shape
carat
color
clarity

bachlorette party and dogs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Plans are in the works!
So far we are all gathering at a park for a bbq potluck to play games and what have you, hopefully it wont rain :)
Ill need dust that day that i dont get a big ketchup stain on myself before we go out haha

also on another topic, are any of you dealing with guests that are wanting to bring their dogs? haha geez great, seriously though they are these huge golden retrievers they are bringing, why dont they just have a friend watch them! they are driving 10 hours to the wedding, i bet the dogs will just LOVE that

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
People want to bring dogs to your wedding?!?! That is nutty!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Dogs to a wedding? I have honestly never heard of such a thing. Wait, scratch that--I have only heard of it when it was the bride and groom''s own dog as the ring bearer (a la Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz). Your friends need a dog-sitter!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
they want to bring dogs to the wedding? are you kidding me??? c''mon! people are so rude!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:27:27 PM
Author:Smurfysmiles
Plans are in the works!
So far we are all gathering at a park for a bbq potluck to play games and what have you, hopefully it wont rain :)
Ill need dust that day that i dont get a big ketchup stain on myself before we go out haha

also on another topic, are any of you dealing with guests that are wanting to bring their dogs? haha geez great, seriously though they are these huge golden retrievers they are bringing, why dont they just have a friend watch them! they are driving 10 hours to the wedding, i bet the dogs will just LOVE that
I would tell them to take that up with the hotel they decide to stay at... odd.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I brought my dog with me to PA for my cousin''s wedding weekend, but we left her in the cottage as the wedding was going on. The wedding was in a very rustic area and she was around to play with the kids etc during the weekend.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 4:27:27 PM
Author:Smurfysmiles
Plans are in the works!

REALLY!?!?!?!?!

You can say no to them, right?

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the planning of the bachelorette party!! That sounds like a great way to spend the day! Are you going to have it here in CO or are you going to go home?

Dogs?! Really?!? Like just to hang out in a hotel room or to actually GO to the ceremony and reception? If it''s the former I would say take that up with the hotel....the latter I''d say no way! What if you have guests that are allergic to pet hair, scared of big dogs (no matter how gentle)....oooorrrrr even worse they take a big p00p right on your asile runner!!
23.gif
Bad situation!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s up to the pet owner to make accommodations for their four legged baby. Most responsible pet owners put their pooches in a kennel or hire/have someone watch them back home. I can''t believe someone would have the gall to even ASK to bring the dog!
38.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Considering that your wedding is fairly formal I would politely offer to help them find a hotel that allows for pets or suggest that they kennel them at home. Or that they leave them with a dogsitter.

I''ve heard of people being overly attached to their fur babies but this takes it too far! Its not like you are having a summery, casual back yard BBQ wedding!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Are they freakin serious?! I would NEVER take my two labradors to a wedding!! WTH?!?!

Just let them know that unfortunately they won''t be able to bring the dogs to the actual wedding, but they should check with their accommodation if they can stay there. For god''s sake, they can just get a housesitter for the weekend. If we go away at all, we get someone to stay at our place for our babies, there is no way I would be subjecting them to a car trip of that length anyway. Big dogs and long car trips don''t mix, they overheat incredibly quickly and it''s unfair to expect them to stay in a car that long. Some people shouldn''t have animals!
38.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I rarely get worked up over anything manners or etiquette related, but there is no freaking way that I would allow this to happen. Hopefully they are not for real.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 10:57:43 PM
Author: honey22
Are they freakin serious?! I would NEVER take my two labradors to a wedding!! WTH?!?!

Just let them know that unfortunately they won''t be able to bring the dogs to the actual wedding, but they should check with their accommodation if they can stay there. For god''s sake, they can just get a housesitter for the weekend. If we go away at all, we get someone to stay at our place for our babies, there is no way I would be subjecting them to a car trip of that length anyway. Big dogs and long car trips don''t mix, they overheat incredibly quickly and it''s unfair to expect them to stay in a car that long. Some people shouldn''t have animals!
38.gif

Honey, we drove our dog once from Brissie to Melbourne and then back (he was a big dog but around 6mth old puppy at the time) and he was fine with the drive - he loved it hell he loved car rides one of his favourite treats, and this was one of my happiest memories of my pup. I will add we had the air-con blasting and stopped about every 1.5-2hrs and stopped overnight instead of driving through and it wasn''t summer so it can be done but it depends on your dog and you have to be prepared.

Back to the original point bringing the dog to the wedding would not be on for me but you can stay in places that allow pets so maybe they are making arrangements for them when they get there?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
double post

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I think they are just bringing the dogs on the trip, not to the wedding. No one is THAT tacky. I don''t even take my dog with me when I visit family, but she usually travels with me. She stays at the hotel, or crated at SO''s house or some friendly accommodation. I''m sure this couple will do the same. Kenneling two dogs for several days can get quite expensive...

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh man.

I look at this two ways:

#1- I would never, ever ask to bring my dog to someone''s wedding ceremony & reception.... You have to keep guests in mind who may be allergic, afraid, etc.

#2- I also love the idea!
31.gif
You will all think I''m a total nut, but I am literally SO in love with animals... Haha... I wish I could add a note to my invites that says,
"Bring your doggies!"

But if your guests want to bring dogs and NOT have them at the reception-- eck. I think that''s unfair to the animals. Lots of dogs don''t like to travel and don''t like to be cooped up in little hotel rooms. I always think its best to leave a pet in the environment it is familiar with.

I do love goldens though...I had a dark golden growing up. Dogs are such awesome, happy creatures! I wish I had dogs... Unfortunately, my two kitties will NOT be in my wedding
2.gif
They''ll be with a kitty sitter in CO while I''m in OH.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:49:44 AM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom
Ohhh man.

#2- I also love the idea!
31.gif
You will all think I''m a total nut, but I am literally SO in love with animals... Haha... I wish I could add a note to my invites that says,
Ok, I''m going to admit that I love doggies too, especially big friendly ones! And for my wedding, which is on a beach, having doggies *probably* wouldn''t be a disaster - however if I got a big wet doggie nose print on the crotch on my dress, I think I''d die
32.gif
23.gif
14.gif

However, isn''t your wedding indoors in a pretty formal environment? I''m gonna have to assume that these people are simply traveling with the dogs, and are absolutely NOT bringing them to the wedding/reception. Please tell me this is the case...

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
haha i guess i should have cleared it up lol :)
they are just planning on bringing them on the trip and not to the actual wedding but still, fargo is a fairly populated area and those dogs will be so cooped up in the hotel the whole time! i feel bad for them
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results