the way out there. The kids were building sand-versions of ancient ruins on the beach to my left. They were an unbelievable group. And we found the key to making them happy--put them on a beach and they turn into seven-year-olds again.

PS - 46aaaaaaa.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s it!

I wish I could share the pictures of our kids in the airport on the way home. I had 28 kids with me, and all but four of them fell to the floor once we reached our gate and slept for the hour that we had to wait before we boarded the plane. No shame. It was hilarious.

Thanks for looking! I feel so lucky to have been able to take this trip. I wonder what we should plan for next summer . . .

Kalispera!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Haven. Your pics are amazing. I especially love the green door. (I have a thing for weird things in general-and now you've got me wanting to have a bright green door in my future!)

I have a friend who is full blooded Greek (Her first and middle names are totally mangled by our professors and her middle name is Aekaterini) and she was raised on Cyprus and still has lots of family there. I hope I can convince her to take me to visit one day!!

Ok, to bed with me. I'm almost talking gibberish!

(And how's the new house?!)

ETA: I'm going to use your pics to help convince BF to go to Greece someday! Hope you don't mind!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Haven great photos! Thanks so much for sharing!!

We''re planning on going to athens, mykonos and santorini for our honeymoon.. probably next June. Nice to see how great the weather is this time of year. Gosh I wish I was there already, you''re so lucky. Looked like it was an awesome trip.
1.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Haven your pictures are fantastic looks like you had a ripper of a time :), I would love to visit Greece one day :).

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, your pictures are wonderful!!!! Glad you had a wonderful trip; I hope to go there someday! My husband has been and he loved it so it makes me so jealous. hehe You are so pretty and do look so relaxed in the beauty of the islands. Lovely trip!
face23.gif
Which was your favorite island if you had to choose? How is the new house? I bet you are loving it!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Haven you are so cute!
28.gif
Beautiful photos. Greece looks absolutely gorgeous! Every once and a while I try to talk FI into a European tour honeymoon...I think his Grandma might be willing to pay for that because she wants me (haha not him..I guess he doesn''t matter when it comes to this? Poor FI) to experience Europe. So I am like hey, let''s go to Europe.
31.gif

Anyway, any hotel recommendations? The one with the balcony looks awesome! What kind of food did you eat? Greek food..duh. But what kind? Haha. Also, meeting the man I think his name is Sammy was such a special experience. Now his story will live a long time past him since you''ll be able to share it for the rest of your life.
4.gif
Thank you for sharing your trip with us!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Haven what beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

By any chance have you any photos of Crete (you mentioned being in Heraklion)? I have family there and I love to see photos...
36.gif

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Those are amazing pictures.. Greece is on my list of places to see.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awesome pics, Haven!!! I hope I can get to Greece one day...such a gorgeous country!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Greece is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these photos! Haven, you look like Kristen Davis to me!
35.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Haven, what beautiful photos! I love the descriptions with each one as well, especially about the Holocaust survivor you met. What an incredible experience.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous photos, Haven!

I especially love the Santorini pics. Someday I''ll get there. It looks so beautiful!!

Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
These photos are amazing!!! What a fantastic trip, I''m so glad you enjoyed it!!

And what a great experience for the kids!! Where do I enroll?
31.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that looks like it was a completely amazing vacation. Thank you so much for sharing your photos - I''m dying to go now!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow! It looks like a truly amazing trip! Thanks for sharing!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Haven - your pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! My sister''s BF is from Greece and for the last five years he''s been teasing us about going there on vacation. After seeing your gorgeous pictures I may just have to blackmail him into organizing a trip
9.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 12:40:08 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Haven, you look like Kristen Davis to me!
35.gif

Haha - I totally see the similarity! Good one Dream
41.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Amazing pictures Haven!! Thanks for sharing!!
36.gif
I have been to Greece as well and it was one of the most memorable trips I have taken. I only wish I had a digital camera back then! Looks like you had a wonderful time and had some really lasting experiences.

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
Haven, your pictures are amazing...what a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing. I have to say I think you look a lot like Kristen Davis from Sex and the City (I think she is by far the prettiest of the four of them).
1.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 3:16:20 AM
Author: Haven
A view of Santorini.
Love this pic! Beautiful!
My grandfather was 100% Greek. He died before I was born, but I got to know my great-grandmother a bit before she died. She spoke mostly broken English so it was a bit difficult. I have many fond memories of gatherings with my Greek relatives in my childhood. They are a rowdy bunch! lol! But the pastries - mmmmmmm!
Sounds like you had the trip of a lifetime. Gorgeous pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results