shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PPM - Your nursery is perfect!! Will you come design my house? :cheeky: A few questions. Where is the rug from? And, you made the mobile??? Do you have a link to instructions?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Your nursery looks great PPM!!! We also have the same Ikea dresser...love it!!! (BTW, for anyone considering this dresser, its on sale at for the next 2 wks)! I really love everything you did!!! Beautiful space! :love: :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1342956761|3238055 said:
PPM - Your nursery is perfect!! Will you come design my house? :cheeky: A few questions. Where is the rug from? And, you made the mobile??? Do you have a link to instructions?
I love the rug too!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, ladies! We really enjoy the space, too.

Dani, the dresser is great, isn't it?! I went through the old PS nursery threads last night to admire everyone's sweet spaces, and it seems like a popular dresser among PS moms! We have some Hemnes furniture in our bedroom in grey/brown and looked at TONS of baby furniture before realizing we really loved the Hemnes style.

LV, this is the only 'put-together' room in my house. I'd describe the rest of my space as livable but not stylish or coordianted :cheeky: So consider that before inquiring about my design skills!! You'll end up with a bunch of mis-matched furniture bought second hand, otherwise, 'cause that's how I'd describe my overall style :sick:

Rug: From Home Depot, of all places! It's called Simpatico and is made by Mohawk. It was super affordable and is nice for a kid's room... I won't flip out if it gets dirty or stained, because we didn't spend a fortune! http://www.homedepot.com/buy/floori...scuit-starch-5-ft-x-7-ft-area-rug-131724.html

Mobile: There are quite a few tutorials online for mobiles like this, and many use those paint chips/swatches you can get for free at any home improvement store. I used cardstock in various colors, including glitter. I used a scrapbook punch to make perfect, identical circles, then glued two circles over a piece of string. Rinse, wash, repeat. When I finished a string, I tied it to an embroidery hoop. When all was said and done, I covered the hoop in ribbon. Some people choose to make the strings all the same size, but I liked making them uneven. A few other ways to do this can be found here:http://www.rubyredesign.com/2011/11/pinterest-challenge-paint-chip-mobile/

Mirror: Don't remember :(( It was a HomeGoods find (discount decor store) and we painted it off white. It's plastic, though, which made it super easy to hang.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, your nursery is adorable PPM! I agree with everyone--you did a wonderful job!

We're going to use an elephant theme in our nursery, too. The women in my family have collected elephants for many generations back, so they're very special to me. You are giving me some great inspiration!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Can I finally post O's room?!

There are a few details still missing in these photos (a picture above his dresser, the curtains in one picture) but close enough! It's a really small room so it was hard to get good pictures.

img_3051.jpg

img_3053.jpg

img_3054.jpg

img_3055.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
It was impossible to get a shot of the mobile I made, but it's owls and trees if you can't tell!

His name canvas isn't really that high up, it's just the angle of the picture. Visually I would have liked it lower, but he likes to try to take it off the wall!

img_3060.jpg

img_3114.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
KUNZITE M & E's nursery looks awesome, great job on the mobile!!! :appl:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy|1349627245|3280967 said:

Skippy, that's O's room. We just got M&E's room painted so hopefully it will be done in a few weeks too and I'll be back with more!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite|1349627360|3280969 said:
Skippy|1349627245|3280967 said:

Skippy, that's O's room. We just got M&E's room painted so hopefully it will be done in a few weeks too and I'll be back with more!!

Oh! lol I was wondering if the cribs were side by side; now I see the sign that says Oliver! I can't wait to see the boys room!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Really cute room! The mobile is impressive and I love the canvas thingie with his birthdate. very cool.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, O's nursery is just amazing! I love the mobile, you are so clever!! May I please ask where you bought the canvas with his name etc on it? It's exactly what I've been looking for, for our bub!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
DandiAndi|1349753508|3281967 said:
Kunzite, O's nursery is just amazing! I love the mobile, you are so clever!! May I please ask where you bought the canvas with his name etc on it? It's exactly what I've been looking for, for our bub!

Thanks Dandi, but I'm not clever at all! I took the idea for the mobile from one I saw online. The canvas is from Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/trendypeas I posted a closer picture of it earlier in this thread too: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/baby-nurseries.125127/page-17']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/baby-nurseries.125127/page-17[/URL]

PPM - if you happen to see this, what is the name of your paint color? It's the exact shade I want to paint our master bedroom and I'm awful at deciphering paint chips!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
PPM, I'm hoping you see this too. I need a new area rug for my bedroom, and I'm considering the one you have in the nursery. My walls are gray like yours. Do you love ithe rug against the gray? Is the biscuit color more of a grayish tan or a true tan? It's hard to decipher in the picture. Thank you!!!:)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome, thanks Kunzite!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Here's our little man's nursery. He's only visiting his room at the moment...I have him under my wing. :saint: I wonder how long I can keep him in my room...ha ha!

photo_12_ps.jpg

photo_15_ps.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few more...

_1447.jpg

_1448.jpg

_1449.jpg

_1450.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Daddy found these Little elephant hooks at Lee Valley!

_1451.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to share my little girl's nursery and also bump this up to see if anyone else has something to post! I do have to say that any future babies will probably be out of luck on the fancy/personalized nursery!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bditi5tb1by9he4/wO3UlnPnnh

ETA: the only thing missing is the comfy rocker/recliner that we bought for the nursery but DH insisted we try out in the living room until little girl makes her entrance. We will see if i get it moved into the nursery or not!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah!! It's perfection, indecisive!! I love every last detail!! I have the same butterfly "orb" (different colors), but think it is just so lovely! Where are the drapes from? Soooo pretty and such great light from that huge window. I love your yard too!! haha! And a full closet of cute girlie clothes already!! Eeeeee!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
it looks great, indecisive!! p.s. love the name choice...I share a name with your LO (Julia is my middle name) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I never took photos of our completed nursery; it doesn't hold a flame to these amazing spaces though!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
LovesVintage- Thank you so much! I really like the butterfly mobile thing too. I couldn't believe Pottery Barn was the cheapest place to find it, too. I looked at curtains for a long time because I couldn't see paying $100 or more per panel, especially because are windows are taller and we need long curtains (96in). The ones we got are actually shower curtains. We just folded the strip over and then used the curtain clips to hang them. It was a lot cheaper and the baby has to learn to nap without black out curtains anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Gypsy-Ruffled...8278592&sr=8-1&keywords=ruffle+shower+curtain

lulu- Thank you! I think you have a beautiful, classic middle name! I am glad my little one has good company with the name. I bet your nursery was great. I love seeing how everyone organizes things like closets and changing tables.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
indecisive - You're so clever to have used the shower curtains!! I remember looking at panels like that. I think they were at Urban Outfitters of all places!! I didn't know they had the butterfly orbs at PBK now. I guess I'm a little out of the nursery decor market now that I have an almost 2 year old! (How did that happen!?!?) Anyway, I got mine on etsy. It's hanging over the changing table, and I just love it for its freshness and ever so slight movement, every now and again. Kiddo seems to like it too! Yay for butterflies! And, birds too!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I always loved looking at the gorgeous PS nurseries here so I thought I would post ours. We only have a small room in our house and everything was DIY and on a budget. I had a lot of fun throwing it all together!

dsc_5162.jpg

dsc_5169.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

dsc_5166.jpg

dsc_5157.jpg

dsc_5156.jpg

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

dsc_5171.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Mia, everything looks gorgeous! You're very talented.

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, ladies... sorry I didn't see your questions 'til now:

Kunzite- the color is Sea Haze by Benjamin Moore!

Dani- It's a pretty true tan, but we have it against grey walls with off-white furniture.

Ello, Indecisive and Mia, the rooms look darling!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
This has been one of my favorite threads to peruse, even before I was pregnant, so I wanted to share our baby girl's nursery. We are virtually done, though I still have several little details that I'm waiting on (a lamp for a corner, some items that will have her name on it, etc.), and I still need to iron the curtain panels.

It's a pretty small room (about 10x10), and our closets are tiny, so we tried to add in as much storage as we could.

indecisive - I think we might have the same crib (though yours is white), and I just noticed we have the same butterfly mobile (which is one of my favorite things in the room!).

_5016.jpg

_5017.jpg

_5018.jpg

nursery4.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two more.

_5019.jpg

_5020.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results