shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Looking good, Ahl! I especially like the dresser- cute display space at the top with sacrificing storage and floor space!

The walls are painted the color they are going to stay? Such a nice neutral background for pops of color; you can do so much with the white highlights and yellows you are using, it's going to be fabulous!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aviastar|1438540884|3910157 said:
Looking good, Ahl! I especially like the dresser- cute display space at the top with sacrificing storage and floor space!

The walls are painted the color they are going to stay? Such a nice neutral background for pops of color; you can do so much with the white highlights and yellows you are using, it's going to be fabulous!

Thanks Aviastar! Yes the walls are going to stay this color! The crib will be gray like the curtain and then the opposite wall of the gray curtain will have the white trones mounted with white shelves above. I'm adding a hanging rail to the shelves so we can hang some baby clothes as well (no closet). I think it will balance nicely when it's done. I'm also considering adding an extra pop in art pieces (which I'll likely just make myself) combining the yellow/white/gray/coral if it's a girl or yellow/white/gray/navy if it's a boy. We'll see!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
I'm making some progress over here, too!
image_3735.jpg

Floor painted, shelving up ( with some canine help, of course!)

image_3736.jpg

Found a rug and made the first round of soft storage bins. Starting to actually put things away in there now and add some softness and texture. Just waiting on my changing table and crib to be painted and I've got to find, preferably not super expensive, frames for some artwork!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for progress! I'm so glad you found a rug you like. Are those the Lack shelves from Ikea? I bought one as well and will drill a bygel(?) rail into the bottom to hang clothes from. Yay Ikea!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
yes, lack shelves! We did add some generic white L brackets underneath- we found them to just be slightly too wiggly once installed. That might be because our studs in the walls aren't exactly evenly spaced, but each one got at least two stud anchors and they were still a little loose.

I put the mulig clothes bar in- it's just fine! And the bucket is the fintorp kitchen rail system. I adore Ikea, but be happy you are doing your shopping there earlier on than I did- a day there is exhausting and I went in with a printed list and everything and I was still more than done by the time we left!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone looking for some frames? They are so expensive, but Jo-Ann Fabric is doing 40% off right now! I ordered them online, so I don't know if the sale applies in store, but I just got 10 large-ish white floating frames for about $100.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How's the nursery coming AV? We finally got out heater cover and installed our ikea "open closet". Now we just need to paint the heater cover and get the rug flat. Then it's crib time and we're pretty much done!

img_1884__1_.jpg

img_9325.jpg

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Still waiting on the changing table/dresser. We're reusing an old piece so my mom repainted it and I just have to get it back now. But all in all pretty finished in here!

image_3901.jpg

I love how our dragon artwork turned out!
image_3902.jpg

Now, if this kid would only arrive to use this room!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay it came out great AV! I'll eventually make more progress in mine, lol!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been another month and we have a crib! We assembled it in that tiny room and it was a challenge!

We also had to change the rug since we just could not get the bump out so we switched to all gray in the process and are very happy with it. Yay for progress!

_35176.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
We made a big effort a couple of weekends ago to get the nursery done and we are now more or less finished- a couple more things to get but nothing major.

I've added a before so you can appriciate what condition the room and house was in when we bought it ( why yes, those are deep red velvet curtains with mould detailing, thank you for noticing!) I'm very proud on what we've managed to accomplish with this house on a limited budget.

I am a very "thrifty" and budget conscious person so pretty much everything here was heavily discounted, gifted or second hand. My favoraite things in the nursery are the framed 1950s school issued early reader picture books above the book case ( which were my mums) and the super sweet (70% off!) globe.

_2063.jpeg

_2064.jpeg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4ever - I just love your nursery, right down to that colorful pillow in the crib! Love the re-purposed artwork, so sweet! And, that was quite a transformation! Wow! What did you do for drapes? They look beige-y. I ask as someone who still hasn't put up drapes in our 9 month old's nursery. Hee-hee. And, where's the light fixture from? Is it flush to the ceiling?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Hi LV - thank you! The curtains are floor to ceiling and sort of a blue/grey silver colour similar to the wall colour. There are also white floor to ceiling sheer curtains in behind and a charcoal thermal roller blind.
The rug, light shade and colourful cushion are all from "Citta" - well their outlet store anyway. We live in NZ so I don't know if this brand is stocked elsewear. The shade is nearly touching the ceiling, we just have plain light stubs in the bedrooms, I've just chucked nice shades on them instead of upgrading to nicer fixings.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4ever - I didn't realize you were in NZ! Seems like such a pleasant place to be! I'm envious!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4ever it's adorable! It's nice to see another small space utilized so well! Here are some pics of ours from out newborn shoot, our room is just about 6 feet wide and 8 feet long, another small space.

miller_baby_portraits-2.jpg

miller_baby_portraits-11.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous Asscher! Your nursery but mostly that shot of you and baby! Lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results