shape
carat
color
clarity

bachelorette party ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I get that this is weird coming from a bride, but my MOH doesn''t live in the same city as me and I''m trying to think of some reasonable ideas for a bachelorette party. What have you all done?

Any one live in the Chicago area and have any ideas? Please save the stripper pole party ideas. I don''t see a couple of the girls liking the idea and I want everyone to have fun.

What did everyone else do?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t want a wild bar crawl or stripper pole party, so I requested we go to a local winery and do a tasting and then go to a nice dinner. I''m not sure exactly what my girls have come up with from there, as the party isn''t for 2 weeks.

For a friend, we prepared a bridal scavenger hunt all over her city. It was a blast watching her try and figure out the various clues and we ended up with a nice dinner out.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Beadchick--you and I must be twins. We can''t seem to lose that 10lbs, our MOHs are from out of town, and you live you Chicago too!
9.gif

Anyways, we are doing a bachelorette party through VIP Events. They have different variations so it''s up to you what you want.I didn''t want a stripper or anything too crazy. But we are booking through Empire Limo, which uses VIP Events to set up everything--confusing huh? Empire just ended up being cheaper and you pretty much pay for the limo but not for the parties. It was just easier to do it this way. Drinks were included, express entrance to bars/clubs, etc. My friends are the types that would want to go out to the clubs and have a crazy time, so I am up for it because I would like them to have fun.

If you look on the VIP site, they have lots of options, from spa days, to strippers
31.gif
, to a nice dinner and wine tasting. HTH.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I chose to go to a local brewery because I love beer! Do something you like! :)

brown_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for doing something you really enjoy!

I''m not a big bar scene person, so we''re having a beach getaway weekend (driving to a beach about 4 hours away and renting a house). We''ll lounge on the beach all day and hang out at the house playing games and such at night.

It''s your weekend, do something you''ll really enjoy!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I live in the Chicago area!

My bachelorette party was the same weekend as PrideFest, which made it pretty awesome because there were a ton of fun people out that night. We did a typical bachelorette party--brunch at Joey''s, hung out at the hotel (the W Lakeshore) until dinner at Halsted''s Grill in Boystown. Boystown and Lincoln Park bars after dinner, and then back to the hotel. We went to the Pride Parade the next day, too, which was a lot of fun.

We had a blast. I''m not really into the bar scene anymore, but it was fun to get out with my closest girlfriends and let loose.

They bought me one of those "Bride" tank tops, and made me wear a veil and some necklaces. We bought wigs that night and then wore them to the Pride Parade the next day, too. I love wigs.

I''ve been to the Baton Club for a ton of bachelorette parties. That''s a lot of fun. If you want to stay away from bars you could get mani/pedis and make your own handbags at 1154 Lill and then go out to dinner after.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Go Chi-town brides (okay that was corny). Oh, cupcake, I saw your pic in the dress. If only...

Hmm, I like all those ideas. For some reason, the beer one is sticking w/ me. I''m going to research this. We are having a mendi party (my wedding is this: India meets Caribbean meets vintage, aka fusion) the day before the wedding, so it would be awesome if we could brew or make something and then drink it that day. But we were still going to do the bachelorette thing b/c the moms will be there that day and we have to be good girls.

Ok, beer snobbery to commence now. Let me see what there is to find out on the web.

Thanks all!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My girls planned so many fun things for me for my bachelorette. We did it over a weekend. We had a slumber party on Friday night at a trendy local hotel. At the slumber party, they did a lingerie mini-shower for me, and then we just drank cheap champagne and ate candy while watching girly movies. It was so much fun! On Saturday, we did brunch and mani-pedis during the day, then went out to eat that evening, then went to a piano bar (where, as usual, there were at least 5 other bachelorette parties).

I loved it all, but the slumber party was really fun and special. We hardly ever get to get together like that now that we''re "grown up," so it was nice to have a non-grown-up night in anticipation of a very grown-up event (the wedding!). The lingerie shower they did was nice and low-key (no edible underthings or other toys), and I had to guess what each person picked out for me as I opened the gifts.

Italian

Rough_Rock
I love to travel so my girls and I are going on a 5 night Caribbean cruise. We found a really great deal that was hard to pass up. Once I got engaged, we knew that we were going to do a girls trip to a tropical destination.
36.gif

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
If your girls like handbags, check out 1154 LILL Studio. You can do in-store parties where everyone designs their own bag. You could do that during the late-afternoon and then head out later for dinner/drinks.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
If you all like sports (and beer for that matter), why don''t you go to a baseball game or even better, a hockey game. It''s definitely not the traditional bachelorette party, but I loved it when my girls went to a game.

Also, I love the idea of a spa day, an old-school sleepover, and also going to a cooking class or some other type of group thing.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results